Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Super Bowl III

3_zpsad05afd5.png

The shade of blue for the Baltimore endzone seems to be a lighter shade of blue in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxIRkiThak

Great video. Changed the red and jets green a bit to.

3_zps08055baa.png

Super Bowl IV

I was able to find a good video for this one, but I was never able to find any pictures or videos showing the Vikings endzone except for their wordmark. So at this point I think I've got everything correct, but I'm unsure about the Vikings logo and the NFL logo in the Vikings endzone.

4_zps6e7b3f0c.png?t=1400818131

• Like 1

Awesome topic. If you need anything when it comes for dimensions from around SB 15 and on (Just field dimensions, the graphics I have been using the NFL database here on the sportslogos site). I have the NFL diagrams for those years and current. (started my own diagrams, but was having problems with the shading of the field colors). As well as several pro fields (it helps when your a football referee, but in the HS and JC leagues, No where near D1 or Pro level though!)

Edited by SFCOM1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Super Bowl IV

I was able to find a good video for this one, but I was never able to find any pictures or videos showing the Vikings endzone except for their wordmark. So at this point I think I've got everything correct, but I'm unsure about the Vikings logo and the NFL logo in the Vikings endzone.

4_zpse508e137.png

Yea, Its always hard, as the field was a disaster with all the mud during the game. Most NFL films I have seen have just shown huge amounts of mud!

You're using the 2006 Vikings helmet logo.

Should be like this:

5223_minnesota_vikings-helmet-1961.gif

Good observation. I've been thinking I've had the wrong helmet logo. I'll get an update posted within the next couple of days, it's finals week so I'm not sure when I've got the time.

Loving this thread, but was KC's earhole the inverse of Minnesota's for real like that? I think the earholes should have just been empty, IMO

I have some pictures that seem like they are in inversed and I'll post them when I get a chance for a second opinion.

Awesome topic. If you need anything when it comes for dimensions from around SB 15 and on (Just field dimensions, the graphics I have been using the NFL database here on the sportslogos site). I have the NFL diagrams for those years and current. (started my own diagrams, but was having problems with the shading of the field colors). As well as several pro fields (it helps when your a football referee, but in the HS and JC leagues, No where near D1 or Pro level though!)

In terms of dimensions all of the fields are to scale at 1px equal to .5 inches in full resolution. One thing I could really use your help on is the distance from the sideline to the bottom of the numbers. That is the only part of of the fields from Super Bowl 7 on that I have not been able to find or figure out, and I know I have it wrong. So if you know the answer that would be a huge help.

No problem.

As per the 2013 and earlier editions of the NFL rule book. Rule one, section one, diagram 1 (Plan of the Playing Field) The distance from the sideline to the bottom of the numbers is 12 yards or 36 ft. If you like I have the full rule book in Adobe Acrobat and the Diagrams in a .PDF. Would you like me to send you that file! ;-)

No problem.

As per the 2013 and earlier editions of the NFL rule book. Rule one, section one, diagram 1 (Plan of the Playing Field) The distance from the sideline to the bottom of the numbers is 12 yards or 36 ft. If you like I have the full rule book in Adobe Acrobat and the Diagrams in a .PDF. Would you like me to send you that file! ;-)

Yes, that would be awesome! I'll give you my email address through a private message.

Good, i look forward to that. I have a couple of "side" notes. The NFL adopted the "space" between the sideline and the yard lines in and around SB 20 (NE vs Chicago in 1980) if i remember correctly. Before then the yardlines extended all the way to the sidelines. Ill see if I can dig up some more notes as i go through my files.

Here are some screen shots I took for both of the helmets at midfield. Looks to me like Kansas City has the earholes and screws inversed.

Here is a link to the video as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IBAgfvrmrM

4_Vikings-helmet_zps10b6f716.png?t=13998

4_Chiefs-helmet_zps1c989593.png?t=139986

And I'll try to make the updates to the Vikings helmet logo as soon as I can.

media.nola.com/superbowl_impact/photo/12176834-standard.jpeg I don't know if this link will work I wasn't able to cut and paste it, but it a picture of Tulane stadium from super bowl 4 black and white shows the Vikings endzone can't make out the logo but there was no circle around the NFL shield and the Vikings logo was in a shield. like how Baltimore was design in sb 3

Just say NO to gray facemasks.