Modernizing NFL Europa Teams - 3D Helmets: Amsterdam Admirals

LeeTraylor

Thought it would be neat to see modernized versions of the NFL Europa teams, so I'm giving it a shot. Starting with the Barcelona Dragons. I'll post original identities followed by my ideas on modernizing and any changes based on criticism/critiques I receive. Thanks in advance!

IJEuwkq.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, the logo itself is missing something. I don't know if it's the lack of an outline so the pieces seem separated, but something just isn't finished. The Jerseys look great though. Gonna be interested to see how this goes.

Vgoo2VX.png

I was (and still am) a bit torn on this team. I was actually a pretty big fan of this team growing up (relatively so, anyway), so designing a huge departure from their funky original identity was bittersweet. Decided to rev up the red to a more "fire red". Definitely wanted to simplify the logo and make it less of an acid trip to look at, but still trying to decide if what I ended up with is oversimplified.

9ynZqeP.png

Went for a wordmark that was more legible and simpler than the original.

tMYCvrV.png

Rhein's uniform sets. Thoughts on the Fire?

For Rhein, I would just have the flame without the R. The pant legs should have a flame design a la the 1984 Arizona Wranglers of the USFL.

When you do Frankfurt, I think they would be okay with just a touch up of the original logo.

When you do the London Monarchs, their original logo is perfect as is, but I would like to see your take with the original blue, gold and red colors.

When you do Amsterdam, the orange ribbons around the shield could be simplified, and green can easily be phased out to just have blue and orange.

Archived