• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love to Cleveland is all but done in principle, should complete post-deadline.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/4/5968935/kevin-love-trade-cavaliers-timberwolves-andrew-wiggins

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blows for people that bought wiggins jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are any other Cavs fans a bit worried about the Miami model that the Cavs are going with? I get that Love is an upgrade over Bosh and that Kyrie is equal or better than Wade, currently. But the Cavs have now signed Mike Miller, James Jones and are looking to bring in Ray Allen... 3 guys who didn't really get it done in Miami the last 2 years (LeBron carried the Heat 2 years ago).

Everything I am hearing is the Minnesota/Cleveland trade is actually a 3-team trade with Philadelphia as the 3rd team. Minnesota is said to like Thadeus Young from the 76ers, and the 76ers are said to like Dion Waiters from the Cavs. It seems more likely to me that the trade goes as follows:

• CLEVELAND - Kevin Love, Keven Martin
  • MINNESOTA - Andrew Wiggins, Thadeus Young, 2018 First Round Pick (Cavs)
  • PHILADELPHIA - Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennet, 2017 First Round Pick (Cavs)

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

cleveland treating wiggins like crap.....just to please the "king"....disgusting

I hope he one day ends up in miami and wins a couple of rings, would be so :censored:ing nice

Trading Wiggins is "treating him like crap"?

It's not not treating him like crap.

Imagine his emotional roller coaster. He's drafted #1 overall to a team that really wasn't that bad last year. All things considered he was in a good situation in pre-Lebron Cleveland - then he's hearing all the rumors (and probably then some) that we heard about Lebron's second decision - now he's playing with Lebron HOLY $HIT THAT'S AWESOME LET ME GET MY RING SIZE READY he's thinking - now he's hearing trade rumors while playing for the team in summer league - now he's getting traded to NBA Siberia because Lebron wants to play with Kevin Love.

They're not exactly treating him well.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are any other Cavs fans a bit worried about the Miami model that the Cavs are going with? I get that Love is an upgrade over Bosh and that Kyrie is equal or better than Wade, currently. But the Cavs have now signed Mike Miller, James Jones and are looking to bring in Ray Allen... 3 guys who didn't really get it done in Miami the last 2 years (LeBron carried the Heat 2 years ago).

Everything I am hearing is the Minnesota/Cleveland trade is actually a 3-team trade with Philadelphia as the 3rd team. Minnesota is said to like Thadeus Young from the 76ers, and the 76ers are said to like Dion Waiters from the Cavs. It seems more likely to me that the trade goes as follows:

I'm more annoyed that the Cavs are doing whatever the Wolves want. Anytime a team is giving away a star player they can't expect to get "equal or greater" value in return. Why should Cleveland have to give up 2 first rounders, 2 #1 overall picks (Bennett and Wiggins) and Waiters? When no other team can even offer anything close. Love may be a star, but I wouldn't gut the team for 1 player. Love could walk and leave Minnesota with nothing. They should be happy to get anything.

cleveland treating wiggins like crap.....just to please the "king"....disgusting

I hope he one day ends up in miami and wins a couple of rings, would be so :censored:ing nice

Trading Wiggins is "treating him like crap"?

It's not not treating him like crap.

Imagine his emotional roller coaster. He's drafted #1 overall to a team that really wasn't that bad last year. All things considered he was in a good situation in pre-Lebron Cleveland - then he's hearing all the rumors (and probably then some) that we heard about Lebron's second decision - now he's playing with Lebron HOLY $HIT THAT'S AWESOME LET ME GET MY RING SIZE READY he's thinking - now he's hearing trade rumors while playing for the team in summer league - now he's getting traded to NBA Siberia because Lebron wants to play with Kevin Love.

They're not exactly treating him well.

You could tell in his demeanor during that extremely awkward interview earlier this week that it's starting to get to him. And this in light of the fact that, all things considering, this draft was hyped as one of the most loaded in recent years and you'd think getting the #1 in that would be the cherry on top of the LeBron sundae.

Can anyone recall a draft that was so overwhelmed by outside factors? We had nearly a third of the league cripple themselves to help their chances in the lottery and now there's hardly ANY hype for the majority of these players. Is it because many of those teams are just going to try and be awful again?

GR30a5H.png

I'm more annoyed that the Cavs are doing whatever the Wolves want. Anytime a team is giving away a star player they can't expect to get "equal or greater" value in return. Why should Cleveland have to give up 2 first rounders, 2 #1 overall picks (Bennett and Wiggins) and Waiters? When no other team can even offer anything close. Love may be a star, but I wouldn't gut the team for 1 player. Love could walk and leave Minnesota with nothing. They should be happy to get anything.

Well, there's supposedly other teams looking to make a trade with Minnesota to get Love, so there's that.

And Cleveland has incentive to do what they can to get Love...they'll basically get a year's head-start on getting Love signed (and he can get the max offer, I believe...more years and money than other teams can offer).....

I'd trade Irving straight up for Love. Two supposed superstars who've never won anything sounds like a fair swap.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I get berated every time I bring up this point. Sure Waiters and Bennett aren't going to be stars - but very nice role players - and I give Wiggins about a 25%- chance of being a superstar (LeBron, Durrant, Kobe, George level). But its the scenario with Melo to NY. Everyone knew he was going to NY, he told people it was NY or bust... yet the Knicks gave up everything to get him before the offseason.

I get wanting to be able to control Love and the contract, but there is a lot of money coming off the Cavs books' next season. It may not be a FULL max contract, but it will be damn close where they can swing something with some of their other young players' salaries (Thompson, Bennett, Waiters).

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As a Minnesota fan, I know what it's like to have fans of other teams feel a sense of entitlement to my teams' players. That team being from Cleveland is unusual, though. Check the bold statement though...nobody "has to"...(though you are on the verge of saying the T-Wolves should "have to" give up Love for a lower price).

Anyway, getting Bennett, Waiters and two late first round picks does nothing for the T-Wolves. I don't know exactly what's possessing the Cavs to make this trade (if it is in fact true) but maybe it's the Wolves saying "we'll shop around for a while rather than take that garbage." If so, good for them...it makes Cleveland make a choice. I happen to think they are making the right choice. You may not and that's fine. You can question whether the Cavs should make this trade, but the T-Wolves don't owe them Love just because...

"They should be happy to get anything." No. They should get what they can. And they are. And frankly, I'd rather they keep Love on the roster for a lame duck year than take that original pile of :censored: the Cavs were offering...either that or try to get something else at the deadline.

You get pulled first in the lottery every year (the T-Wolves have never moved up), the best player in the world just signed with your team, and you are getting a top-15 player for a rookie who could turn out to be anything. I'll trade teams with ya...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

amazing how egoistic Lebron is all while giving the apperence of " I want to come home, i want the city to win".......while he drags half of his old miami teammates along......AND screws over a young player in wiggins, messing with his head.

I agree, Wiggins is getting tossed around right now, but the issue lies with the NBA's rule, not the Cavaliers. The Cavs have to do what they can to improve the team. If this trade is agreed upon, having a 30 day waiting period is doing more damage to Wiggins than the Cavs trading him.

That being said, I think that this trade will only help Wiggins. One of the many issues with Wiggins is his lack of motivation, getting lost out on the floor, and lackadaisical attitude. Hopefully for Minnesota's sake, it motivates him to get in the gym, develop a jump shot and develop his left hand so he can be a true star in this league.

Cavs were aggressively shopping the #1 pick before they even picked Wiggins. Nothing has changed except they now have a player instead of a pick. It's a business.

amazing how egoistic Lebron is all while giving the apperence of " I want to come home, i want the city to win".......while he drags half of his old miami teammates along......AND screws over a young player in wiggins, messing with his head.

I don't get that vibe, personally. Cleveland wants to surround LeBron with a comfort crew, but Jones and Miller aren't 'half' of his old team. The problem is that Kevin Love is on the market and wants to go to Cleveland. If that wasn't the case Wiggins wouldn't be going anywhere, but you don't exactly come across opportunities every season to acquire a 25-year old established star.

If it's anything, it's hypocrisy, since LeBron said in his letter he expected a title chase to take some time to come together. If these rumors are true it looks like they're going balls out to dump 1st round picks past and present for a title run in 14/15.

So yeah...sorry Cleveland. You may get a title sooner rather than later. What a tragedy?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1. Miami did win 4 consecutive Eastern Conference titles. Perhaps bringing some of that crew along helps Cleveland win.

2. So Wiggins = Kwame Brown?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived