Barclays Premier League Concepts

Deion.Blackwell8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the eton blue for the third Chelsea kit. Plus your interchangeability of your home and away Chelsea kits with the socks and shorts with the two shirts are very nicely done. A lot better than the current blue-blue-white combos each and every year. Excellent work and keep it up! Looking forward to the rest of this thread.

For me, if you are going with a blue foldover on the white home sock, then I would go full white without blue and red hoops. I just feel like when the players are running around on-field , it might look too much like hooped socks.

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

For me, if you are going with a blue foldover on the white home sock, then I would go full white without blue and red hoops.

Yep, I'd go along with that - or at least reduce down the hoops so they're thinner, at the moment they have a big chunk of red compared with the rest of the kit where it's used more sparingly. But I think the home looks a lot more 'Chelsea' with those white socks, it's a great improvement on what was already a very nice looking kit.

Crystal Palace

Home: Not really much to say about these. A simple red/blue striped kit. I decided to use navy blue over the yellow that Palace uses on the kits right now...I saw navy used on a few of the Palace kits from years past and I personally think it looks really nice.

Clash & Third: Again, nothing spectacular, the blue/red sash has been used by Crystal Palace so so many times before. I decided to stick with it...notice the sublimates stripes branching off the sash. Gives the kit a little life IMO. Yes or no to the navy blue third?

CrystalPalace.png

C&C

Everton is on deck!

I like the sublimated stripes on the away and third kits, nice touch. Agreed, it gives the kits that something extra. I would say no the navy third. Maybe pay homage to the original Palace kits colors of claret and blue. It is only the third kit and can be used for special occasions. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Crystal_Palace/Crystal_Palace.htm

I like the sublimated stripes on the away and third kits, nice touch. Agreed, it gives the kits that something extra. I would say no the navy third. Maybe pay homage to the original Palace kits colors of claret and blue. It is only the third kit and can be used for special occasions. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Crystal_Palace/Crystal_Palace.htm

I honestly did think about using the claret and pale blue, but I feel like it's not specific to Palace whereas the Eton blue is pretty specific to Chelsea.

I honestly did think about using the claret and pale blue, but I feel like it's not specific to Palace whereas the Eton blue is pretty specific to Chelsea.

Not specific to Palace? That was their original colors when they first formed and entered into The Football League Third Division in 1920-21. It's no different from the Eton blue of Chelsea because it was in their past, part of their history. But it's your concept thread series and I was just C&C

Not specific to Palace? That was their original colors when they first formed and entered into The Football League Third Division in 1920-21. It's no different from the Eton blue of Chelsea because it was in their past, part of their history. But it's your concept thread series and I was just C&C

Those Claret and Blue jerseys scream West Ham/Aston Villa.. History is one thing, but when it resembles a teams current look in the same division that closely it shouldn't be used.

As for the navy blue, I like it. Nice work.

Another nice set.

Palace's sash kit has long being a favourite of mine, and I like what you've done with it here for the away kit - the sublimated sashes work nicely and put a nice twist on an old classic.

Bring on Everton!

Those Claret and Blue jerseys scream West Ham/Aston Villa.. History is one thing, but when it resembles a teams current look in the same division that closely it shouldn't be used.

FTFY. :P

Everyone else that uses claret and blue—Burnley, Palace before the switch, and West Ham included—all did so to emulate Villa.

Anyways, a bit of feedback here, concept by concept...

Arsenal: Really like what you've done here, especially with the road kit. Love the sublimated halved shirt, too—something I've done before with an Arsenal concept.

Aston Villa: This is really good but of course, with it being my club I'll have some things to nitpick at. I'm typically not a fan of raglan sleeves for the Villa but I think you've done a good job. I'll echo the comments about the home and road shorts and socks being interchangeable which is great, considering we're keen on wearing light blue or claret shorts on the road with our claret shirts if playing a side that wears white shorts. Being nitpicky, but traditionally (over the last 40 or so years), Villa have worn blue socks. That's changed from time-to-time (like the year we wore black as a throwback... really liked that) but I feel blue socks could really help put the concept over the top.

Chelsea: This is top work once again, especially on that road shirt—it's gorgeous. Chelsea are a really hard club to do something with that isn't really cut and dry but I think you've done well. I also LOVE the inspiration behind the third. Well done.

Crystal Palace: This is the type of concept I walk away from saying I'd have to see it in person to really get a gauge on it. Generally I think you've done well—and I really like the idea of the navy shorts (though I'm not sure how it'd look in real life) but would suggest carrying the blue stripes onto the sleeves too—if you're going to have sleeves without stripes, I'd say to invert them so the darker color (the blue in this case) is the dominant one on the shirt. I think having blue stripes on red looks a little more awkward than red on blue would be there. As for the road kit, I echo Jaffa's comments—that's one of my favorite kits in soccer and I think you've done great with it.

Generally though, this is realyl top stuff. Well done!

6fQjS3M.png

I agree with Aston Villa and West Ham having claret and blue home kits. But to pay homage to their history, using their original claret and blue as a third kit only would be a nice touch. Really how often would they would wear it? No matter what mate, excellent thread looking forward to the rest of the series.

Everton

Very simple kits here for Everton...most of Everton's kits have been pretty basic in the past, so I didn't really want to change that too much.

Home: A simple Blue/White collar/cuffs...I tried to bring the same striping from the collar onto the shorts & socks. Sublimated stripes on the shirt. Not really much to say other than that.

Clash: I switched it up and went with a polo collar on for the clash. Everton tends to go for a yellow or a white clash...I fancied the yellow. I went with basically the same striping on the collar/cuffs/shorts/socks. The blue shorts would work perfectly with the home if need be.

Third: I was looking through the past Everton thirds/clashes when I saw this salmon color. Instantly I fell in love with it. This kit is pretty similar to the home sans the sublimated stripes...

Everton.png

C&C!

Hull City is next on the list!

Archived