NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Nike has got to go. They need to stick to shoes and regular clothing because this is downright ridiculous. Them and their plasticrap. If you like this stuff, then you like it. To each their own but honestly, enough is enough. In my opinion, this Buccaneers Practical Joke... cough cough cough rebrand should face the same fate as the 1991 49ers Helmet. As for the Jaguars, their new look is okay. It is better than what it replaced, even though that isn't saying a whole lot. Their helmets look like they were accidentally delivered to a Day Care and all the kids got into the package and smeared crap all over the helmets. It's sad but that's what it looks like to me. In my opinion, Nike has just ruined the NFL. The fonts are hideous, the plasticrap collars are atrocious eyesores, even on the best of jerseys and the designs themselves, my god, what is this world coming too? The Buccaneers' last uniforms weren't bad at all. Even though I personally much prefer Bucco Bruce and the Creamsicle jerseys, their last uniforms were quite decent. They were simple and the color scheme actually worked quite well. Now they have reflective alarm clock numbers. Who comes up with this stuff? I think the NFL is bad with Nike designing their uniforms. I looked at some of the current Collage Football jerseys and I can't get over just how bad this has become. I get it, people want to try new things and, the players prefer lighterweight jerseys, however, they do all this and the idea of a decent, simple uniform goes right out the window. How about the last Pro-Bowl Jerseys? Don't get me started on those. How about the oversized helmet logos? Then there's serifed numbers for the Vikings, weird piping for the Seahawks and coming soon, the Cleveland Browns. How about those Dolphins? Their logo that they have had forever now looks like a airline corporation logo. The uniforms are simple and the lighter teal is an improvement but come on, they failed their redesign as well. Back to the Browns, I'll say it first, their new look will be a disaster. I could be wrong but, I highly doubt that will be the case. What's wrong with their look? It's simple, the color scheme is unique and I think they're quite nice. Anyway, that's my rant and if you do disagree with me, that's fine. I know that the world is a big place and people have many different tastes but nevertheless, I feel the same way towards Nike as Minnesota hockey fans feel towards Norm Green. Nike sucks!

I don't think Nike is really half-assing it. They've designed 5 new NFL uniforms in the past 3 years. Two of them happen to look similar...and it's "OMG NIKE F****** SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile, if you look at the other three teams, they all have distinct designs... And I wouldn't say the Jags and Bucs are "bland" by any means. If you want bland...look at the Saints - a classic look, but absolutely no advanced design.

If the Browns have uniforms that look like Jacksonville and Tampa, then BraveBird might have an argument.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why does Jacksonville keep getting a pass from neck to toe?

I seriously don't understand wtf the point is of the angular/shiny shapes on the shoulders, together with the fill-tool cap sleeves. The numbers are overly designed to the point that they should've just gone with a standard block font, and the color blocking isn't very friendly to the eyes either. It seems as though people are trying to find some sort of silver lining because of those :censored:ty helmets.

do they get a pass from neck to toe? I think the prevailing sentiment is that with a decent helmet, they wouldn't be that bad. It's not really "praise" or a "pass", it's just trying to find something to not hate in what is a godsawful uniform. Obviously you will find some people who legitimately do like it, but I think for the most part, you aren't hearing "I like the uniform just not the helmet."

stuff

Yeah... nobody read that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's crazy that the Eagles changed. I really liked their shiny uniform on the traditional template. I'm afraid how the green will look when it's "flat". They already had sweat issues to begin with, but I fear it'll be really bad with the Nike uniform.

The flywire® actually kind of fits with their uniform, however the fact that so many other teams use it and it's not unique makes it a downgrade. The funky collar shape sucks too.

If the green pants are now flat and not shiney, then they will really have crapped on a very nice football uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Blah blah blah

Yeah... nobody read that.

Exactly. Now back to Tampa Bay unis I'll admit very very edgy and far from traditional! Bad..Yeah umm..I can see why. But I like em trolling aside for the fact that its different. Jaguars ditto. Sure it should be more traditional or reserved for a special 2x a season alternate. But oh well. Still Nike fan boy.

shado_logo.gif

It's not just Nike. They may have started the trend but all brands are doing it now. It's really not necessarily about design anymore, it's about drawing attention and getting people to talk. Good, bad or indifferent, as long as they are getting people to talk about it. That's what they want.

The Bucs need to get rid of the black spray paint on the helmets, the font, and the chrome. They weren't as horrible as I thought. My JAGS on the other hand need to go with all black helmets and outline the shoulder numbers and NOB the same as the front and back numbers and they would have a great set.

It's not just Nike. They may have started the trend but all brands are doing it now. It's really not necessarily about design anymore, it's about drawing attention and getting people to talk. Good, bad or indifferent, as long as they are getting people to talk about it. That's what they want.

So your saying lets close this and all other threads about new football uniforms :P

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I don't think Nike is really half-assing it. They've designed 5 new NFL uniforms in the past 3 years. Two of them happen to look similar...and it's "OMG NIKE F****** SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nike IS half-assing it...just look at college football. Nike just gave three teams (Arkansas, Washington, Oklahoma) identical, random, colored mesh inserts on the chest and provided three different BS reasons behind them.

Also, I could design 5 new NFL uniforms that look better than Nike's in 3 DAYS, so don't give us that BS.

The Bucs need to get rid of the black spray paint on the helmets, the font, and the chrome. They weren't as horrible as I thought. My JAGS on the other hand need to go with all black helmets and outline the shoulder numbers and NOB the same as the front and back numbers and they would have a great set.

It's not quite spray paint...its pretty much this stuff:

00346830-782243_500.jpg

The Eagles looked a lot worse than in the past, as expected. The charcoal on the numbers looks darker, also. The key will be how the home jerseys look. I imagine they wouldn't have made the change unless Nike was able to replicate their shade of green, but Nike also "replicated" the Jets' green across three different shades. If nothing else, the Eagles will have improved performance via the gigantic neck holes inside the silly collars. I think the players will run faster when their shoulder pads are exposed, or something.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived