New personal monogram/icon

NDwas

Pick a version!  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haven't posted much here in a long while...but I finally put something together (it literally came together within minutes of creating another icon) that I actually really like. My initials/first name (NED/Neal) are apparent within the icon but it can also be conceived as a bowtie/ribbon/link/crossing/lemniscate, perhaps?

I'd love to get your feedback and see if there's anything else I can do to perfect this. Thanks so much in advance.

bowtie_zps6c38beeb.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I like your avatar better.

I agree. It's much more recognizable that it's supposed to be an ND than the bowtie-like ones where I had to search for all the letters. I'd stick with your avatar, or maybe try and update that.

spacer.png

If you hadn't had mentioned those were your initials, I would not have guessed it, and even when you did, it still took me awhile to figure it out on the plain black ones. I'll echo many of the other posters and say that your avatar logo is much more recognizable, though you could probably do to update it a little.

Personally I really like the simplicity of your current logo. If you wanted to develop a new logo, I would take the idea from your current logo and apply it to a new font. I think its really creative using a portion of the D as an N.

As for your new concept. I'm not seeing your initials. I see the bowtie for sure, but definitely nothing else you described.

Real quick Dissection (hope i got it right haha):

13959321729_c27cc9015a_z.jpg

I agree too, the bowtie is an easy read, but the initials arnt. Sometimes I don't mind the when the letters are a bit abstracted, makes the audience have to "discover" it, but its all a personal preference.

Maybe try an execution using the negative space, you can get a lot out of a logo that way.

Hartford-Whalers-logo-design.jpg

Guild-of-Food-Writers-logo-design.jpg

My favorite of the batch is B though, soft edges is nice with the strong center "N" cross bar.

Thrashlete-Logo1-400px.png

TRAIN DIRTY. PLAY DIRTY. DESIGN DIRTY.

Thrashlete.com

Thrashlete on Facebook

Thrashlete on Twitter

Archived