Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

9 hours ago, scraw28 said:

Great work with the what if super bowl fields........I am patiently waiting for the one with the mock logo and dueling helmets and the original rams nameplate...sorry to bug you lol  

All credit for the Super Bowl LIII logo here goes to @logoroy, it's a great logo, and it's too bad we don't get logos like this anymore.

WAxFj4L.png

I followed the style of Super Bowl XXIII for logo placement, relative size, striping, and number coloring.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, pitt6pack said:

All credit for the Super Bowl LIII logo here goes to @logoroy, it's a great logo, and it's too bad we don't get logos like this anymore.

WAxFj4L.png

I followed the style of Super Bowl XXIII for logo placement, relative size, striping, and number coloring.

Looks great!  I just came across this picture of the Rams endzone; it looks like they're going with a darker shade of blue for the helmet.

Image result for super bowl liii field

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, logoroy said:

Looks great!  I just came across this picture of the Rams endzone; it looks like they're going with a darker shade of blue for the helmet.

Image result for super bowl liii field

Nice find. Also, from what I can tell, the two point line is the same width as the other hashes, unlike the longer two point line the falcons use during the regular season. Other changes from the Falcons usual field is that that numbers on the field are fully painted in. 

Updated the Rams helmet color, and the size of the two point line.

I also adjusted the size of the Patriots logo. The logo fits perfectly between the 45 yard lines, and it looks like the same logo template was used in the Patriots endzone as well, so those logos are the exact same size. 

eXjdXeX.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

WAxFj4L.png

Amen to that brother thanks ...absolutely  beautiful

• Like 4

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

18 minutes ago, JagMatt said:

What the hell are they doing with the mismatching shades of blue between the helmet and the background? ...Why?

Because the blue on the helmet is darker than the blue on the uni? I like the 2 different shades of blue. It's accurate. It makes the Rams endzone pop just a little bit.

• Like 3

I get that the Rams don’t really have a logo other than their helmet to put in that spot.  However, they should’ve used a Patriots helmet instead of just their logo. The endzones, with one a logo and the other a helmet, end up looking like two unmatched socks. 

And I’m with all of those who said Yellow or Red could’ve been used as alternate colors for the endzones.

1 minute ago, RayFinkle said:

Because the blue on the helmet is darker than the blue on the uni? I like the 2 different shades of blue. It's accurate.

Good point. If anyone's to blame, it's the Rams for deciding on that uniform combination.

But that does bring up another similar case though: When the Broncos' helmets were a different shade of blue than the rest of their uniforms (Super Bowl 21, 12)... The helmets painted on the field matched the darker color of blue used for the lettering in the end zones. Accuracy was sacrificed for the sake of matching the Broncos word-mark.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:13 AM, pitt6pack said:

Updated the Rams helmet color, and the size of the two point line.

I also adjusted the size of the Patriots logo. The logo fits perfectly between the 45 yard lines, and it looks like the same logo template was used in the Patriots endzone as well, so those logos are the exact same size. 

eXjdXeX.png

Could you do a mock-up of this but in the XLII-XLIX template with the conference logos in the end zones?

• Like 1

This thread is one of my all-time favorites and I love all of the responses.

I’m a member of the media covering the Super Bowl and will get a chance tomorrow to check out the field and interview those in charge of setting up the field and stadium for the game. I’m hoping to do an interview with those in charge and would be willing to ask some questions that you may have. I have my own but could have some room if there is anything anyone wanted to know.

I’m for surely asking about the endzone design and colors, and will also ask about filed/turf prep, etc. Pass along any you think could be interesting.

It’s such a cool topic that I think we can find out some interesting information from those in the know. Thanks!!

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, DJB said:

I’m a member of the media covering the Super Bowl and will get a chance tomorrow to check out the field and interview those in charge of setting up the field and stadium for the game. I’m hoping to do an interview with those in charge and would be willing to ask some questions that you may have. I have my own but could have some room if there is anything anyone wanted to know.

I’m for surely asking about the endzone design and colors, and will also ask about filed/turf prep, etc. Pass along any you think could be interesting.

It’s such a cool topic that I think we can find out some interesting information from those in the know. Thanks!!

I have 2 questions 

1. Why have they stopped using AFC/NFC Conference Logos in the End Zones since 2016? There is enology space to do so?

2. Why not put a Helmet in the Patriots End Zone to match the Rams and for a Throwback Touch? 

3. Why not have the Rams End Zone be Athletic Gold to contrast with the helmet like Super Bowl XIV?

• Like 3

da0Lbhs.png

Finally!!

1). Who decides on the field design?  Is there any thought at all actually or do they just leave it to up to “whoever”?

2). What, other than pure randomness or just a lack of attention to detail, caused anomalies like the big empty space on the left side of the Patriots end zone in XLIX or the completely mismatched graphics sizes in last year’s end zones where the Patriots wordmark was much larger than the Eagles?

3). Has there even been any thought of doing a “throwback” style field?

4) why was the classic “dueling helmet” end zone design changed after Super Bowl XXX?

4). Why did the NFL stop allowing each Super Bowl to have its own unique logo?  Was it because the design in XLIV was so admittedly bad?

5). Does the NFL realize that the perception of people like those on this forum, the types of fans that “want” to pass on the love of all things NFL to the next generation, is that the Super Bowl field design has gotten too corporate, too boring, and less colorful, and therefore makes the game feel less joyful than it used to?  

Thank you!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DJB said:

That's such an awesome opportunity! I'd love to see any views of the field you can get.

The question's I'd be interested in are:

1) Who get's to decide on the field design

2) and does the paint crew get to have any say or opinions on how the field should look?

I'm looking forward to the results of your interviews and tour of the stadium. Is there a particular place you'll be posting afterwards?

• Like 2

Something I see a lot of you saying, and something I agree with, is how simple changes, like adding a helmet in the Patriots endzone, and the conference logos, the field can be much improved. Gotta say, it would look a heck of a lot nicer:

jEskxa7.png

I feel like the larger conference logos, like the Rams use on their home field, are better then the size of the conference logos in Super Bowl XLV through XLIX.

And some alternate endzone color suggestions I've been seeing from you all:

jNIN8oE.png

This field would have been awesome.

nCwkVsM.png

Tried a white Patriots wordmark, and it was just too light for the red. The red itself looks nice, but it doesn't work as well with the current Patriots logos and wordmarks.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, genius said:

Finally!!

1). Who decides on the field design?  Is there any thought at all actually or do they just leave it to up to “whoever”?

2). What, other than pure randomness or just a lack of attention to detail, caused anomalies like the big empty space on the left side of the Patriots end zone in XLIX or the completely mismatched graphics sizes in last year’s end zones where the Patriots wordmark was much larger than the Eagles?

3). Has there even been any thought of doing a “throwback” style field?

4) why was the classic “dueling helmet” end zone design changed after Super Bowl XXX?

4). Why did the NFL stop allowing each Super Bowl to have its own unique logo?  Was it because the design in XLIV was so admittedly bad?

5). Does the NFL realize that the perception of people like those on this forum, the types of fans that “want” to pass on the love of all things NFL to the next generation, is that the Super Bowl field design has gotten too corporate, too boring, and less colorful, and therefore makes the game feel less joyful than it used to?  

Thank you!

The superbowl fields of yesteryear were every bit as important as the team's that played on them.  It was part of the pageantry. The superbowl fields of the last 10 years have been too corporate ,and to be quite honest flat out lazy. They like everything else Roger Goddell touches have turned into hot garbage.

• Like 3

In 2009, before the Colts/Saints Super Bowl, I wrote a letter to Ed Mangan (NFL Head of Groundskeeping) months before the game. I told him about the field designs in the 80’s (team color painted on 20’s / team color outlines etc etc), and why it was important for people, like us, viewing the game. Probably never opened the letter (couldn’t find his email address). Hope our brother with the media pass will rep us well! Good luck!

• Like 1

Great questions. I’m really going to focus on the endzones and the colors/designs and get as much as I can from that. The absence of the helmets and conference logos are on the forefront. 

I like the question of the throwback field, and I will ask if there is anything special in the works since next year is the NFL’s 100th Anniversary.

I will try to get some pics on here and if our network posts the interview, I will provide the link. Otherwise, I will just come back with some (hopefully good) answers to questions we’ve all wondered about.

• Like 2