Barclays Premier League Concepts

Deion.Blackwell8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool had a spell of pinstriped kits back when I was a little Jaffa, so it's a look I like to see on them - they look great on the away and it's a nice variation on the theme with the home and third as well.

Alrighty lets get back into it. First of all, for the Liverpool set, the Liver bird will stay as is...no yellow.

Manchester City

Home: Gold. That's the theme for all three of these kits for Man City, seeing as they are the champions of the league. I personally think the champions of the league should incorporate gold into their next seasons kit. Obviously, I went with a blue shirt...I decided to mainly use gold on the collar/cuffs, crest, Nike logo, and Etihad Airways logo. The collar striping is carried down into the shorts stripe. I have a feeling this is gonna be a huge it or a huge miss.

Clash: Basically a recolor of the home...Is a gold shirt too much? I personally think it's class.

Third: I remember City using a similar color just a few years ago...I thought that kit looked really good. So I obviously decided to go in a similar direction. Sublimates skinny stripes on the front and back of the shirt. Just a simple kit. The gold makes it look really good IMO.

ManCity.png

How do you guys feel about the use of gold? C&C!

Manchester United is next

Sorry, but the gold is just too much for me personally. In my opinion the gold premier league patches on the sleeves are 'prize' enough and any extra gold just detracts from what they stand for. Other people may think differently, just my 1.18 pence.

Having said that, the concepts are real clean once again. The use of gold on the third isnt too bad as it works as a combination and compliments the badge well. Maroon is something I would like to see used more prevalently in City's identity as it is a colour they have used in the recent and also distant past.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Yep, I'd agree that the gold on the home is maybe a tad too much. That said, I think it does work rather nicely on the third kit as it contrasts nicely against the maroon.

Personally the gold on the home strip is fine as long as the sponsor logo and nike logos are both changed to navy. The gold away strip however is a bit too much considering the amount of gold featured in the third. I'd go back to the drawing board on that one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

These are very good.

Arsenal - Not normally the biggest fan of their kits. The home is kept very traditional and just is what you would expect from Arsenal. The away is nice and does not resemble anything like the bruised banana kit they used in the early 90's. Not so keen on the 3rd kit. Maybe the red should of been changed to a light blue like the 95 away.

Aston Villa - Home is very nicely done. I like the way you have quartered the claret/maroon. The away again is nice and fits in with Villa's history of past away kits. The 3rd again links well as Villa had black shirts as a home shirt in the start of their history. I like these very much.

Chelsea - The only constructive criticism I have on these is the 3rd kit. I just dont like the colour. I suppose in a way it does fit with the Chelsea history and as they have had a mish mash of different colours in the 3rd kit over the years but that just does not look right.

Crystal Palace - Spot on with these. The away is very fondly remembered when they used it as a home kit in the 70's when I was dragged along to watch a few matches of theirs as a child. Probably my favourite set so far.

Everton - Basically as Everton kits go they are not extravagant and not bland. It is just what Everton would be seen in.

Hull City - Very modern looking kits you have done here. I am glad you kept away from the awful looking tiger stripe kits they use to wear in the early 90's. Although I notice on the collar of the away there is homage to it.

Liverpool - The home kit is very cleverly done. There is reminders of most of their iconic kits through the ages. Not sure if you did that intentionally but it looks that way. The away shirt is again another iconic shirt. Almost looks like a throwback shirt. Unfortunately the 3rd shirt lets this set down in my opinion. I would of looked at doing a white shirt and black shorts which is very iconic to Liverpool away kits in the 60's and 70's

Man City - Way too much gold trim. Chelsea had this the other year when they won the Champions League. No need for it. If you changed all the gold to white on all those then they would be far better.

glory10.png

Manchester City Update

After reading through your guys comments...I've decided to update Man City. The home I s basically the same, but with navy blue instead of gold. The away is a complete overhaul, I went with an all navy blue kit. With sky blue/white collar/cuff, shorts, and socks striping. Decided to keep the third the same, as it was well received.

ManCity.png

The Man City update is a definite plus to the original....great job. As for the Man Utd kit concept, all you need to do is color their home kit brown for sh :censored: ing the bed of the season, yellow away for being spineless with the whole Moyes situation...:P

Great job overall here. One request. Can you post updates in a new post, rather than replacing the original. It's nice to see the process. I wasn't able to see the gold Man City and am interested in how it looked.

Thanks!

The City one looks way better than before. These are your concepts so you dont have to change them because some things we dont like.

glory10.png

@nas1787 I reposted the original so you can see it above.

Manchester United

Home & Third: I thought about going for the tartan look at first...but IMO it's pretty much played out. So I went with a simple sublimated stripe pattern across the front and back of the shirts. All black collarcuffs on the home and vice versa on the third.

Clash: I came up with this chest stripe after looking at the Manchester United crest. Basically of you take the ship off the crest, that is the chest stripe. I left the shirt white and paired it with red shorts, and white socks. Interested to see how this is received...

ManUtd.png

C&C

Newcastle is on deck...

Thanks. I quite like the gold shirt..

If only that was what Man U did with the Chevy logo, not the mess it's looking like it's going to be.

Everything you've done here has been very classy, great job.

Very well done with the Chevrolet sponsor. Not too sure about the red shorts on the away kit. Cant remember seeing United having red shorts so thats maybe why they look odd.

glory10.png

Newcastle United

Home: Simple. Black/White striped shirt. Black shorts. Hooped socks. 'Old Gold' is used as the accent color for this kit.

Clash: A remake of the Newcastle United away kit from the late 80's.

Third: I went with the shade of blue from the crest as the main color of the kit. The collar/cuffs is split Gold/Black...as well as the sash the runs across the front of the shirt. Shorts are the same color as the shirt. with a split Gold/Black stripe running down the side. And to finish off, the socks are the blue with the fold-over split, as you guessed, Gold/Black.

Newcastle.png

C&C

Southampton will be up next.

Archived