New Fandango Logo

letsgomets1212

Old one is superior because it represented the torn half of the movie stub, but this new one's in a generic ticket-ish shape but it's not as obvious. Both wordmarks suck and both color schemes suck.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like it. It's simple and clean and eliminates the infamous "black for the sake of black" that is so common in sports these days. It's not needed here and I'm glad they realized that.

If they wanted to go the "simpler" route, they should've just made their original logo a solid orange and got rid of the drop shadow. The new font is an upgrade, but not by much. I'd also like to see a bolder orange/blue or just a different color scheme altogether.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like it. It's simple and clean and eliminates the infamous "black for the sake of black" that is so common in sports these days. It's not needed here and I'm glad they realized that.

Really? "Black for the sake of black"? :rolleyes:

It was used as an outline, that is an actual reason. Wow I just cant believe people really do use that term, especially for stuff outside of uniforms (which was only really when teams like the a's or the royals had black uniforms)

I'm surprised by the response this is getting here. IMO, this was an unquestionable upgrade to the "F" logo. Simplified, balanced and all-around more attractive.

The type on the other hand...downgrade. I hate the "random rounded corner" type-treatment.

I'm surprised by the response this is getting here. IMO, this was an unquestionable upgrade to the "F" logo. Simplified, balanced and all-around more attractive.

The type on the other hand...downgrade. I hate the "random rounded corner" type-treatment.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to at all, but I also noticed that if you turn the logo upside down, the orange portion of it makes the letter "F" instead. It has perfect symmetry. I don't know if it was intentional, but it seems too perfect not to be.

Really? "Black for the sake of black"? :rolleyes:

It was used as an outline, that is an actual reason. Wow I just cant believe people really do use that term, especially for stuff outside of uniforms (which was only really when teams like the a's or the royals had black uniforms)

Yes.

The outline being black made no sense. If the outline were blue, to match the font, the logo would be much better. If the font were black, that would be okay too but there's no sense in adding extra colors when you don't need to.

It was to emphasize the outline of the ticket stub shape clearly, so again it made sense.

It has more of a point than the gray dropshadow does, and even that was fine.

As for the new logo, its ok doesnt really look like a ticket stub imo cause the ones with the notches in the side are usually rectangular and not square. Also whats with the random curves in the wordmark? dumb looking imo.

I like the new logo, but prefer the old wordmark. Not a fan of the washed-out blue they used for the new wordmark either. While I love black as an accent color, it wasn't necessary in the old logo. Glad they ditched it.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to at all, but I also noticed that if you turn the logo upside down, the orange portion of it makes the letter "F" instead. It has perfect symmetry. I don't know if it was intentional, but it seems too perfect not to be.

Oh wow. I really like the new logo now, I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

its all a slight upgrade. it is definitely something that works better at small sizes and i think that may be a focus with the re design. not sure if its the same for all users but whenever i'm on Fandango i'm on my phone. (and no i dont want the app, stop asking me!)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Old one is superior because it represented the torn half of the movie stub, but this new one's in a generic ticket-ish shape but it's not as obvious. Both wordmarks suck and both color schemes suck.

That may be true, but when was the last time someone tore your movie ticket?

That may be true, but when was the last time someone tore your movie ticket?

Come to think of it, never.

Archived