Atlanta Braves New Stadium

teddthebucfan

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's weird to think about, but in the 96 playoffs I pulled for the Cardinals and Yankees over the Braves. In 1999 I rooted for the Yankees again. It was so easy to hate them. 

As a Patriots fan I kinda get it, although where the Patriots seem to relish strong competition, the Braves always seemed snobbish, like old white guy at the local golf clubhouse who thinks he & his friends are the only ones entitled enough to play a round.

Could you imagine if the Braves had actually won more than the single WS?  Please no.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. The Patriots are still the worst. Nothing compares 2 them.

I didn't care for the Braves as a kid, but I didn't hold their success against them. They won the NL East for a generation in part because they had the best pitchers, they had good hitters, and because the rest of the NL East was a comedy of errors that included throwing batteries, fake mustaches, and "home" games in Puerto Rico. There were never the accusations of cheating or rule-bending against the Braves; they just went out and won all the time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

the Patriots seem to relish strong competition

Um... Nope. All I've got is :rolleyes:.  The Braves earned every win, without even a hint of cheating.

If the Braves had won more than the single World Series, they'd still not be as insufferable as the Patriots.

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

There were never the accusations of cheating or rule-bending against the Braves

There was a lot of grousing that the umps gave Maddux and Glavine strikes on anything low and away, but that isn't outright cheating so much as taking what you're given ('cause you're pitchin' for a livin').

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was incredibly lucky as a kid.  I was 9 when the Braves went to the World Series in 1991 and I was well into adulthood by the time they won their last one in a row in 2005.  The new stadium is exciting and I enjoy Turner Field, but I get why they are leaving.  The city of Atlanta has control over everything in the area and for 20 years they have not done what was promised in the way of adding shops and restaurants.  The last time I was in Atlanta I stayed at a hotel close to the park so I could make the trip on foot.  During my walk I noticed there was not much at all between my hotel and the stadium.  The Braves have no control over that and they want to be able to have that.  The area they are building in has the potential to offer a better experience for fans.  It will also be located in an area where most local Braves fans are making the drive to see the team.  That is a smart move.  I was pretty shocked when I learned Turner Field will no longer be the home of the Braves.  But since I have had plenty of time to process it, I can see where the team is coming from and I am supportive of this project.  Of course, I no longer live in Georgia so the only real way this effects me will be where I go when I fly into Atlanta.  

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/05-28-2015/1096/is-suntrust-park-an-upgrade-for-atlanta-braves?

Is SunTrust Park An Upgrade for Atlanta Braves?

For $1.1 billion it damn well better be.

The Braves stated organization believes this new site will be the best location for their fans and their organization for the next 30 years.

I'm reminded of that exchange from the Chevy short MST3K did.

"In fact, we hope you'll buy your next ten cars from us."
"TEN CARS?!?!?!?"

That was me. THIRTY YEARS?!?!?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm reminded of that exchange from the Chevy short MST3K did.

"In fact, we hope you'll buy your next ten cars from us."
"TEN CARS?!?!?!?"

That was me. THIRTY YEARS?!?!?

"Are you now or have you ever been a Ford owner?"

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Archived