OKC Outlaws! (vote!) - 2014 NFL Concept & Expansion Series

STL_ArchMadness

Trying to make this more interactive!  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2d0sya.png

The reason it ^ says "8 new teams / 9 new cities" is because the Jaguars have made the move to Orlando.

Here we are! My brand new League-wide concept series. I haven't been on these forums for too long, but I post when I can, and I have a couple of series up already.

I've done some pretty deep research into all of these teams. I wanted to make the NFL a consistent, and prominently stylish "brand" with sub-brands within it.

I used some of the NFL's current uniform rules, with some changes:

• Just like today, each team is only allowed 1 helmet
    • But, some teams will have 2 different helmet styles. Because the NFL says each player must use the same helmet all year. This means no team will have 2 different color helmets, but small differences in an alternate helmet like a different logo, different color striping, etc.

• Each team must have a home, away, and alternate/throwback jersey. Like I said, consistent
  • Each team must have home, away, and alternate/throwback pants
  • Each team can only have 6 different uniform combos
    • The teams will submit their 6 combos to the league at the beginning of the year.

And here is a few basic guidelines I tried to follow for myself:

• I am going to try and give each team a distinguished and unmistakable identity
    • This means custom color pallets
      • Maybe changing the current "dominant" colors of some teams so there aren't too many teams in the league with the same colors (like the Texans/Patriots/ and the Bears/Broncos)

• I am going the keep team's striping patterns limited
  • I am going to try and bring back the best parts of some team's old looks, especially teams with rich history

Along with the new uniform rules, the NFL has much bigger changes. In hopes of creating the largest and best sports league in the world, the NFL has added 8 new teams to the league, making 2 new divisions, the NFC & AFC central. With 2 new divisions, the schedule has been changed to 3 preseason games, and 17 regular season games. The NFL Draft has also been expanded to 40 picks per round, at 7 rounds still. With more players being drafted, and the schedule being longer the NFL-game-day roster has also been expanded to 55 players instead of 53.

This also expands the playoffs to another Wild Card team per conference.

The 8 teams names and logos will be unveiled with the Jerseys.

NFC Central:

Portland

Los Angeles

Salt Lake City

Birmingham

AFC Central:

Toronto

Albuquerque

Las Vegas

Oklahoma City

The expansion teams will be the last in the series, so I still haven't decided on their names. Vote in the polls for the team's names. If you think you have a better one, list it and explain the significance and reasoning for the name. The poll will change each week for the next 3 teams.

I'll pick the colors and make the logo. Teams with only one name are already decided. But here are the list of cities and their possible names...

New cities, in parenthesis is the cities market size in America:

• L.A. (#2)
    • Skates - (popular stingray species in that area)

• Las Vegas (#42)
    • Aces, Kings, Diamonds

• OKC (#45)
    • Outlaws, Barons, Marshals

• Orlando (#86)
    • Shine, Rattlers, Snappers, or stick with Jaguars

• Portland (#22)
    • Pioneers, Orcas, Blackfish

• Albuquerque (#44)
    • Javs (Javelinas), Boars, Nightwings

• Birmingham (#78)
    • Express, Breakers

• Toronto (#6)
    • White Tails, Owls, "Snow Owls"

• Salt Lake City (#33)
    • Rails - (Bird species, I really liked the name, and already made a logo that I really like)

im trying to post the first concept, but it says i cant use this extension. They will be up very soon

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of Snaps for Orlando, but maybe change it to snappers?

Also you could change the name to Utah rails to tie in the transcontinental railroad

i actually really like that, and I'm going to change the choice to that. Thanks! and ya it's gonna be the "Utah Rails"

Ok here is the first concept, the 2015 NFL Prob Bowl Uniforms.

Ill start it off with the NFL's new Pro Bowl Uniforms. This year, the 2 teams will have custom helmet for the game. These jerseys may look pretty simple, and that's because they are. I just wanted to stay away from Nike's horrible unis this year. Enjoy the first concept.

AFC:

30szjir.png

28hg9ht.png

28l59vt.png

28jbss6.png

NFC:

awqcg2.png

2uigrjl.png

fxdnc0.png

otesco.png

enjoy!

I like the idea of sleeve patches for the pro bowl. I always thought it looked messy with different helmets

Although, the pro bowl is no longer AFC/NFC so those might not work

ya my big thing with the pro bowl was simplifying it, and i thought helmets would make a huge difference. But damn haha i forgot they do the fantasy draft now. But i guess I'm changing that now. I didn't like that anyway because you had players from the same team going up against each other, and i think the fantasy style makes it even more unwatchable.

Man, that presentation is spectacular; really looking forward to following this one. Also I love the idea of Birmingham and Las Vegas in the NFL.

thanks man! i appreciate that because i worked hard to make these templates just for this series

I like your choices for cities, and that is how all pro bowl uniforms should be: simple. Terrific, and unfortunately, I would keep Jags, but I miss voted. Anyway, snappers will win.

I'm glad you guys like it so far!

Okc: Roustabouts, though I've voted.

Portland: Rain or orcas

Toronto: snow owls

Albuquerque: boars, although I might have some good ideas.

thanks for the suggestions, I'll add those to the poll

but right now im working on the logo for Los Angeles, I've got it done. But what color scheme should i use? i don't wanna use something that other teams use, i want it to be unique. So fire your ideas at me!

L.A. should be silver and yellow, one color from both the raiders and rams when they were in L.A.

Also even though you probably already know this the helmet has to be the same physical helmet shell so you can interchange different colored facemasks as much you want.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

L.A. should be silver and yellow, one color from both the raiders and rams when they were in L.A.

actually before you said this, i was messing around with the logo.

I dont wanna give away the logo, so i made this. These are the colors i used for it. It drew inspiration from the potential Memphis Grizzlies colors. And i think it would look great on some uniforms. Not exactly silver, but close

qpo27o.jpg

It also has kind of a "Batman" feel to it, which i really like

How about a team for San Antonio, Texas? Possible names:

Armadillos

Defenders

Brigade

Squadron

Home field: The Alamodome

i was gonna give San Antonio a team, but i wanted to give some different states a team since there's already a couple teams in Texas. I figured Albuquerque was a better spot because everyone in New Mexico would be a fan

Why Orlando then

because it's not an expansion team. It's still the Jaguars, but its now 2 hours down the road. So people in Jacksonville can still be fans and go to the games, but the organization gets a fresh start in a new city with a better market

Archived