Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

love the fields. I guess because I grew up in the 90s, I dont really have appreciation for the opposing helmets as much as many here, but I get the nostalgia. I guess I feel that the conference logo on a helmet is unrealistic and kind of goofy, so I am a fan of this templet, but with SB 42-47 endzones. Also, I think blue and silver is a good look for the pat's 20. It's what they did in SB 36. Its unique and distinguishes it from the decoration on the 50. 

• Like 2

I'm curious as to how the Eagles would look with a gray background, the Seahawks with a neon green background, and the Chargers with a powder blue background.

These are great, it's an idea I've been kicking around in my head for a while now, thanks for sharing this!

QPR%20Sig.png

12 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Really quick. I don't know if this is allowed I actually took the field with the stadium "outline" for lack of a better term (no seriously I don't know what term you use Pitt) swapped out all the Field stuff for dirt and layed out supercross tracks. I don't know if that's legal but yeah

I'm not sure what you mean. Like, used the full field image, that has the stadium outline (I think thats the best way to put it)? I'm okay with you doing that. If you want a higher resolution Vikings stadium and field, send me a message with your email and I can do that if you want.

2 hours ago, nola field lover said:

love the fields. I guess because I grew up in the 90s, I dont really have appreciation for the opposing helmets as much as many here, but I get the nostalgia. I guess I feel that the conference logo on a helmet is unrealistic and kind of goofy, so I am a fan of this templet, but with SB 42-47 endzones. Also, I think blue and silver is a good look for the pat's 20. It's what they did in SB 36. Its unique and distinguishes it from the decoration on the 50. 

I grew up with Super Bowl XXXVI being the first I'd ever watched (I was 7 so I don't really remember all that much), and Super Bowl XL being the first that I really cared about (because the Steelers), so XL and later are really my era of Super Bowl fields. The fields from Super Bowl XL to XLIV I am a big fan of, and that gives me the most nostalgia, because that's what I grew up with. I can remember watching the beginning of Super Bowl XXXVII, and the big Super Bowl logo at midfield during one of the opening drives when it was still light out. Lot's of color, like a Super Bowl should have. The new conference logos were certainly a step down for Super Bowl XLV, and the fields have mostly been a disappointment since then. But there have been some decent fields in this era though.

First off, games on grass always look so much better and more colorful. The Super Bowl logo and the endzone designs in Super Bowl XLIX didn't look good, but the color was so much more vibrant than  what we had seen the previous 4 Super Bowls when the game was on an artificial surface. Super Bowl 50 was actually a good looking field, and again, I think the game being played on grass really helped give more color to the endzones and the field logos. Lots of color on that field, and I think not having the conference logos made the Broncos endzone look much better than if they had the conference logo (comparing to Super Bowl XLVIII). Even last years game had a good looking field, before the game actually started. If the game had been played on grass, I think it would have looked even better, and the color would not have washed out as the game went on. 

This years field I feel could look nice if the game was played on grass, and they did a better job executing the Eagles endzone. The current Super Bowl logos lack the individuality of the old ones, but let's face it, we're going to have some form of a templated Super Bowl logo from now until the end of time. The logos have certainly improved since Super Bowl 50, once they started adding color and moving the numerals above "SUPER BOWL". If they use more colors than just blue and red for the logos, that would help also (LIII is a blue logo again). Good thing is, after 7 of 9 years of Super Bowl's on turf, we get LIV (also the NFL's 100th season, so expect something unique for that game) on grass in Miami, LV on grass in Tampa, LVI may be on grass, but I think the field in LA will be artificial, and LVII, which I'd assume the NFL will give to Las Vegas, will be on grass. So the fields from this era of the Super Bowl may improve, as long as they can execute the endzones correctly (the Eagles endzone was botched this year).  

2 hours ago, Moser316 said:

I'm curious as to how the Eagles would look with a gray background, the Seahawks with a neon green background, and the Chargers with a powder blue background.

These are great, it's an idea I've been kicking around in my head for a while now, thanks for sharing this!

I can try those out maybe late Sunday, or Monday. I won't have access to my laptop till then. Or, if someone else is willing to give it a try, I'd like to see that too.

57 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

First off, games on grass always look so much better and more colorful. The Super Bowl logo and the endzone designs in Super Bowl XLIX didn't look good, but the color was so much more vibrant than  what we had seen the previous 4 Super Bowls when the game was on an artificial surface. Super Bowl 50 was actually a good looking field, and again, I think the game being played on grass really helped give more color to the endzones and the field logos.

And it was played in California and the first half was played in the daylight. Sign me up any time they want to have an outdoors west coast Super Bowl on grass! 

• Like 1

iq5b7nF.png

I always thought the Jets end zone in Super Bowl XVII if they had made it would be white background.  Same with the Rams currently in this format.  White background, blue helmet and word mark.  I don't think there was ever a declaration that white would not be allowed in the end zone as background color and given that it was always the opposite team color from the helmet, the Jets being just green and white would have been white in the end zone.

1 hour ago, genius said:

I always thought the Jets end zone in Super Bowl XVII if they had made it would be white background.  Same with the Rams currently in this format.  White background, blue helmet and word mark.  I don't think there was ever a declaration that white would not be allowed in the end zone as background color and given that it was always the opposite team color from the helmet, the Jets being just green and white would have been white in the end zone.

They couldn’t make a white endzone, unless they changed the color of the out-of-bounds line. Or else you would never know if (for example) a player got two feet in bounds on a fade. Or, any pass, for that matter.

It's always a struggle for me to watch the Rose Bowl. The end zone and the border are the same colors. They've started with a little green grass between the end zone color and the six inch out of bounds line, but it blends together.

roseBowl_2.jpg

iq5b7nF.png

2 hours ago, justin eddowes said:

Is there any more pictures of the Eagles end zone but this one. everyday I searched for it, but all I can find is shots of the patriots end zone or this one. If anyone has any other pic of the eagles end zone can you send it to me?

I've been looking for updated pics for the field too. Possibly we will get them media day. I have yet to see the sidelines, so I'm not even sure how, or if they have been painted.

I do recall someone posting a quick video of the entire field, but now I can't find it. It may have been posted in this thread actually, but I couldn't find it looking back through posts.

OK Looks like Team Boxes painted like last year. Eagles lower sideline Patriots upper sideline both matching endzone colors. SB logo on the 25's. Gradient looks washed out on the main logo, hard to tell from that distance. Kind of a generic "meh" to me.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

9 hours ago, red8721 said:

i miss this design so much. How do we make our voices heard!!!!?

Millions of dollars in corporate sponsorship

11 hours ago, smith03 said:

the image for the SB 52 will need to be updated to show NE's box on top and Phil on the bottom

Hopefully I can get to it Wednesday (I have class tonight after work). I can start adding texture to the field as well. Not sure what color the Patriots team box is going to be. It could be Navy, their endzone color, like the Eagles, or it could be their helmet color like last year (the Eagles team box is also their helmet color), so who knows. I'd like to see it first before I start a textured field.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Millions of dollars in corporate sponsorship

Hopefully I can get to it Wednesday (I have class tonight after work). I can start adding texture to the field as well. Not sure what color the Patriots team box is going to be. It could be Navy, their endzone color, like the Eagles, or it could be their helmet color like last year (the Eagles team box is also their helmet color), so who knows. I'd like to see it first before I start a textured field.

Sadly, I think that might be the only way.

maybe a petition to at least make them aware of what the fans want.

they may not even know?

2 minutes ago, nola field lover said:

This field might be worst of all time. Toss up between this one and 48. Both are total trash, but somehow this one is even worse. Unreal how they continually choose to decrease the quality of their product and branding.

I gotta say, XLVIII is much worse,

48.png

First off, they didn't paint the team boxes. They never changed the NFL logo, just kept it small. The endzones are very cramped, and the put the NFC logo on the wrong side. I think the recent endzone format qould look better for these two teams. Hate to see the conference logos go, but it just doesn't work as well for these teams. Speaking of conference logos, the NFL logo is the same color as the Seahawks endzone, and not the blue in the NFL logo. Lastly, the Super Bowl logo was awful, and much worse than this years, which isn't so bottom heavy, and has color. 

This year, they could have done a better job with the Eagles endzone, as stated before. It isn't too hard to make the wordmark bigger, as the Eagles did on their home field from '03 to '16, and space the logo and wordmark out evenly. And it also looks liek they painted the Eagles wordmark incorrectly, the same way they did for Super Bowl XXXIX. There aren't any green lines in the black shadow below the letters. How do you miss that?!