NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

Without the silly black shading, the Bucs helmet is one of the better helmets in the league. The large flag actually works better than the smaller flag.

And the numbers should be three colors instead of four - red, outlined in orange and black. Just like the prior set.

I wish this were true but the flag looks awful at that size especially since the logo is awful as well.

You really should not let things grow on you because sometimes it is hard to get them off. ;)

I disagree, and I'm quite happy that your opinion is not my opinion.

I agree I like it, I love how people write their opinions as if it was a fact. Also they no longer have those black stripes on the helmet.

My opinion is a fact because it is my opinion nothing fictional about it besides it was just a lighthearted comment no malice in it whatsoever.

All I typed was I wish it were true the helmet looked better but I cannot say that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Texans, Eagles, Titans and Falcons all appear really dated to me. Wouldn't mind seeing one or all of them getting a Nike facelift.

The Texans look is fine. I believe them to be one of those few franchises to get their entire identity right the FIRST time. No need to change.

As for the other teams... I really wouldn't care either way. But if they do change, don't go overboard.

Yeah I like the Texans the only thing I would change is the socks problem they have when wearing the blue pants.

The Falcons could use an update for sure never liked the piping on the pants but I am afraid of what we would be subjected too.

I would love an update to the old Eagles uniform of the past just really loved their look when I was kid.

Titans look ok & could use a change but I really have not liked much of anything Nike has done lately.

They haven't grown on me. If anything I think they've gotten worse. At the beginning I was looking for things to like. Now I can't find anything I don't hate. I guess the pirate ship logo isn't the worst logo in the history of sports?

An orange jersey exists? Oh good god that'll be an atrocity. I hope they use red digital alarm clock numbers on that orange jersey just to achieve the maximum amount of terrible.

Just when you thought they couldn't get worse......

I agree with you 100% as this uniform keeps getting worse!

spacer.png

It's pretty amazing that the "gloves that make a kewl design when you put your hands together in a very specific way that nobody ever does except in promo shots to explicitly show off the gloves" fad has stuck around.

Meh, outside the bottom of cleats that's the least offensive area for anything. If they go back to pre logo glove designs someone will call it "gfgs"

Also can we pleassssseeeee stop using the term "kewl". You don't like modern, we get it. Can whoever uses this phrase on here all the time please find a different word/phrase?

And as for tb, I'm usually a fan of the "leotard" look but the red contrast in socks are a must for the pewter pants. Makes it look a lot better.

I have seen the Buccaneers' facemask labeled as chrome a few times, but I disagree.

mem-13-bluegraychrome-2-620x931.jpg

This is basically how a perfect bengals uniforms would look. Get'r done Nike.

Or if the Bengals and Lions are ever forced to merge and form a "Ligers" franchise. ;)

Naturally Uncle Rico will be starting at QB...

I have seen the Buccaneers' facemask labeled as chrome a few times, but I disagree.

This is basically how a perfect bengals uniforms would look. Get'r done Nike.

Or if the Bengals and Lions are ever forced to merge and form a "Ligers" franchise. ;)

Naturally Uncle Rico will be starting at QB...

If they play him in the 4th quarter they'll win the super bowl

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

These helmets and facemasks are chrome. Chrome has a truly reflective properly about it almost like a mirror.

Kansas facemask

Kansas-Crimson-Chrome-Uniforms.jpg

Okie State facemask

Oklahoma-State-CI.jpg

Memphis chrome lid

Washington chrome lid

washington-huskies-gold-chrome-football-

Sparty chrome lid

2012-nike-michigan-state-football-chrome

In contrast, the Buccaneers have more of a brushed silver metallic finish on their facemask. The mask does not pick up the contrast extremes of the lighting because it reflects less and has a more muted finish. It is still shiny silver, but it does not have the mirror-like finish.

nfl_bucs12_1296x729.jpg

EP-140929186.jpg

In fact, it is much more similar to these helmet applications. Oklahoma facemask:

usp_ncaa_football__oklahoma_at_west_virg

Miss State facemask

msuunis2.jpeg

Ohio State lid finish

20130928_ajw_aw3_374.0.jpg

Good collection of face mask finishes there. I believe what HGI is doing is painting the mask the same way they paint the shells using their Hydroskin finish (which is something between traditional satin and gloss) over a metallic paint.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So I was watching the E:60 Richard Sherman and at one point a fan was giving him a green Seahawks helmet to autograph. I wasn't able to get a screen shot but I'm 95% sure that's what I saw. Does anyone know about anything it?

GO NETS.

So I was watching the E:60 Richard Sherman and at one point a fan was giving him a green Seahawks helmet to autograph. I wasn't able to get a screen shot but I'm 95% sure that's what I saw. Does anyone know about anything it?

Most likely a fan created it.

Chuckling to myself. I keep wanting to read that as "Poopy logos..." Sorry - no disrespect intended.

It's where I sit.

<p>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2775664/NFL-turn-poppy-power-Wembley-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Dallas-Cowboys-clash-honours-Remembrance-Sunday.html

• Poppy logos on uniforms and helmets for Rememberance Day when the Jags play the Cowboys at Wembley

Reminds me about last year. People actually thought the Jags would be shieldless for the London game because "jag" is slang in the UK. What a silly thing to assume. I know it wasn't in the style guide, but anyone with a lick of sense should have known it was an error.

Archived