European Soccer Concept Cup VOTING

raysox

EU_zps59c93152.png

What's up, dorks? On the drive home for summer, I remembere a little competition I held over 4 years ago. I thought it would be neat to bring it back.

What it is is essentially five 16 team soccer leagues in different countries in Europe. Everyone will pick a city, design a logo and a minimum of 2 full kits from scratch, then submit them. They all get voted on, and the teams with the most votes moved on to a knockout tournament, ultimately deciding the best concept! Seems easy enough. Check out the old competition by searching ESCC.

So here is the rules. I will post 16 cities. First com first serve in getting teams. The cities are pretty much set, but if you REALLY must have a concept in a different place, just tell me. The most teams a person can do is 3, but in all different leagues. So you could do a team in Germany, Italy, and France. But that means you have to sit out for the UK and Spanish round. You will have 2 weeks from the date the thread is posted to turn in your concept from me. Everyone will vote for 5 concepts, ranked 1-5. The points will be reverse of the rank(1st place=5 points etc). That will be open for 2 days. Once we have all the concepts done, the best 16 move on to a knockout tournament. That's the top 3 in each get automatic bids, and then the 4th place one with most points moves on. The teams will be placed in a bracket, and then we will vote.

All good? This thread is for hype. I'll post the first thread tomorrow.

France - France Voting
Germany - Germany Voting
Italy - Italy Voting

Spain - Spain Voting
United Kingdom - United Kingdom Voting

European Concept Cup Voting

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neat idea, don't remember the last one though (the link doesn't work btw!) but with my new template about completed I'll be entering at least once!

Quick question, Mr Raysox - in the previous competition there was a standardised typeface entrants were to use for names and numbering. Will this be the case this time around or do we have a free hand when it comes to our kit's typography?

Archived