European Soccer Concept Cup: France VOTING

raysox

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
raysox, are you going to leave this thread open after the voting so we can discuss the concepts more in depth? I'd love to give and receive feedback on the designs...I just don't want to muddle up this thread while voting is active.

Same here.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

tough choices here.

1. Sporting Club Marseille

2. FCU Le Harve

3. AS Bordelais

4. La Siene

5. Sporting Riviera

Also, I'd like to point out that I think having a lot of details on your image as to why certain designs are there are really helping with votes. I'm not saying this is wrong, I'm just thinking maybe we could either not allow explanations to detail to allow the design to speak for itself or maybe make it mandatory to include some type of information on the image. I asked about this when I sent mine in and I guess you missed that question. Most of you probably think I'm an idiot for having a Catalan team in a french league lol.

tough choices here.

2. FCU Le Harve

3. AS Bordelais

4. La Siene

5. Sporting Riviera

Also, I'd like to point out that I think having a lot of details on your image as to why certain designs are there are really helping with votes. I'm not saying this is wrong, I'm just thinking maybe we could either not allow explanations to detail to allow the design to speak for itself or maybe make it mandatory to include some type of information on the image. I asked about this when I sent mine in and I guess you missed that question. Most of you probably think I'm an idiot for having a Catalan team in a french league lol.

I can see where you're coming from. I felt I needed to include the city symbol because, otherwise, it looks like a hazard sign. That said, I'm game for whatever.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

tough choices here.

2. FCU Le Harve

3. AS Bordelais

4. La Siene

5. Sporting Riviera

I can see where you're coming from. I felt I needed to include the city symbol because, otherwise, it looks like a hazard sign. That said, I'm game for whatever.

The details are helping because they are enhancing their designs with supplemental images. Understanding the reasoning behind the designers crest/kit/fine details improves it. Some guys focus on just the cities crest/flag -- while others go in-depth much like Jaffa did and really research the city, the brand they are looking for, even picking a sponsor that goes along with that brand (STX is a shipbuilding company from France; CMA CGA is a shipping company). That extra effort is what deserves votes IMHO.

Once voting ends I'll post up my C&C for all 15 concepts!

The details are helping because they are enhancing their designs with supplemental images. Understanding the reasoning behind the designers crest/kit/fine details improves it. Some guys focus on just the cities crest/flag -- while others go in-depth much like Jaffa did and really research the city, the brand they are looking for, even picking a sponsor that goes along with that brand (STX is a shipbuilding company from France; CMA CGA is a shipping company). That extra effort is what deserves votes IMHO.

Once voting ends I'll post up my C&C for all 15 concepts!

Thats exactly my point, had I known I could include that, then my design would have made more sense to people. Since most of us know nothing about Perpignan or any of the Languedoc area, they wouldnt know that the area is known for its Catalan heritage and that every team in the area has the Catalan design influenced.

But whatever, I put more effort into my Germany entry so hopefully it will speak for itself - but just in case, I'm attaching some info along with it this time.

With under a day to go, here is the standings for France

1. FC Union des Le Harve - 79 points

2. SC Marseille - 59 points

3. La Seine - 37 points

-------------------------------

4. OSC Paris - 33 points

-------------------------------

5. Sporting Riviera - 30 points

6. Olimpek Nantes - 29 points

7. Reims Champagne-Ardenne - 28 points

8. FC Rhone - 27 points

9. AS Bordelais - 24 points