2014-15 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

I like the royals colours. I'm okay with a black jersey so long as they acknowledge that blue is their primary and don't go full BFBS.

I'd also like it if they ditched the red trim in the logos. Looks bad. We don't need another blue and red team, and we certainly don't need a team that wears blue red AND black.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BzdfkJaIUAAW3EV_zpsf7b0926b.jpg

The white jersey is the same as the Niagara Falls Thunder

vyajiybid3fwfk2q3o8j_zps4fb9f15a.gif

Well they are both exactly the same as the Chicago Blackhawks white...which is very common for other teams to use.

The uniforms are actually an homage to the St. Catharines Black Hawks, a team from the old OHA, who happened to be sponsored by Chicago. A closer look at the new shoulder patch shows a direct reference to them, with an interlocking ST and C over crossed bones, instead of tomahawks.

20141008_180545.jpg

BzdfkJaIUAAW3EV_zpsf7b0926b.jpg

The white jersey is the same as the Niagara Falls Thunder

vyajiybid3fwfk2q3o8j_zps4fb9f15a.gif

Well they are both exactly the same as the Chicago Blackhawks white...which is very common for other teams to use.
The uniforms are actually an homage to the St. Catharines Black Hawks, a team from the old OHA, who happened to be sponsored by Chicago. A closer look at the new shoulder patch shows a direct reference to them, with an interlocking ST and C over crossed bones, instead of tomahawks.

20141008_180545.jpg

And St. Catharines' jersey paid homage to whose jerseys? And the shoulder patch they wore paid homage to who? And the name? So....they are inspired by St. Catharines who were inspired by Chicago.....which would make this a widely used template who's origin dates back to....Chicago.

Those new Red Deer thirds look like nothing more than the Guelph Storm's home jerseys with a black yoke added.

Not saying that's a bad thing. The Storm are one of my favorite identities in the OHL.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Royals jersey is okay. Still don't get the back in black reference, though. The logo kinda reminds me an evil Disney drawn lion.

Maybe back in black as they were the Chilliwack Bruins and they played in black? I dunno...

I forgot they were the Bruins. I guess that would kinda make sense.

The Royals jersey is okay. Still don't get the back in black reference, though. The logo kinda reminds me an evil Disney drawn lion.

Maybe back in black as they were the Chilliwack Bruins and they played in black? I dunno...

I forgot they were the Bruins. I guess that would kinda make sense.

It would except that Victoria does a great job of ignoring the fact that they were in Chilliwack. Actually, seems like the WHL does a great job of ignoring the Bruins as well.

I might have worded that a bit harsh. Most WHL teams treat themselves as unique, ignoring all the moves that lead to most current franchises.

I think Chilliwack ignores they had the Bruins.

I hated their look. A modified Boston logo that doesn't make sense without the context of Boston and then they felt like adding a red jersey just because.

A Boston logo with a Pittsburgh jersey makes no one happy.

I liked the red one only because it used the underrated shoulder logo on the front. I don't think it needed Chilliwack written underneath it, though.

I think Chilliwack ignores they had the Bruins.

I hated their look. A modified Boston logo that doesn't make sense without the context of Boston and then they felt like adding a red jersey just because.

A Boston logo with a Pittsburgh jersey makes no one happy.

I liked the red one only because it used the underrated shoulder logo on the front. I don't think it needed Chilliwack written underneath it, though.

The Indian Bear was a really nice logo. The Bruins should have built their jerseys around that logo. It was unique. The Boston Bruins ripoff look they went with was never good at any point in their short time in the WHL. There was a ton of potential to do a lot of cool jerseys with that Logo. I remember that red jersey you're talking about and I hated it because that bear logo was shrunk down so small. The wordmark ruined the that jersey and it is a damn shame too. Maybe the Royals will one day make use of it but that's probably unlikely. As for the Royals' third jersey, it isn't anything special but it isn't terrible. It could have ended up like Tampa's new third jersey.... yikes. Am I the only one who was hoping for the Royals to use a crown as their logo? Nevermind, the Oil Kings would probably object to that.

Archived