Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

media.nola.com/superbowl_impact/photo/12176834-standard.jpeg I don't know if this link will work I wasn't able to cut and paste it, but it a picture of Tulane stadium from super bowl 4 black and white shows the Vikings endzone can't make out the logo but there was no circle around the NFL shield and the Vikings logo was in a shield. like how Baltimore was design in sb 3

Thanks. On an older version I made I had something similar so I must have seen this picture before and I'm not sure why I changed what I had before.

Here's the update:

4_zps718ad616.png?t=1400033401

Judging by the amount of white in the top half of the NFL logo I want to say they used the NFL 50 logo. There seems to be a straight dark bit along the top and a strip down the center between what I'm assuming to be the 5 and 0.

Super Bowl V

5_zpsf9a8b03d.png

Ah yes. Super Bowl V; "The Blunder Bowl". Weird how Dallas has been apart of pretty much all the highest turnover Super Bowl games, and to this date Chuck Howley became the only MVP from the losing team. And Bob Lilly was known for chucking his helmet in rage like 20-30 yards down the field after O'Brien's GW-FG.

Also, that AFC logo is really boring. I know this was the first year the AFC existed as a conference, but...it's still boring.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I was working on some later Super Bowl Fields and I noticed the NFL logo for Super Bowl XIII was different than any NFL logo on this site, or that I've seen. Super Bowl's VI, and VIII also had the same logo.

13_Midfield_zps2a1a96fe.png

I was wondering if anyone had seen pictures or videos of for Super Bowl's VII, XI or XII that show the same logo at midfield (not including the white outline). I have Super Bowl's IX, X, XIII and XIV covered. This would be a big help, so thanks in advance.

Here is what this site has for the time so you can see the difference.

4710.gif

To me though what was used looks more like the older logo on this site, minus the bars and red in the football, but with slight differences.

4711.gif

I was working on some later Super Bowl Fields and I noticed the NFL logo for Super Bowl XIII was different than any NFL logo on this site, or that I've seen. Super Bowl's VI, and VIII also had the same logo.

13_Midfield_zps2a1a96fe.png

I was wondering if anyone had seen pictures or videos of for Super Bowl's VII, XI or XII that show the same logo at midfield (not including the white outline). I have Super Bowl's IX, X, XIII and XIV covered. This would be a big help, so thanks in advance.

Here is what this site has for the time so you can see the difference.

4710.gif

To me though what was used looks more like the older logo on this site, minus the bars and red in the football, but with slight differences.

4711.gif

Yep I saw that too. It was used till Superbowl XVI at the Pontiac Silverdome (Without the huge white border). It was more a cross of the more modern version and the previous one.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

it was the NFL 50 logo used in sb4 youtube has the SB4 post game report and at the 8 min mark you can see the nfl 50 logo in the end zone during a kc field goal kick "Super Bowl iv Trophy presentation and post game"

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

it was the NFL 50 logo used in sb4 youtube has the SB4 post game report and at the 8 min mark you can see the nfl 50 logo in the end zone during a kc field goal kick

Thanks for validating that. I wish I had watched this video sooner, it would have saved me some time.

These all look pretty good. I certainly appreciate all of the research you are doing in order to make these a accurate as possible. Keep up the good work.

The research is half the fun! I get to go back and watch some of the old games. Plus I have some kind of OCD because if I know I have something inaccurate on any of the fields it drives me crazy.

Nice job. Which Super Bowl was the first one to introduce the helmets into the endzone?

8, thats when they start getting really good.

Super Bowl VIII; that's Miami vs. Minnesota. Should be interesting to see all the SB fields with the helmet logos in the endzone. I think anywhere from XXX-XXXIII [30-33] was the last Super Bowl with the helmet logos in the endzone (I think Super Bowl XXX was the last).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

You are correct.sir! SB 31 in New Orleans started the helmets on the "30's" that lasted till SB 38 when the Individual SB logos took their place and the NFL shield returned to the 50 yard line. The respective Helmet/team logos and conference logos remained in the end zone, as they have since!

Edited by SFCOM1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

The word marks I used for the fields mostly came from this site, but they had a poor resolution, so I figured I'd post the cleaned up versions that I used.

DolphinsWM1_zps93889f5d.png?t=1400203859

Cowboys0_zps39e7de48.png

I figure once I get to Super Bowl VIII I'll start posting the helmets as well since I had to make a few changes from helmets I found online.

The word marks I used for the fields mostly came from this site, but they had a poor resolution, so I figured I'd post the cleaned up versions that I used.

DolphinsWM1_zps93889f5d.png?t=1400203859

Cowboys1_zpse4924505.png?t=1400203846

I figure once I get to Super Bowl VIII I'll start posting the helmets as well since I had to make a few changes from helmets I found online.

Super Bowl VI Field

6_zpsf7ed35e7.png

I have the Dallas Cowboys' 50th Anniversary book and they have a greyscale image of the field from Super Bowl VI. Granted, you can't really see 'Dolphins' clearly has it has people scattered in the endzone. The aerial image was taken I presume during the pre-game festivities, but I can make out the 'Dolphins' in places and it isn't as large as you have it. The scripts for 'Dolphins' and 'Cowboys' were roughly the same size.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png