Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Here's the alternate Super Bowl XLV field

45_alt.jpg

Wonderful! Though this XLV logo this is a somewhat-copycat design of XLIV, it's miles ahead of what the actual Super Bowl logo eventually was for this game. That logo would have looked magnificent as a patch on the Packers and Steelers.

And funny; I have the exact same logo for XLIX to use. It could have been perfect for it being adapted to the Phoenix desert scape, rather than using the continuation of the soulless, corporate Super Bowl logos Emperor Goodell has reigned over.

Super Bowl XLVI: February 5, 2012 - Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana

New York Giants - 21         New England Patriots - 17

YWgNkEl.png

Super Bowl XLVI field without team boxes:

Spoiler

KMx0SX2.png

This was the best the new Super Bowl logos were painted in the last four games. They also got lucky here because both teams were red and blue so they didn't have to worry about the paint at the 20 yard lines.

< Super Bowl XLV    First Post    Super Bowl XLVII >

Hey man. Awesome job on these fields and I know how you feel about Photobucket (I can't update my signature since that website corrupts my images).

Anyway, I've found over the last couple of years fan-made Super Bowl logos in response to the current, corporate logo system the NFL actually has. I have fan-made ones for Super Bowls 45, 48 and 49 (I had one of 46 but the flash drive containing it got corrupted and I never encountered a good 47 logo).

Could you please superimpose this logo I found for SB XLV in place of the actual logo, just to see what could have been? Thanks!

rsz_sb45.png

Sure. I've seen this logo before and I'm using it somewhere on my computer, not sure where though.

Speaking of other logos, one of the best alternate logos I've seen has come from logoroy on this site on this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97090-super-bowl-xlix-logo-concept/

czI2gfS.png

This would be a great actual logo for the game, and I was going to use it in one of my XLIX fields for what I would like to see for the game.

*sigh*

This is just way too creative, thoughtful, and even fun for Goodell.

54015978.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Yep, that Pitt/GB SB was a slight disaster in terms of the field, IMO.

Like someone else said, the logos, the endzone colors, the endzone scripts, all looked wet and washed out by the middle of the second quarter. Ugghhh. Lazy. Looked as if they were still dropping paint down on the field on game day.

Just as bad was the Seattle/Denver SB.

Yep, that Pitt/GB SB was a slight disaster in terms of the field, IMO.

Like someone else said, the logos, the endzone colors, the endzone scripts, all looked wet and washed out by the middle of the second quarter. Ugghhh. Lazy. Looked as if they were still dropping paint down on the field on game day.

Just as bad was the Seattle/Denver SB.

i believe some of the "washed out" look was because the turf was brand new as the stadium did not want to damage the parts of the field that had the Dallas Star and the cowboys endzone.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I don't know if we'll see another cold weather outdoor Super Bowl, although we will have that Super Bowl in a few years in the new upcoming Vikings stadium.

And I think the logos getting "washed out" was solely because the turf was brand-new as previously stated and they didn't want to damage it (for Super Bowl XLV and XLVIII).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Thanks guys.

I'm dumb, so I need to ask, what would be damaged if the field for the SB in Dallas was new? Were they using or not using the Cowboys field??

They were, but they had removed any vestiges of the Cowboys (Midfield star, endzone script and design) and probably put them away somewhere and then patched the field with the logos needed for the game with Steelers, Packers scripts, logos and colors (and the new redesigned conference logos) in the endzones and the NFL shield at midfield.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XLVII: February 3, 2013 - Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

Baltimore Ravens - 34         San Francisco 49ers - 31

8f300Mn.png

Super Bowl XLVII field without team boxes

Spoiler

WnwjKBP.png

Of the templated Super Bowl logo era, this is probably the best looking field, mostly because of the contrast between the Ravens and 49ers endzones.

< Super Bowl XLVI    First Post    Super Bowl XLVIII >

And then there was one.....left. thanks for all the work on these.

Its been fun, but at least there will always be more. I saved the worst for last though unfortunately.

Also wasn't the Superdome's name bought up by Mercedes-Benz at this time and the venue was called the Mercedes-Benz Superdome?

Yeah, I forgot about that, its just so weird since I've always known it as the Louisiana Superdome

Its been fun, but at least there will always be more. I saved the worst for last though unfortunately.

Yeah, we have the alternate reality Super Bowls featuring the Conference Championship losers! Right?

Yup, work is underway. I've got 7, 11, 12, 29, 43 - 48 done already. Plus I still have my predictions for XLIX and 50 in the works

I've been working on my predictions for the Super Bowl 50 field and I'm stuck on the number font at Levi's Stadium. Does anyone know what it is or something close? (This is the best picture I could find)

49ersnumberfont_zpsdbf78005.png

Also I've been working on an alternate logo for the game, here is a preview.

50prev_zpse5ac4236.png