pitt6pack

Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LII Early Concepts

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I have no inside knowledge, but my suspicion is that time is the determining factor. Sure, they could easily pre-fabricate the NFL and Super Bowl logos, but they only have 2 weeks advance notice to allow them to produce the endzones and sideline designs. That's probably too short of a turn around for the turf company to manufacture.

 

I would think even the Super Bowl logos would be a hard thing to do, because of the gradient. The NFL logo on the other hand would make a lot of sense to have as a cutout, with the logo sewn in. This year though was the first time I can really remember paint on turf wearing that badly. I remember Super Bowl XL, the first game on field-turf, the white in the logos got darker because of the rubber in the turf getting kicked up in the logo. Super Bowl XLV, the logos were just painted light. It must have been the paint they used this time around. There are many teams now and in the past who paint the logos on an artificial surface, like Seattle, New England, Atlanta, and there is never a problem.

 

Maybe too much water in the paint? We can test this theory by going to Goodell's house for some lemon-aid, and if it's watered down then we know he was behind this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2014 at 7:19 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl IV: January 11, 1970 - Tulane Stadium, New Orleans, LA

Minnesota Vikings - 7        Kansas City Chiefs - 23

 

SNo2Mww.png

 

This is my favorite Super Bowl field.

 

< Super Bowl III    First Post    Super Bowl V >

Just curious: Why is it your favorite?

 

It certainly is the most colorful field of the pre-dueling endzone helmets era, and maybe ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 1:46 PM, DZ said:

Just curious: Why is it your favorite?

 

It certainly is the most colorful field of the pre-dueling endzone helmets era, and maybe ever.

 

The color is one of the biggest reasons. First, the purple and gold contrasts the gold and red for each endzone. I also like the painting of the teamboxes into the sideline, since it is unique to this game, and adds more color. The logos are also interesting for this field. We have the NFL's 50th logo, and the always classy AFL logo. Also interesting that the Chiefs endzone didn't use the arrow head logo in the endzone, but it does create the situation where the logos on the helmets are different than the teams endzone logos. The dueling helmets at midfield look really nice with the trophy logo, and again, the colors contrast well. This was also the only Super Bowl filed that had dueling helmets and the trophy logo at midfield, which I think looks quite nice. The footballs marking the yard line for kickoff is much better than a simple x, or nothing at all. And lastly, this is my favorite field number font, and they painted the boarder of each number, and used a symmetrical pattern. A lot of effort went into this field.

 

For the Super Bowl shuffle contest last year I created a field for Super Bowl LIV in a modern version of this field (image below). Figured it would be fitting for the 50th anniversary of Super Bowl IV, the 100th anniversary of the NFL, and 60th Anniversary of the AFL. (Credit for the Super Bowl logo goes to @logoroy)

 

54-alt1024.png

 

Looking at this concept field a year later, I would probably change a few things, like the number font, and having a good looking 100th anniversary. But I still like the mix of classic and modern styles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kylo Ren said:

Can you do a Saints-Jags field for SB LII?

 

Sure thing! I'll get a couple of potential matchups done here at some point. I'm just not sure when I'll be with my laptop next (both teams may be eliminated by then haha).

 

It'll be refreshing this year that there are only 3 teams with a blue or dark blue endzone (because we get those all the time in the Super Bowl), the Bills, Rams, and of course the Patriots. Theres the potential for some really good endzone matchups. I think the Vikings purple would go well with almost any AFC team. Least best with the Patriots navy, and really well with the Chiefs red I think. Of course as a biased Steelers fan, I'd love to see a gold and purple endzone matchup. The Saints gold was unique in Super Bowl XLIV. I think the Falcons red, whatever color the Jags go with (I'd hope teal, but would expect black from the NFL), and Eagles green (matched up against a lighter AFC endzone) would be good to see. Even the darker endzones will look good if they are pared with a brighter color. The red and navy from last years Super Bowl was a much better look then the black and navy from Super Bowl 50.

 

I'll get the team endzones together, and from there it's just a copy and paste to start getting some field combos together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

 

Sure thing! I'll get a couple of potential matchups done here at some point. I'm just not sure when I'll be with my laptop next (both teams may be eliminated by then haha).

 

It'll be refreshing this year that there are only 3 teams with a blue or dark blue endzone (because we get those all the time in the Super Bowl), the Bills, Rams, and of course the Patriots. Theres the potential for some really good endzone matchups. I think the Vikings purple would go well with almost any AFC team. Least best with the Patriots navy, and really well with the Chiefs red I think. Of course as a biased Steelers fan, I'd love to see a gold and purple endzone matchup. The Saints gold was unique in Super Bowl XLIV. I think the Falcons red, whatever color the Jags go with (I'd hope teal, but would expect black from the NFL), and Eagles green (matched up against a lighter AFC endzone) would be good to see. Even the darker endzones will look good if they are pared with a brighter color. The red and navy from last years Super Bowl was a much better look then the black and navy from Super Bowl 50.

 

I'll get the team endzones together, and from there it's just a copy and paste to start getting some field combos together.

Hey! How dare you say the Saints will be eliminated?? Lol. Jk. I guarantee the Saints will beat the Panthers for the third time. The Panthers have only sacked Drew Brees 3 times in 2 games, and they average 3 sack sper game. And the Saints are the only team with 120+ rushing yards against the Panthers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping my home state Minnesota does us proud and not only has the Vikings in their first Super Bowl since '77 but gives us something better for the big game besides the crap they have had for end zone and field designs the last few years. Although, I know, in the end it's up to the NFL, Goodell, and lazy people they employ! Paint the field like you did before Super Bowl 40, the beginning of the end of creative SB fields. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Angelo18 said:

Really hoping my home state Minnesota does us proud and not only has the Vikings in their first Super Bowl since '77 but gives us something better for the big game besides the crap they have had for end zone and field designs the last few years. Although, I know, in the end it's up to the NFL, Goodell, and lazy people they employ! Paint the field like you did before Super Bowl 40, the beginning of the end of creative SB fields. 

 

At least Super Bowl's XL and XLI had some what of a creative endzone with the way they handled the conference logos. But yeah, really going downhill lately. At least paint around the numbers or the 20's and 50 yard lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Angelo18 said:

gives us something better for the big game besides the crap they have had for end zone and field designs the last few years. Although, I know, in the end it's up to the NFL, Goodell, and lazy people they employ! Paint the field like you did before Super Bowl 40, the beginning of the end of creative SB fields. 

 

Yep, agree 100%.  I can't believe how crappy the SB fields have become the past 4 or 5 years.

 

Loved loved loved the Saints endzone in gold against the Colts. I thought for sure it would be a black endzone.  So I guess I owe some kudos to someone from the NFL who made that wise decision, LOL.

Edited by RayFinkle
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Bowl Endzones for Playoff Teams

 

AFC

1. New England Patriots

Patriots.png

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers.png

3. Jacksonville Jaguars

Jaguars.png

4. Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefs.png

5. Tennessee Titans

Titans.png

6. Buffalo Bills

Bills.png

 

NFC

1. Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles.png

2. Minnesota Vikings

Vikings.png

3. Los Angeles Rams

Rams.png

4. New Orleans Saints

Saints.png

5. Carolina Panthers

Panthers.png

6. Atlanta Falcons

Falcons.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl Endzones for Playoff Teams

 

AFC

1. New England Patriots

Patriots.png

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers.png

3. Jacksonville Jaguars

Jaguars.png

4. Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefs.png

5. Tennessee Titans

Titans.png

6. Buffalo Bills

Bills.png

 

NFC

1. Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles.png

2. Minnesota Vikings

Vikings.png

3. Los Angeles Rams

Rams.png

4. New Orleans Saints

Saints.png

5. Carolina Panthers

Panthers.png

6. Atlanta Falcons

Falcons.png

We don’t need those Rams or Chiefs anymore. Lol. Nice work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Field Combos for a few of the remaining teams. I'll put together any endzone combo for what I have above for who ever requests. Right now it's just an easy copy and paste, but I figured I'm not going to post every single combo, just the combos people wish to see.

 

7mkoisf.png

 

cKal0CO.png

 

f9PHENp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Saints vs steelers

3L5ktEP.png

 

Some others as well...

IcljTfu.png

 

C8KSkiK.png

 

 

23 minutes ago, crosby87rules said:

I wonder if they will go with the standard numbers or use the Vikings number font that is already on the field?

 

In the past few years (Super Bowls XLVII, LI) the NFL has put in a completely new turf field, and since Minnesota has a sewn in field, I expect they would also just put in a completely new field, and add the watered down paint as they did for last years Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Seelers vs Vikings match up. Also it would be the first time in the NFL one of the teams involved would be playing in their home stadium.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

3L5ktEP.png

 

Some others as well...

IcljTfu.png

 

C8KSkiK.png

 

 

 

In the past few years (Super Bowls XLVII, LI) the NFL has put in a completely new turf field, and since Minnesota has a sewn in field, I expect they would also just put in a completely new field, and add the watered down paint as they did for last years Super Bowl.

I'm not so sure on the sewn in field. They use that stadium for baseball believe it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints/Steelers and Saints/Jags would look great.  

 

Ahhhh perfect, so we get another SB on a turf field where the paint will be washed out on the logos by middle of the 2nd quarter, and in the endzones by early 4th quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now