Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XLVIII: February 2, 2014 - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Seattle Seahawks - 43         Denver Broncos - 8

uv28I5F.png

Super Bowl XLVIII field without team boxes

Spoiler

VLZWq1h.png

I have plenty of theory's why this field was so bad. First off, I was hoping they would change the NFL logo at midfield to the full sized logo, but something inside me told me they wouldn't, and of course they didn't because they were lazy, which is a recurring theme for this field. The people who were going to paint the field realized that Seattle basically had a Super Bowl type endzone at CenturyLink Field, and just said, hey we'll use what they have, because they were lazy. They either forgot to move the NFC logo to the other side of the endzone because they were lazy and didn't notice, or they just didn't care because they were lazy. They also didn't change the color of the NFC logo to match the color in the NFL logo at midfield like they did the AFC logo, because they were lazy. Once they realized how large the Seahawks wordmark was going to be, they decided to make the Broncos wordmark just as big. They also realized that the blue for each team was similar so they used the same color for both endzones, instead of using orange as the endzone color for the Broncos, which makes much more sense because their primary jersey color is Orange, and it seems more like the Broncos, but they didn't want to make an Orange enzone because they were lazy. Also, for the first time for the Broncos, they didn't outline the Broncos wordmark in any color. Regardless of how it would of looked they wouldn't have done it anyway because they were too lazy to do it. Finally we get to the Super Bowl logo. I think this was a result of starting too late while painting the field, because they were lazy and procrastinated.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/arsnelick/48_theory_zps9ea41cd3.png

This is a picture from Super Bowl XLVI. You can see that before any gradient is added to the logo, they have a template that outlines it with the base colors. For Super Bowl XLVIII they outlined the logo with the base colors and said, looks good enough and didn't add any gradient because they were too lazy. This field in general was just a joke. No one cared about anything, they just put the necessary logos on the field and said good enough. These days who cares about how the field looks, its just a stupid field, and that's not what makes us money, its the game. This game was played in New York for two big reasons, Money, and Rodger. With the most populous city in the US, a lot of people will go to the NFL experience $$$. But New York just seemed like too big a city for this game, and it just didn't seem like the Super Bowl was a big deal, and they way this game was hosted should hopefully mean the Super Bowl never returns to New York, it was embarrassing. And second you have Rodger, who just wanted a game in New York because he works there and because the NFL is headquartered in New York, which means lower transportation costs. Always thinking about that bottom line. The good thing is that this game was so bad that only Seahawks fans would ever want to see anything from this game again, and I'm sure this joke of a field won't bother them as much when they are watching their team demolish the Broncos. Well that's about all I could think of for now, but I'm sure there is more I could say about this field, but it's just too depressing.

< Super Bowl XLVII    First Post    Super Bowl XLIX >

• Like 2

Could you make an alternate field with the Broncos orange and the Seahawks green

Sure, and I already have made this alternate field for what I think the Field should have looked like (given the current logo's and wordmarks). But I should get the other alternate done soon. Do you want the wordmarks to remain as they were on the actual field?

48-Alt_zps4e3c7035.png?t=1412381342

• Like 1

Super Bowl XLVIII: February 2, 2014 - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Seattle Seahawks - 43 Denver Broncos - 8

48_zps24a67610.png

I have plenty of theory's why this field was so bad. First off, I was hoping they would change the NFL logo at midfield to the full sized logo, but something inside me told me they wouldn't, and of course they didn't because they were lazy, which is a recurring theme for this field. The people who were going to paint the field realized that Seattle basically had a Super Bowl type endzone at CenturyLink Field, and just said, hey we'll use what they have, because they were lazy. They either forgot to move the NFC logo to the other side of the endzone because they were lazy and didn't notice, or they just didn't care because they were lazy. They also didn't change the color of the NFC logo to match the color in the NFL logo at midfield like they did the AFC logo, because they were lazy. Once they realized how large the Seahawks wordmark was going to be, they decided to make the Broncos wordmark just as big. They also realized that the blue for each team was similar so they used the same color for both endzones, instead of using orange as the endzone color for the Broncos, which makes much more sense because their primary jersey color is Orange, and it seems more like the Broncos, but they didn't want to make an Orange enzone because they were lazy. Also, for the first time for the Broncos, they didn't outline the Broncos wordmark in any color. Regardless of how it would of looked they wouldn't have done it anyway because they were too lazy to do it. Finally we get to the Super Bowl logo. I think this was a result of starting too late while painting the field, because they were lazy and procrastinated.

< Super Bowl XLVII First Post Website Super Bowl XLIX >

Yeah, the Seahawks endzone was awkward, but I can see maybe what they were going with having the team logos facing each other in the endzones?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Yeah, the Seahawks endzone was awkward, but I can see maybe what they were going with having the team logos facing each other in the endzones?

I honestly think for the Seahawks endzone they got the exact templates from Seattle and did exactly the same endzone except replaced the NFL logo with the NFC logo. But I guess we will see if they were going for something like that with next years Super Bowl if they repeat it.

Here is my concept thread from Super Bowl XLVIII. I agree with you 110%. This field was a disappointment.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96732-super-bowl-xlviii-field-concepts/

11963487074_59c9eee9ec.jpg

This was the exact field I was expecting for the game, except as I said before I had a feeling they wouldn't change the NFL logo at midfield.

Oh my God, you hit the nail right on the head with this field. This field lives right up to the NFL's moniker as the No Fun League. You forgot to mention how they didn't even paint the sideline boxes for this game as well; once again, it was probably due to laziness. I especially hated how big the Broncos wordmark was, because it made their logo be very small, like it was just kind of squeezed in there. I wish they would have done it like Super Bowl XXXII and XXXIII where they stretched the wordmark and had white lettering with an orange outline. This field is just pitiful. Also, I appreciate the love for my Super Bowl XLIX logo; I was actually going to recommend you use it for when you do XLIX, but you sort of beat me to the punch; I'm glad you like it. I already posted my logo for L as well which has gotten some mixed reviews, but I like it, and I am already working on LI as well.

Oh my God, you hit the nail right on the head with this field. This field lives right up to the NFL's moniker as the No Fun League. You forgot to mention how they didn't even paint the sideline boxes for this game as well; once again, it was probably due to laziness. I especially hated how big the Broncos wordmark was, because it made their logo be very small, like it was just kind of squeezed in there. I wish they would have done it like Super Bowl XXXII and XXXIII where they stretched the wordmark and had white lettering with an orange outline. This field is just pitiful. Also, I appreciate the love for my Super Bowl XLIX logo; I was actually going to recommend you use it for when you do XLIX, but you sort of beat me to the punch; I'm glad you like it. I already posted my logo for L as well which has gotten some mixed reviews, but I like it, and I am already working on LI as well.

I knew I forgot something wrong with this field, but I think someone had mentioned the team boxes were not painted for this game a while back and I just forgot about it. Your logo for Super Bowl XLIX is awesome, and I think that can be confirmed by Google images since it is the first result that shows when you search Super Bowl XLIX logo. I've seen your Super Bowl L logo before I'm sure and just from trying to come up with one myself it is definitely a challenge because it is just a single numeral.

Here were my two ideas so far, one is closer to something we've seen in recent years, and the other goes back to the early days where the logo was more of a wordmark I guess, like Super Bowl II or VII and along those lines. These are still works in progress.

50-alt3_zpse13ae4f2.png

50-alt4_zpse7ddf7b8.png

And here are some other alternate fields for the game

48-Alt2_zps144b931b.png

48-Alt3_zps3b9e3789.png?t=1412457010

I think the gray works better for the Seahawks, and it's closer to something we would have seen back when they were in the AFC with their old logo.

First of all you are right, when you wait 38 seasons for your team to win the Super Bowl, the field is a minor issue. To be honest, given the location and weather conditions I was concerned that they would not put much effort into the field and it appears they didn't

I hope NY/NJ does host another SB, and I hope Philadelphia and Washington are considered as well. A minor hole in pitt6pack's theory as to why NY/NJ got to host was exposed this week when Goodell moved next year's draft to Chicago.

I agree that the Super Bowl 48 field was the worst. In years past you got to see the field first on media day, but because media day was held indoors (I think it was Madison Square Garden), we didn't get to see the field until the morning of the game (and it looked like something they did overnight). From reversing the Seahawks logo and NFC symbol in the end zone, and not painting the sidelines this is a field I disliked immediately. And it was also the worst Super Bowl ever played, can you name one that was worse? I couldn't believe that a Peyton Manning led team would play so bad (and seem to give up right after the first snap of the game). When I watch the Super Bowl all I really want to see is a good game, because these games are always put in a time capsule.

You did a great job on all these fields! It was fun reliving Super Bowl history!! Awesome job!!!

Yes Super Bowl 27 was bad, but the Bills did hang with the Cowboys (they were up 7-0 after a blocked punt) until the end of the first half.

The Broncos were never in the game this past Super Bowl. Whatever could go wrong did go wrong. I guess you could make the case that Super Bowl 24 was just as bad, but San Francisco was way better then Denver that season. Peyton Manning was having arguably the best season ever by a QB and the Broncos were favored to beat Seattle. Talk about ending the season with a thud!

Other bad Super Bowls were Super Bowl 20 (Bears-Patriots) and 29 (49ers-Chargers) but those were mismatches. Both Seattle and Denver were the #1 seeds in both conferences going into Super Bowl 48.

Uggggggghhh, Seahawks/Broncos, horrible field, horrible game. I'm glad Seattle won though. And the azzkicking made it even better.

The craptastic field reminded me of a home Giants game. Both endzones were blue, a small NFL shield at midfield, not much color, no helmets anywhere, just a horrible field that was like pitt posted.............laziness in full display.

Yes, the weather may have had something to do with it, but this is the billion dollar NFL, not the fricking CFL! You want a game in the cold, outside, in NY, on fieldturf, then prepare accordingly!! Effing azzholes.

And of course Denver's endzone should have been Orange!!! WTF??!! Who actually makes the decisions on what colors get in there, what wordmarks get in there, what outlines??

The above posted Orange endzone and Gray endzone would have been awesome.

Super Bowl XLIX field expectations.

I chose the Bengals because I wanted to think about what their endzone will look like if they made a Super Bowl, and the Redskins because I made an endzone for them a while back in this thread and I wanted to see it in action.

49_zpse8d0a2c9.png

The wordmarks are both similar to last years with no outlining. The Redskins endzone is burgundy because it makes the most sense with their logo. The Bengals endzone is black because it has always been for Super Bowl's (XVI, XXIII). I expect there to be nothing fancy about the field, just the large NFL logo at midfield and the Super Bowl logo at the 25's. For the Super Bowl logos I think they will do the full gradient, sense the last two times the Super Bowl was hosted in the Phoenix area they did a nice job with the fields and logos.

And just an interesting note, this will be the first time sense they went to templated Super Bowl logos that the game will be played on grass so we will see if that makes a difference in the painting of the Super Bowl logo.

First Post

Looks good!

But the Redskins have always had a yellow endzone, due to the 'REDSKINS' word mark being in burgundy and the outlining in yellow. I'm sure you know that, LOL.

But I like the burgundy, I like change, i.e., a Steelers endzone being black, a Packers one being yellow.

what would the Cleveland browns endzone look like?

I haven't been able to find the new Browns wordmark anywhere as of yet, but it seems to be a basic font almost so I can try and match it up. I would assume it would be similar to what they have on their field currently, a brown endzone, and the helmet at midfield as their logo.