The playoffs are still going, but that doesn't mean that there isn't news going on elsewhere in The Association...

As we all know by now, The Knicks have fired Mark Woodsen, and the Warriors have done the same with Mark Jackson. Mike D'Antoni has essentially resigned, and the Jazz aren't bringing Ty Corbin's contract (though they insist he's not fired).

Anything other offseason dealings, such as free agency, the draft, or coaching hires, can be discussed here.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Steve Kerr is now deciding between the Warriors and Knicks.

If I was Kerr I would go the Warriors because they have the better team but their front office seems as screwy as the Knicks (Phil Jackson might fix that) for letting Mark Jackson go.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Well if he didn't demand excellence it'd be his last job. That statement released by the Warriors front office made it very clear that he was let go, not because he was too demanding, but because he didn't kiss the owner's son's backside.

Well if he didn't demand excellence it'd be his last job. That statement released by the Warriors front office made it very clear that he was let go, not because he was too demanding, but because he didn't kiss the owner's son's backside.

Ya he turned the team around from being a bottom of the conference team to a playoff team every year

What I don't get is their interest in Stan Van Gundy. He's a far better X's and O's coach than Mark Jackson, obviously, but my question is this: they just fired Jackson for being combative with the owners and front office, yet they're head-over-heels for a coach who has a history of doing the exact same thing? Additionally, while Jackson had the unconditional support of his players, SVG is the least popular coach among NBA players and tends to lose the locker room after a few years. This whole story doesn't make any sense.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What I don't get is their interest in Stan Van Gundy. He's a far better X's and O's coach than Mark Jackson, obviously, but my question is this: they just fired Jackson for being combative with the owners and front office, yet they're head-over-heels for a coach who has a history of doing the exact same thing? Additionally, while Jackson had the unconditional support of his players, SVG is the least popular coach among NBA players and tends to lose the locker room after a few years. This whole story doesn't make any sense.
It doesn't make sense. I can't see the players putting up with SVGs sideline breakdowns and his comments for too long.

It doesn't make sense. I can't see the players putting up with SVGs sideline breakdowns and his comments for too long.

Or the little fact that Mark Jackson is a pastor and said the following after Jason Collins came out:

“We live in a country that allows you to be whoever you want to be. As a Christian man, I serve a God that gives you free will to be who you want to be. As a Christian man, I have beliefs of what’s right and what’s wrong. That being said, I know Jason Collins, I know his family, and am certainly praying for them at this time.”

And the Warriors President, Rick Welts is gay.

Van Gundy and every other Warriors candidate who has previous head coaching experience believes that in order to succeed, they'll need control of Warriors basketball operations. In fact, DET is offering Van Gundy said control.

Screw the Knicks. They've brought this on themselves. Decades of mismanagement and bad investments. Carmelo to the Bulls will complete the shame.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From my neck of the woods, the Utah Jazz are apparently gaguing John Stockton's interest in a coaching gig, though he has said he isn't interested in coaching while still rasing kids (his youngest is 12), and I would hope that Jazz brass nows this already. They're also reaching out to Bulls assistant Adrian Griffin.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Wow so much for Phil Jackson turning the Knicks around, I cant wait til Carmelo Anthony signs elsewhere and comes back and drops 70 in his first game back at the Garden.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived