Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

18 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

One in a Super Bowl XXXI - XXXVII style, using @logoroy 's Super Bowl LI logo (with permission of course). You can find his concept here: 

51-4-_2-3.png

Now this I really like! Very Appropriate for a Super Bowl Field!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

1) Why did the NFL swtich end zone sides between SB 44 and SB 45? Up to SB44, during odd numbered Super Bowls the NFC was on the left and the AFC on the right and it was reversed on even numbered SBs. Since SB45, the AFC is on the left and NFC on the right during odd numbered Super Bowls.

2) That said, if the end zones were reversed on this field, would the Steelers helmet still face right or would it face left and show the logoless side of the helmet?

19 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

One in a Super Bowl XXXI - XXXVII style, using @logoroy 's Super Bowl LI logo (with permission of course). You can find his concept here: 

51-4-_2-3.png

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

20 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

51-4-_2-3.png

Should the blue and red outlined numbers be on opposite sides? (Blue leading to Falcons, Red to Steelers?)

1 hour ago, eick74 said:

1) Why did the NFL swtich end zone sides between SB 44 and SB 45? Up to SB44, during odd numbered Super Bowls the NFC was on the left and the AFC on the right and it was reversed on even numbered SBs. Since SB45, the AFC is on the left and NFC on the right during odd numbered Super Bowls.

2) That said, if the end zones were reversed on this field, would the Steelers helmet still face right or would it face left and show the logoless side of the helmet?

1) In Dallas, the home sideline and home endzone are opposite of most NFL stadiums, due to the Dallas players tunnel that comes out on the far sideline (when watching from TV). So technically, the Packers, which were the home team, had their endzone in the home endzone, although it was on the opposite side of what it would have been if they still alternated endzones. The following season I think the NFL just looked at the previous field and just alternated endzones without much thought, and have done so ever since.

2) My guess is that it would face left, and not show the logo. But I don't know what to expect from the NFL these days.

23 minutes ago, mee said:

Should the blue and red outlined numbers be on opposite sides? (Blue leading to Falcons, Red to Steelers?)

The numbers on the Steelers side are outlined in black, and the arrows with thin black with gold in the middle. Same as they did for Super Bowl XXX. Screen size makes a difference I guess. At home I work with my laptop connected to a 32" TV as a monitor, but at the moment I'm just on my 15" laptop, and it is a bit harder to see the smaller details.

And I'll make a guess for this Super Bowl's "surprise" on the field this season, if there had to be one. The endzones will be as you see in the teams stadiums. Meaning:

Steelers right playoffs endzone

Patriots normal endzone

Falcons normal endzone

Packers right endzone

Probably not going to happen, but if there was going to be some kind of dramatic change in field design, this would be my guess.

Still not a big fan of the helmets in the field of play, but it does look nice in this instance.

On a semi-related note, Pitt6Pack, I wonder if Chris Creamer would allow you to post the fields in their respective teams' section on the main website. It would be cool to scroll down and see the playing fields, much like the NBA teams.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

Still not a big fan of the helmets in the field of play, but it does look nice in this instance.

On a semi-related note, Pitt6Pack, I wonder if Chris Creamer would allow you to post the fields in their respective teams' section on the main website. It would be cool to scroll down and see the playing fields, much like the NBA teams.

It's something I at least hoped would happen with the Super Bowl fields in this thread. But, all the fields I have made are in a much easier to view place on the Gridiron Fields Database. So who knows, maybe someday. The fields would at least be easy to find and link to. My only worry though is that because I change details on fields quite often, that they wouldn't be updated on this site quickly. At least with the Gridiron Fields Database, I wrote the webpages and update them myself as soon as I make a change. As far as the larger portion of the site, the Gridiron Uniforms Database uniforms are not all on this site either. It would be a good collaboration in my opinion.

On 1/20/2017 at 3:42 PM, pitt6pack said:

And I'll make a guess for this Super Bowl's "surprise" on the field this season, if there had to be one. The endzones will be as you see in the teams stadiums. Meaning:

That would be pretty cool not gonna lie..

Well, the power is out so I can't post any fields. But really I'm not sure what to expect endzone wise. If they do the same design as last year, than we might expect the patriots wordmark with the logo, and then the logo again in the left of the endzone. Wouldn't be surprising with the nfls recent super bowl field track record. On the other hand, if conference logos come back, then we would probably see the same patriots endzone from super bowl XLIX. Either way, go Falcons. 

It was mentioned earlier that the NFL may go with how the team's have their endzones in their home stadiums, which actually has been a trend the last few Super Bowls.

Super Bowl XLVIII: The Seahawks logo was at the end of their wordmark, not at the front like Denver's logo was.  In Seattle, that's exactly how the Seahawks endz one is designed.

Super Bowl XLIX: Seahawks have same endzone as previous year, which again, is the same as their home end zone.  The Patriots was the same, too, except for the addition of the AFC logo following the word mark.

Super Bowl 50: The Broncos endzone was exactly the same as it is in Denver (without the Navy colored in, of course). I'm assuming the Panthers was then modified to resemble what Denver had.

My guess, based on their trend, is the full "Atlanta Falcons" will be in the endzone, just like the Georgia Dome.  And the Patriots will be exact to Super Bowl XLIX. 

7 hours ago, DJB said:

It was mentioned earlier that the NFL may go with how the team's have their endzones in their home stadiums, which actually has been a trend the last few Super Bowls.

Super Bowl XLVIII: The Seahawks logo was at the end of their wordmark, not at the front like Denver's logo was.  In Seattle, that's exactly how the Seahawks endz one is designed.

Super Bowl XLIX: Seahawks have same endzone as previous year, which again, is the same as their home end zone.  The Patriots was the same, too, except for the addition of the AFC logo following the word mark.

Super Bowl 50: The Broncos endzone was exactly the same as it is in Denver (without the Navy colored in, of course). I'm assuming the Panthers was then modified to resemble what Denver had.

My guess, based on their trend, is the full "Atlanta Falcons" will be in the endzone, just like the Georgia Dome.  And the Patriots will be exact to Super Bowl XLIX. 

That's a good point. I'm not sure if I had thought about that with last seasons field, but it makes since. In that case I'd agree that the patriots endzone will resemble what they had in Super Bowl XLIX, including the conference logo. The Falcons endzone then will have the Falcon in the left of the endzone, with the full "Atlanta Falcons" wordmark. Since the NFL logo is at midfield, they might replace the NFL logo from the Falcons endzone with the NFC logo, hence the AFC logo in the endzone for the Patriots. As for the Color of the Falcons endzone, because "Falcons" on their field is in red, it is possible that they will keep that, and have a black endzone, with "Atlanta" in white, and "Falcons" in red, with no outline around the wordmark, keeping with recent trends. I think the Falcons endzone would look pretty good then. The Patriots of corse will have the big blank space again, which we know, does not look all that great. Teamboxes I expect will be a centered logo in the color of the endzone. I'll try to get a full version of this field by tonight.

For reference

ATL_2016%5Econf.png

Super Bowl LI Field Prediction

51-f1.png

This is what I am predicting to see Super Bowl Sunday. The navy for the Patriots endzone will be the same as in Indianapolis, and like I mentioned before, I think black for the Falcons because their home stadium "Falcons" wordmark is red, so they will keep that the same color.

• Like 2

Wow, I'm surprised they already started painting the field. I'm disappointed though that there won't be conference logos again. I guess we shall wait and see the shades of blue, the detail in the Super Bowl logo, and the Falcons endzone color. I'm guessing no "Atlanta" in the endzone if this is what they are going with.

***EDIT*** - Updated field

51.png

Edited by pitt6pack

They usually paint the endzone logos and wordmarks first before painting the endzone the team color. What I find surprising is that the Falcons wordmark is white. In that case I think they will go with a red endzone.

***EDIT***

Image result for super bowl lii logo

Last years field they painted the Broncos logo and wordmark first

Edited by pitt6pack

22 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

They usually paint the endzone logos and wordmarks first before painting the endzone the team color. What I find surprising is that the Falcons wordmark is white. In that case I think they will go with a red endzone.

I find the white woodmark for the Falcons surprising as well. This has me worried about no paint in the end zones. White woodmark with red paint would be a surprise. Not sure about that, unless you outline the woodmark in black. But both end zones in red (a la Super Bowl 31 and 33 for Pats and Falcons, respectively) would be interesting!