• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Kerr and Fisher earn double Kidd's salary with more years and have yet to coach a game.

This is a very new era of NBA ownership money. Old money is gone and new "hedge fund/venture capital/tech" money is in and they like fast ROI (return on investment).

Pay high for a coach and if he fails, it doesn't matter since your TV revenue is going to go up without signing a check. And if you control the arena in which you play, you make even more.

Teams are selling high because the TV rights will still go up.

So with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all opting out and supposedly going to discuss (amongst themselves, mind you) their next contracts with Miami, any possibility of the players and/or the team doing some shenanigans? Such as a player getting unannounced incentives ("Hey Wade, we like you, thanks for the 3 titles, we'll grant you part-ownership of the Heat once you retire if you take a little less now")....

So with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all opting out and supposedly going to discuss (amongst themselves, mind you) their next contracts with Miami, any possibility of the players and/or the team doing some shenanigans? Such as a player getting unannounced incentives ("Hey Wade, we like you, thanks for the 3 titles, we'll grant you part-ownership of the Heat once you retire if you take a little less now")....

I mean...isn't the entire opt-out supposed to give the Heat options to re-sign all of them to extensions at significantly reduced contracts?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If Jason Kidd has a minority share in the Nets then how can he join the Bucks?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9717425/jason-kidd-officially-gets-ownerships-stake-brooklyn-nets

Granted it's a fraction of a percent but it's still ownership.

Eh. The Nets don't give a rat's ass. Kidd wants Derek Fischer money and Doc Rivers pull. The Nets already OK'd him interviewing with Milwaukee, so I'm assuming he would simply relinquish his Nets stake. Hell, he may not even become a coach there. Seems more interested in management.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9717425/jason-kidd-officially-gets-ownerships-stake-brooklyn-nets

Presumably he'd just sell his share, like Jay-Z did when he left to start his sports agency.

The bigger question is why anyone would hire this egomaniac in any capacity after what he just pulled. If I were an owner in the NBA, I wouldn't hire Kidd as my janitor at this point, let alone as team president.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Eh. The Nets don't give a rat's ass. Kidd wants Derek Fischer money and Doc Rivers pull. The Nets already OK'd him interviewing with Milwaukee, so I'm assuming he would simply relinquish his Nets stake. Hell, he may not even become a coach there. Seems more interested in management.

I know the Nets probably don't care but I assumed there were some rules in the NBA that forbid owners to interview for a job for another team.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I mean...isn't the entire opt-out supposed to give the Heat options to re-sign all of them to extensions at significantly reduced contracts?

Well, I would think that their contracts will be different in contract length and the money be distributed in relation to their actual worthiness to the team. Can't see Wade getting a long deal or big money (but like I said, he may get a wink-wink deal if he takes a cut-rate contract).

It's still pretty lame that these NBA players get together to discuss their future team destinations. Certainly doesn't help the image of the NBA arranging teams/results (they lost that benefit of the doubt long ago), nor does it shed the distinction that today's players are wimps compared to the players of a generation or two ago.

It's still pretty lame that these NBA players get together to discuss their future team destinations. Certainly doesn't help the image of the NBA arranging teams/results (they lost that benefit of the doubt long ago), nor does it shed the distinction that today's players are wimps compared to the players of a generation or two ago.

It is incredibly lame. I get it - everybody wants to play with the best - but the power a player like LeBron has is more than any individual athlete in any other sport. He runs the Heat. He runs whatever team he chooses to play for because they are slaves to his will.

Now don't get me wrong - I've softened on LeBron over the years. The Decision really gave him a black eye, IMHO, but as time has passed I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for his ability, image, and professionalism. But the problem now is unparalleled in sports. One player moves every piece to his whim, the rest of it is paperwork. What he wants, he gets. Without hesitation.

If hypothetically this was simply Bosh and Wade, it wouldn't matter. Wade is irrelevant. He has no knees. Bosh has finally grown tired of being the ass-end of the system, but I doubt he wants to go play for a loser. LeBron sets the standard - take less money, re-work the deal, revitalize the franchise. You know that Wade &co. will follow suit and at least those two will come back for a friendly discount, but Bosh I have hesitations about.

Not that I really care or blame him. Go somewhere and play to your potential; don't be remembered as the NBA equivalent of a barnacle on LeBron's underbelly.

twitter

No. Kerr and Fisher earn double Kidd's salary with more years and have yet to coach a game.

This is a very new era of NBA ownership money. Old money is gone and new "hedge fund/venture capital/tech" money is in and they like fast ROI (return on investment).

Pay high for a coach and if he fails, it doesn't matter since your TV revenue is going to go up without signing a check. And if you control the arena in which you play, you make even more.

Teams are selling high because the TV rights will still go up.

True, but neither Kerr nor Fisher are going to have control over their respective teams' basketball operations. At least Phil Jackson and Stan Van Gundy had years of coaching experience under their belts when they moved into front-office positions. Jason Kidd has had one okay season.

Nikola Mirotic is coming to the US this summer. I love his game and hope the Bulls don't trade him unless they're getting Kevin Love and I don't think that's going to happen.

Melo is meeting with this Bulls today. Noah and Gibson are going to the meeting but Derrick Rose is staying at home because he doesn't feel like it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Noah and Gibson are going to the meeting but Derrick Rose is staying at home because he doesn't feel like it.

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Noah and Gibson are going to the meeting but Derrick Rose is staying at home because he doesn't feel like it.

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

Yeah, I don't know about you Rose, but if I'm looking to sign with a team and their #1 player has been out of commission for TWO YEARS, it might just instill a better deal of confidence if that player, you know, showed up to let me know that he's ready to go. I'm trying to be understanding of Rose but it just seems like he's grown more icy and jaded whenever he talks about the team or to the media.

GR30a5H.png

Charlotte Hornets are going to go all in on Lance Stephenson, per ESPN & local reporters. Safe to assume Henderson is done. They tried trading him before the draft and then drafted a SG, now they're going after another in FA. Team is also expected to bring back Sessions as the back up PG.

Kemba Walker (24)

Lance Stephenson (23)

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (20)

Cody Zeller (21)

Al Jefferson (29)

Ramon Sessions (28)

PJ Hairston (21)

Jeffery Taylor (25)

Noah Vonleh (18)

Bismack Biyombo (21)

That's a very solid team, yet incredibly young. Probably one of the 2-3 youngest teams in the league. That roster could compete for a top 2-3 seed in the East anchored by Big Al. Yet they're so young & have so much room for growth. Vonleh is competent raw but has star potential down the road, likewise for MKG if Mark Price can figure out his jumpshot. Big Al is a year younger than LeBron James & he's the old man on the team & 6-8 years older than about everyone on the roster. Steve Clifford is one of the better coaches in the NBA.

MJ is building a nice team. Never thought he'd be successful as an owner but he's well on his way.

Coming off of a playoff season and a lot of fan support for the new branding, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte take the Southeast over Atlanta, Orlando, and Washington. Washington might compete and Miami is iffy with this whole Wade/James/Bosh thing. Guess it depends on where thy land. Charlotte could probably be like Toronto was last year and win a weak division

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived