Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

51 minutes ago, IndianapolisCubs2009 said:

Too much blue in this years playoffs. I won’t be surprised if we have an all-blue playoffs.

At least in the past the duel helmet endzones, helped force more color into the endzones. 

One more set of endzones for now. Duel helmet style used between Super Bowl's VIII and XXIX:

AFC

1. Chiefs

Chiefs.png

2. Patriots

Patriots.png

3. Texans

Texans.png

4. Ravens

Ravens.png

5. Chargers

Chargers.png

6. Colts

Colts.png

NFC

1. Saints

Saints.png

2. Rams

Rams_2.png

3. Bears

Bears.png

4. Cowboys

Cowboys.png

5. Seahawks

Seahawks.png

6. Eagles

Eagles.png

Certainly creates more color in the endzones, since the helmet and endzone colors where always made to be different in the past Super Bowls

• Like 4

19 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

At least in the past the duel helmet endzones, helped force more color into the endzones. 

One more set of endzones for now. Duel helmet style used between Super Bowl's VIII and XXIX:

AFC

1. Chiefs

Chiefs.png

2. Patriots

Patriots.png

3. Texans

Texans.png

4. Ravens

Ravens.png

5. Chargers

Chargers.png

6. Colts

Colts.png

NFC

1. Saints

Saints.png

2. Rams

Rams_2.png

3. Bears

Bears.png

4. Cowboys

Cowboys.png

5. Seahawks

Seahawks.png

6. Eagles

Eagles.png

Certainly creates more color in the endzones, since the helmet and endzone colors where always made to be different in the past Super Bowls

How about with the VSR-4 helmet? That is the one that the NFL Uses in all current things involving helmets.

da0Lbhs.png

18 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Hmm. Reality quick. As a suggestion for a test. I'd ask @oldschoolvikings and see if he'll let you use his helmet template and maybe try to do the deuling helmets that way. I'm not saying that these are bad by any stretch. I'm just curious to see if that experiment would work

Which template are you referring to? I'm not sure I'm familiar with it.

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

How about with the VSR-4 helmet? That is the one that the NFL Uses in all current things involving helmets.

Do you have a template in mind? Is it anything like what the Dolphins used in week 16 or what was used for some of the past Super Bowls, XXXVIII and XXXIX?

Edited by pitt6pack

On 1/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, pitt6pack said:

Which template are you referring to? I'm not sure I'm familiar with it.

Do you have a template in mind? Is it anything like what the Dolphins used in week 16 or what was used for some of the past Super Bowls, XXXVIII and XXXIX?

The template from the Super Bowls, Helmet, and conference logo without a helmet. But using the 3D perspective helmets. (Excuse the amount of images. Just wanted to show all of them): 

3110.gif

7169_los_angeles__chargers-helmet-2017.p3017_los_angeles_rams-helmet-2017.png317.png

a8zlwo4e91wi3srhc2f18l5w6.png

o1wgfvp4km9109vj1p4fkq212.png

569.png

2ufhm4emsi0ga30iwqjru46mm.png

mbtef36mxmdxosrpvl4hf3e8i.png

ki7ghgfrfy7ufmkza3fetxz64.png

910.png

58p6tm0b3zr4dsrhevp12uva4.png

3736_seattle_seahawks-helmet-2012.png

(And could the Rams use the word mark that was in their End Zone last year or the St. Louis one rather than the plain wordmark they use in the one above and currently?)

da0Lbhs.png

With only four teams remaining, time for some possible fields for Super Bowl LIII.

Saints vs Chiefs

I think this is clearly the best, since there will not be any navy blue endzones, for the first time since Super Bowl XLVII

4QtUdqe.png

Saints vs Patriots

Ayid7tw.png

Rams vs Chiefs

xf80577.png

Rams vs Patriots

This would clearly be the worst field possible. Two navy endzones (I'm sure the NFL would use the same Navy for each endzone, even though the official team colors are not the same). The Rams endzone being bar far the worst, despite them probably wearing their throwbacks (the best uniforms possible) as they will be the home team in this game.

XtC21Vm.png

Full sized with teamboxes

edhFcn8.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think the Chiefs have the best individual endzone option; the logo and wordmark fill it in more and the red and gold pop a whole lot more.

For sure, you nailed it. It's by far the most colorful endzone possibility, and the Chiefs logo and wordmark have a good width and height ratio that fill the endzone, unlike the Eagles last season. 

1 hour ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Per usual you absolutely nailed em. One quick thing. Maybe try the Rams endzones but with Yellow in the white wordmark and logo

Using the Rams logos used most often through this season:

Best case, this is what we'd see for the Rams, given they would most likely go with the throwback (but really primary) home uniforms as the home team.

fg4exny.png

And using the older gold logos that have been only used on the Rams secondary uniforms this season:

I'd say this endzone design for the Rams would most likely not happen, since their official logo no longer uses gold, just white and navy, although this would be the better option.

iGhYH68.png 

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

fg4exny.png

Some requests. Could you do Rams-Cheifs with the Rams Throwback Colors with the above Wordmark, the 16-17 End Zone Wordmark, and with the "Official" Wordmark in present day colors similar to this Thumbnail? And with the Chiefs Helmet Logo rather than Primary Logo on all of them to match the Rams.

maxresdefault.jpg

6331_los_angeles_rams-wordmark-2016.png

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Some requests. Could you do Rams-Cheifs with the Rams Throwback Colors with the above Wordmark, the 16-17 End Zone Wordmark, and with the "Official" Wordmark in present day colors similar to this Thumbnail? And with the Chiefs Helmet Logo rather than Primary Logo on all of them to match the Rams.

maxresdefault.jpg

6331_los_angeles_rams-wordmark-2016.png

Sure thing ...j8Px7Va.png

h8P8gYQ.png

UBGND7N.png

Also tried a gold Chiefs endzone, since the red helmet and red endzone don't mix too well

JIRPHGF.png

• Like 4

With the red endzone, why would the Chiefs have a yellow wordmark?? I bet the stupid azzed NFL would paint them a white one. Like they did two years ago with the Falcons, who should have had a black wordmark.

Stupid NFL. Another Super Bowl played indoors on field turf. Uggghhhh!!

10 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

With the red endzone, why would the Chiefs have a yellow wordmark?? I bet the stupid azzed NFL would paint them a white one. Like they did two years ago with the Falcons, who should have had a black wordmark.

Stupid NFL. Another Super Bowl played indoors on field turf. Uggghhhh!!

I'm pretty sure the Chiefs endzone would have a gold workdmark. The Panthers and Broncos wordmarks were both colored in Super Bowl 50. I don't see why they would do white.

Here's what that would look like though

re0G7Do.png

Quite bland.

These field turf Super Bowl's are getting old though. The field always looks much better on grass, but since the new templated Super Bowl logo era (XLV and beyond) it's been mostly field turf:

XLV: Field turf (Dallas)

XLVI: Field turf (Indianapolis)

XLVII: Field turf (New Orleans)

XLVIII: Field turf (New York)

XLIX: Grass (Glendale)

50: Grass (Bay Area)

LI: Field turf (Houston) * Was going to be grass at the time Houston was chosen

LII: Field turf (Minneapolis)

LIII: Field turf (Atlanta)

Super Bowl 50 was clearly the best looking field out of all of these, partially attributed to a Super Bowl logo with more color, but also the endzones consisting of all different colors.

XLIX on grass looked better than what it could have looked like on field turf.

And for future Super Bowl's, a little more hope with more grass games:

LIV: Grass (Miami) * Also the NFL's 100th season, so maybe more color (with a dumb 100th season logo)

LV: Grass (Tampa)

LVI: Field turf (Los Angeles) * Assuming field turf, as I believe they will have a similar method as the Meadowlands switching the field between Rams and Chargers games

LVII: Grass (Glendale)

LVIII: Field turf (New Orleans)

*LIX: Grass (Las Vegas) * I'm assuming this game will be awarded to Las Vegas, as it will be a new stadium that hadn't been awarded a Super Bowl yet 

Glad that Super Bowl LIV (NFL's 100th season) will be played on grass. Hopefully the Super Bowl logo for this game is made less generic, because it is the NFL's 100th season (doubt it though. We should find out in about a week ...)

Nobody asked me, but here are my favorite Super Bowl fields, by era:

Early era: VII. Don't like the colored 50s at midfield, but the Dolphins aqua and Redskins gold was a good endzone color combo. To me, the dual helmets design was the perfect football field; only the Rose Bowl came close. However, I think the NFL could have stayed with this endzone design — team logo, wordmark, conference logo — in perpetuity (and indeed brought it back for a time), and I would have been OK with it.

Dual helmets era: XXIX. I may be biased because I grew up a Chargers fan and it's the last "classic" design, but I like the endzone colors and the SB logo, and the 75th anniversary logo at midfield was a different touch. Nearly disqualifying: The NFL shield instead of the conference logos in the second helmet. I can see how that would be disqualifying for a lot of people. So if I had to pick a backup here, go with XIII. XVIII is also very good because it has two of my favorite end zones (I'll get to that later), but I never liked the "logo inside the football" at the 35-yard lines.

Midfield SB logo era: In general, I hated these. But XXXVII is a pretty easy call as best because I liked the SB logo, and the Raiders/Bucs endzone combo is sharp.

Template era: I agree with piit6pack that the Ravens/49ers endzone color contrast makes XLVII an easy choice. I also like XLIV a lot, but I've never been crazy about that SB logo.

SB50-since era (or, perhaps more accurately, XLVIII-since era): Who cares? Pick one out of a hat. I think my feelings echo most of the community here.

Best end zones: 1. Raiders, 2. Dolphins (aqua), 3. Broncos, 4. Redskins, 5. Bengals. All dual helmets era.

Started messing around with the NFL 100 logo on a field, and put together a Super Bowl LIV field. I used the logo I made for the Super Bowl Shuffle contest a few years back. Although I made this logo for Los Angeles for the contest, works just fine here. @logoroy Put together a real nice logo for LIV in the contest that works well for Miami.

dH7pJpx.png

I would think though on the actual Super Bowl LIV field, the NFL 100 logo would span about 20 yards, since the logo is more long than it is tall.

• Like 5

I have a few old-school SB field requests:

SB XV Falcons/Eagles vs. Bills/Chargers/Browns

SB XXVI- Saints vs. Oilers/Broncos

SB XXVII- Saints/Eagles vs. Dolphins/Steelers

SB XIX- Steelers vs. 49ers

SB XXXVIII- Chiefs vs. Rams/Panthers

Don't put it past the NFL to be bland, pitt. Yellow is barely used as a color by KC. So I can see the NFL giving them a white wordmark.  Falcons at least had a black helmet, but still got a white wordmark.

Rooting for a non-blue endzone battle. Go Saints! Go Chiefs!

Thanks for the endzone designs again this year. 

23 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I have a few old-school SB field requests:

SB XV Falcons/Eagles vs. Bills/Chargers/Browns

SB XXVI- Saints vs. Oilers/Broncos

SB XXVII- Saints/Eagles vs. Dolphins/Steelers

SB XIX- Steelers vs. 49ers

SB XXXVIII- Chiefs vs. Rams/Panthers

Xxix also same matchup as xix 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png