Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/16/vikings-would-play-super-bowl-as-visitor-in-their-home-stadium/

The plan since the beginning has had the AFC practicing at the Vikings’ Winter Park facility, with the NFC team at the University of Minnesota with the exception of a scenario in which the Vikings were in the game. In that scenario, the Vikings would remain in their home facility with the AFC team practicing at the University of Minnesota. All 12 playoff teams were given the plan in their NFL Playoffs Guide before the start of the postseason.

The NFC team always was designated to use the Vikings’ locker room and the Vikings’ sideline. The Vikings, though, will see some differences in their stadium, if they get there.

The AFC team, as the designated home team, will get the benefit of selecting its jersey color and has first choice of media availability session times during the week. The NFC team, as the visitor, will call the coin toss.

The NFL just sucks ass anymore in the way they make logos and designs their Super Bowl Fields . No wonder they keep losing ratings. Thank You Roger Goodell for the most pathetic super bowl field and endzones since Super Bowl 45. MLB and the NHL actually tries to be create and artistic with the Logos for their biggest events and Games. 

7 hours ago, scraw28 said:

Could you do a concept of this years super bowl with the helmets in the endzones, and the concept super bowl 52 logo , the eagles end zone with a green background.

The Eagles have green helmets, so green on green really won't work (in the duel helmet endzone era, the NFL always avoided the same endzone and helmet color, and even endzone and facemask color in some instances) I can do green on green, but I'll do a different version as well. I won't be able to do this until tomorrow evening, since I won't have access to my laptop with the fields on it until then.

• Like 1

These fields are seriously such trash. Maybe on this board we can organize ourselves and become activists for this? Personally I love: 

1. The endzones from SB's 42-47. The team logo, team name, and conference logs with a predictable format and template. (38-42 were good too, but I prefer just the team logo in the endzone as opposed to the helmets like 38-39, and I didnt care for the designs around the conference logos in 40-41). 

2. The NFL logo/SB logo format from 38-44. (When they had the unique logos).

3. The detailing and outlining of numbers and 20s/50s from SB's 33/35 and others im sure. (Saints Fan please dont pile on about this.)

What I like about this template is the endzones are strictly for the team, the mid field is independent of team. Detailing of yardlines and numbers could be team specific or NFL/SB logo colors. Maybe we can see a field that follows this template, but with the fictitious alternate SB 52 logo posted above.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

The Eagles have green helmets, so green on green really won't work (in the duel helmet endzone era, the NFL always avoided the same endzone and helmet color, and even endzone and facemask color in some instances) I can do green on green, but I'll do a different version as well. I won't be able to do this until tomorrow evening, since I won't have access to my laptop with the fields on it until then.

I was thinking about this last night Pitt. Most wouldn't look too awkward with some teams recently changing to white helmets. But some of the team name scripts that wouldn't work well with the alternate end zone color. There are some exceptions....including this years.

Probable End Zone Color/Helmet

*May not look right? 

Bills - Blue/White                 Cowboys - Blue/Silver

Dolphins - Aqua/White         *Eagles - Black/Green

Jets - Green/White               *Giants - Red/Blue

Patriots - Blue/Silver             Redskins - Yellow/Burgundy

Bengals - Black/Orange        *Bears - Orange/Navy

Browns - Brown/Orange        Lions - Honolulu Blue/Silver

Ravens - Purple/Black           Packers - Green/Yellow

Steelers - Yellow/Black          *Vikings - Yellow/Purple

Colts - Blue/White                  Buccaneers - Red/Pewter

Jaguars - Teal/BlackGold      Falcons - Red/Black

*Texans - Red/Blue               Panthers - Black/Silver

Titans - Blue/White                Saints - Black/Gold

Broncos - Orange/Blue          Cardinals - Red/White

Chargers - Blue/White           49ers - Red/Gold

*Chiefs - Yellow/Red              *Rams - Gold/Blue

Raiders - Black/Silver             *Seahawks - Gray?Light Blue?Neon Green?/Blue

• Like 1

iq5b7nF.png

Just now, jc... said:

I was thinking about this last night Pitt. Most wouldn't look too awkward with some teams recently changing to white helmets. But some of the team name scripts that wouldn't work well with the alternate end zone color. There are some exceptions....including this years.

*May not look right? 

Panthers in electric blue background would be interesting also...I think Pitt did on a couple of years ago 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Thank you I appreciate your hard work 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

20 minutes ago, jc... said:

*May not look right? 

You got me really interested in doing some (or all) of these now ...

Maybe I'll start another thread, but I think I did have a thread way back in the day for signatures (like mine) where a did a number of teams from different eras.

I'll see if I can find that and update this post with the link.

The alternate Super Bowl thread also covers some of these.

*** EDIT ***

I found the thread, but the pictures are gone from the internet

BUT... 

I have all of them saved on my laptop anyways, so they still exist. I'll just do all 32 teams with modern logos and helmets anyways.

I did start with 4 already here:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-super-bowl-lii-early-concepts/?do=findComment&comment=2833967

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I could have sworn that the last Eagles SB they had the helmet in the endzone, even though it was green on green.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:32 AM, nola field lover said:

this is seriously pathetic. they just keep taking away more and more every year. one of us seriously needs to figure out a way to contact the nfl about this and show them how much people care about this!

I wrote to Ed Mangan before Super Bowl XLIV and requested that they bring back team colored outlined numbers and 20 / 50 stripes. Obviously did not happen. Our only hope is that one of us takes up grounds keeping as a profession and work our way up to work for the NFL. The dueling helmets with the conference logo also needs a comeback (with a modern twist). These recent Super Bowl fields are grossly pathetic. 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:46 PM, scraw28 said:

Could you do a concept of this years super bowl with the helmets in the endzones, and the concept super bowl 52 logo , the eagles end zone with a green background.

I did two. One with a green Eagles endzone, and one with a black endzone.

All the credit for the Super Bowl logo goes to @logoroy

5jyzj51.png

8nxRBIy.png

• Like 4

On 1/24/2018 at 1:11 PM, jc... said:

*May not look right? 

Well, it took me forever just to get the helmets down; haven't started the endzones, and won't have time till next week, but here are all the 80's Super Bowl style helmets for the modern logos, on the background color that the endzone would be.

jHR5ANr.png

• Like 2