Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Favorite field designs?  Well, I am in the group that loved the boxes around the conference logos of Super Bowl XL.  I thought it was a nice touch.  XLI wasn't bad either with the ribbon bottom.  I do like III as well even though it doesn't get much love it had the big Lombardi trophy in the middle.  Let you know the game was huge in terms of the AFL/NFL merger and what was at stake.  IV is beautiful.  VII wasn't bad in the Cali light.  XIV always struck me as colorful.  I think I may be partial to the West Coast sunlight shining on the beautiful fields.  XVI was played about 5 minutes from me at the Silverdome.  That will always have a special place to me. RIP to the Silverdome.  XIX the Dolphins end zone really is hard to match.  XXIV was the first one I really watched and payed any attention to.  Field is boring but I fell in love with the game.  XXV is one of my faves.  Big logo at mid field.  XXVII also is beautiful as stated in an earlier post.  XXIX was ok.  The game ruined it for me.  XXX I loved.  XXXII as well.  I am a big fan of the logo at mid field.  XXXIII is perfect.  XXXI - XXXVII is the template I would love to see them use.  Logo at mid field, helmets at the 25, end zones painted in team colors that contrast, conference logos.  That's how they should look.  I really like XXXVII as well. After XXXVII, XXXVIII and XXXIX they kind of start falling apart.

• Like 2

I know we'd all like to forget this game (unless you're a Patriots fan of course), but I have a finished textured version of the field, excluding the sidelines. I should be able to get the full field with the sidelines done tomorrow.

Y0HjMwZ.png

• Like 3

On 2/1/2019 at 8:54 PM, pitt6pack said:

In order of game played, my favorite field designs have to be:

SB IV: Love the midfield design, and the number font (which hasn't been seen on an NFL field since old Texas Stadium, but featured every Rose Bowl game), and the endzone colors were a great contrast.

SB XIII: First game where the 20 yard lines were painted, and the first time a version of the actual Super Bowl logo was used on the field. Good color contrast between the endzones, and the numbers were outlined in conference colors (not a first, but still looked good)

SB XXI: California sun, and full of color. Endzones full of bright colors, and the 20's, 50's, and numbers all painted up.

SB XXIII: I like the way they did the numbers on this field. A thin outline was added (black for the Bengals, and 49ers) on the outside; a small touch, but small details are important (take a hint NFL). Love the Bengals endzone contrast of the black and orange.

SB XXVII: Gotta say, not a bad field at the Rose Bowl. Always full of color, and any Californian game looks good in the sun on grass, but this one was really looking top notch (if only the game was decent).

SB XXX: First time the team boxes were painted, last year of the dueling helmets endzones, full colored numbers and 50/20s, and also a game that starts in sun on grass can never look bad (XLIX, and 50 with :censored: logos and designs even looked so much better on grass in the sun than any other field since Super Bowl XLV)

The first game I can remember was XXXV, but I fell asleep for that one (I was 5, so I need a pass there). SB XXXVII I remember the opening drive and the logo at midfield in the sun. Really a great logo, and looked awesome on the field.

SB XL was the first time I really paid attention to the field and the logo, as a Steelers fan. Not many people here seem to like the silver 'banners' around the conference logos, but I always thought they were unique and a nice touch. If it weren't for that game, I'm not sure how much into field designs I would be, because after that Super Bowl I was always excited for the field and the logos, and would either draw out fields on paper, and make banners for my families Super Bowl event. I can't say Super Bowl XL makes my top 10 of fields, but it is the reason I'm here documenting the field designs now.

The super bowls on the west coast had an intimate feel....sunny at the start .....shadows rolling in the 2nd quarter...sunset beginning at the third quarter and dark by the middle of the third quarter til the end of the game 

• Like 4

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Super Bowl LIII: February 3, 2019 - Mercedes Benz Stadium

New England Patriots - 13        Los Angeles Rams - 3

W9upg0q.png

Field without teamboxes

Spoiler

n0sb8o8.png

< Super Bowl LII    First Post    Super Bowl LIV >

I have a unique SB request, but involving the Miami Dolphins 1997 wordmark & logo:

a.) 875.png

b.) 2d3ugrt02d3ztqx8euybhdy3k.png

And the following fields (with the Dolphins endzone being either orange or aqua) would be:

SB XXX vs. 49ers (with current wordmark, in gold background and red text)

SB XXVIII vs. Vikings (with current wordmark since 2006 or 2007, in yellow background and purple text)

• Like 1
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

On 2/5/2019 at 7:30 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl LIII: February 3, 2019 - Mercedes Benz Stadium

New England Patriots - 13        Los Angeles Rams - 3

JRmVNP5.png

Field without teamboxes

Reveal hidden contents

Y0HjMwZ.png

< Super Bowl LII    First Post    Super Bowl LIV >

Forgive me here, but there's some things I see on this full field...the yellow 'dotted' line on the outside, the white ones right beside the yellow, and in front of the team boxes, A] a solid yellow line in front, and B] 2 small white lines on the sides.

What are those anyway? o.o

9 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

Forgive me here, but there's some things I see on this full field...the yellow 'dotted' line on the outside, the white ones right beside the yellow, and in front of the team boxes, A] a solid yellow line in front, and B] 2 small white lines on the sides.

What are those anyway? o.o

Well according to the NFL Official rules:

<<The Playing Field

Rule 1

The playing field will be rimmed by a solid white border six feet wide along the end lines and sidelines. There will be an additional broken yellow line nine feet farther outside this border along each sideline in the non-bench areas, and such broken line will be continued at an angle from each 30- yard line and pass behind the bench area (all benches a minimum of 30 feet back from the sidelines) at a distance of six feet. In each end zone, this broken yellow line is six feet from the solid white border. These yellow broken lines are to be eight inches wide and two feet long with a space of one foot between them.

In addition, within each bench area, a solid yellow line six feet behind the solid border will delineate a special area for coaches, behind which all players, except one player who is charting the game, must remain. Furthermore, a broken white line four inches wide and four feet long with a space of two-foot intervals will be marked three feet inside the nine-foot restriction line on the sideline, extending to meet the existing yellow broken line six feet behind both end zones and at each television box outside the bench area.>>

In simpler terms.These are restriction lines for the players and coaches, (Team and Coaches boxes between the 30 yard lines on each side of the field) sideline personel, and credentialed media. (The white and yellow dashed lines streching out the reminder of each sideline respectiely). Trust the guy who wears the stripes ( and has access to the actual rule book on NFL.com!) LOL

Edited by SFCOM1
Clarification and spelling

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 12:02 PM, SFCOM1 said:

Well according to the NFL Official rules:

<<The Playing Field

Rule 1

The playing field will be rimmed by a solid white border six feet wide along the end lines and sidelines. There will be an additional broken yellow line nine feet farther outside this border along each sideline in the non-bench areas, and such broken line will be continued at an angle from each 30- yard line and pass behind the bench area (all benches a minimum of 30 feet back from the sidelines) at a distance of six feet. In each end zone, this broken yellow line is six feet from the solid white border. These yellow broken lines are to be eight inches wide and two feet long with a space of one foot between them.

In addition, within each bench area, a solid yellow line six feet behind the solid border will delineate a special area for coaches, behind which all players, except one player who is charting the game, must remain. Furthermore, a broken white line four inches wide and four feet long with a space of two-foot intervals will be marked three feet inside the nine-foot restriction line on the sideline, extending to meet the existing yellow broken line six feet behind both end zones and at each television box outside the bench area.>>

In simpler terms.These are restriction lines for the players and coaches, (Team and Coaches boxes between the 30 yard lines on each side of the field) sideline personel, and credentialed media. (The white and yellow dashed lines streching out the reminder of each sideline respectiely). Trust the guy who wears the stripes ( and has access to the actual rule book on NFL.com!) LOL

So that means if I'm with credentials, and taking pictures of the game, I have to stay behind the yellow hashed line until the game ends?

o.o

On the sideline you would be in behind the yellow marks (Giving the space for the chains and field personnel to work between the end of the 2 yard white border and the broken white lines). And behind the yellow marks in the end zones. Hence you don't see too many camera men (and women) getting creamed anymore. But you do get train wrecks with the sideline steady-cams and the omni-directional microphones. (Those are still really interesting to watch.)

Here is an overhead picture during pregame for SB LIII for reference

Image result for pictures of the field for Super Bowl 53

Edited by SFCOM1
Additional information and picture

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bootscallahan said:

How are you making the field texture look so good? I'm a newbie and would like to know. Thanks.

Here is a post I made earlier describing what I did:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-super-bowl-liii/?do=findComment&comment=2430809

And another when later when I made more updates:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-super-bowl-liii/?do=findComment&comment=2518824

The thing that has helped me the most with texture was the scale of the fields. When I make them on my home computer they are a lot larger than what I post, so I can really include a lot more details at a smaller scale. But it was a lot of trial and error finding the correct texture, and the correct scale for the texture.

• Like 1

I agree with pitt6pack. Working in large scale when creating a field is a great start. Using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (which I use on mine) allows various types of filters that make the fields "pop" Of course "Your Millage may vary!" so practice and experimenting with various graphic programs can yield superior results. 

• 4 weeks later...

I made a couple updates to the Super Bowl III field:

1: Changed the Jets logo; there was a green outline, then a white outline, then a black outline

2: Added a black outline to the AFL logo

3: Updated the shade of green for the Jets endzone

These changes were based on a video I saw recently (Top 10 most devastating Super Bowl losses I think); here are some stills form that video:

bvbVGem.png

UZaCZ2y.png

Here are my updates logos (and endzone color)

ZyI8Qce.png

And a comparison between the old and updated version of the field:

Old

CLSmPjU.png

Updated

1fyHcxP.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I made a couple updates to the Super Bowl III field:

1: Changed the Jets logo; there was a green outline, then a white outline, then a black outline

2: Added a black outline to the AFL logo

3: Updated the shade of green for the Jets endzone

These changes were based on a video I saw recently (Top 10 most devastating Super Bowl losses I think); here are some stills form that video:

bvbVGem.png

UZaCZ2y.png

Here are my updates logos (and endzone color)

ZyI8Qce.png

Kinda amazing how the tape for Super Bowl III has survived but the first two haven't.

Anyways, I'm a little confused about the white lines on the green football in the Jets logo. Are those supposed to be laces, or are the white lines supposed to be a shine on the ball?

53 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Kinda amazing how the tape for Super Bowl III has survived but the first two haven't.

Anyways, I'm a little confused about the white lines on the green football in the Jets logo. Are those supposed to be laces, or are the white lines supposed to be a shine on the ball?

Laces

lcetxlxev3xd2tt3n3gy5xh3d.gif

For this game, an older version of the Jets logo was used in the endzone (similar to the Raiders endzone and helmet logo in Super Bowl II)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cjpowerbomb said:

Always wondered what the old Bengals helmet would look like in the Super Bowl so I made one up:

Super%20Bowl%2015_zpsafhh1ln6.png

It would have been kind of odd to have Bengals spelled out in the endzone twice. Not a bad look, just a little odd

On 7/8/2014 at 11:05 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXI: January 25, 1987 - Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California.

Denver Broncos - 20        New York Giants - 39

4AWK6RT.png

< Super Bowl XX    First Post    Super Bowl XXII >

It's been done. Interesting that the fonts for the Giants were different between the helmet and script logo. The Bengals were the same way. 

Edited by jc...
Aat work...had to hide before I could finish.

iq5b7nF.png