European Soccer Concept Cup: Germany VOTING

raysox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As with the French round, there's some really strong work in here - but the votes from the Hull jury are in...

1. Union Dortmund
  2. FC Hanover
  3. SPVGG Dresden
  4. Viktoria SV Berlin
  5. FBG München

Some strong work all around from everyone.

1. SV Hamburg-Altstadt. Loved this concept from top to bottom. Well done, Nas. Well done.

2. 1. FC Hanover. Clean look, Mike. Simple but effective.

3. Union Dortmund FC. Love the incorporation of local landmarks and the double-red motif, Chris.

4. SpVgg Dresden. Always'll back a purple shirt and thought you did a great job incorporating the coat of arms, BW.

5. SV Köln. Good incorporation of the cathedral here but think the business of the road shirt's chevron design doesn't really fit with the overall cleanliness of the look.

6fQjS3M.png

Also, a bit of background info on my concept for those interested.

SV Hamburg-Altstadt

The crest is in the tradition of simple German looks, with the two Marian stars not representing titles, but rather the two stars atop the church/castle seen in the city's coat of arms (which is depicted in the secondary logo on the back collar and socks). 1908 is the date of founding.

The primary kit features the red kit with brown sleeves that has been standard for SVHA since the 30s. The added pin-hoops are a Warrior addition. The red and white come from the city's flag, while the brown was used as a nod to a real Hamburg club (FC St Pauli).

The 2nd and 3rd kits are typical Warrior creations, though yellow is a colour that SVHA have often used in change kits throughout their history.

Thanks to all who voted for me.

I hope I'm not out of line by posting this pic here but it is a goodie related to this project. I was thrilled when PES 2014 was a free download for playstation plus subscribers this month. I've always been a FIFA series supporter but when I discovered the customization aspect of PES I was hooked. Anyway here is a screen of my Frankfurt SK taking on Bayern Munich in game. Not the best quality picture but you get the idea.

20140519_080600_zpsf7baebc9.jpg

Hey everyne! Sorry, I've been in Tampa visiting my girlfriend. But I just tallied up the scoring and with a few hours left in voting, here are the standings. I'll have you know, adding themup was pretty exciting.

1. Viktoria SV Berlin - 67 points

2. Union Dortmund - 65 points

3. Stuttgart Eintract - 51 points

------------------------------------

4. Hamburg-Altstadt - 46 points(needs atleast 47 to be top WC)

------------------------------------

5. 1 FC Hanover - 41 points

6. BG Munich - 30 points

7. SPVGG Dresden - 30 points

8. FC Berlin West - 22 points

9. 1 FC Nurnburg - 18 points

10. Koln - 8 points

So we have a little bit left to vote(Hanover into the finals)!

Gonna call it here.

So here is the German table. The scoring was close!

1. Viktoria SV Berlin - 70 points

2. Union Dortmund FC - 67 points
3. Stuttgart Eintract - 60 points
---------------------------------------

4. Hamburg-Altstadt - 46 points (OSC Paris - 47 points)

---------------------------------------

5. 1 FC Hanover - 45 points

6. SPVGG Dresden - 31 point
7. BG Munich - 30 points

8. FC Berlin West - 29 points

9. 1 FC Nurnburg - 18 points
10. Frankfort AM SK - 11 points
11. Sport-Verien Koln - 8 points

12. 1 FC Jena - 3 points

13. Gelb-Konigsblau Essen FC - 2 points

14. Sportlich Liepzig - 0 points

15. FC Bremen - 0 points

Congrats to crashcarson15, chrisCLEMENT, and BrendanFry. Sorry to nas1787, you were one point away from beating OSC Paris who had 47 points. On a tie breaker, you would've won too.

But I wanted to close this before I worked on the Italy post. Thank you again to everyone.

I've been telling people that this was the best group of concepts in the competition. Sucks the pretzel didn't advance, but I was like 3 points off. Plus, everyone who advanced earned it.

Also,speaking of Mojo modding his team into the game, I've thought about opening the idea to mod these teams onto Football Manager. Who knows, could be cool.

Archived