RedmondOrbit's NFL Redesign - Take Two (26/32 - Cardinals added)

RO_

Finished Teams:

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Chicago Bears

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

Minnesota Vikings

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

New York Giants

New York Jets

Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

Hey everyone, I'm back to take another stab at my NFL redesign. I have a new template I'll be using, and it seemed appropriate to start a new thread, rather than continue the old one seven pages deep with tons of broken links. Speaking of templates and why it's been a while..

I was not aware that the template I was using last time wasn't up for public use, and I felt pretty foolish for using it as long as I did. I contacted Matt to apologize, and he was really nice about the whole situation. Around that time school was drawing to a close, so I thought it best to shelve the concepts for a while and focus on finals. Now school's out, and I'm incredibly bored. So in between working on other design projects I've been working on concepts again. If you followed my last thread the first few teams will look familiar.

This first post will also feature links to all the teams as they're posted so you don't have to dig around as much. I also wanted to thank Matt Willcox for making this template, Bucksfan5 for converting it .psd, and Conrad for the fonts. You all do great work. And a big thank you to everyone who followed my last thread and gave me feedback. I was floored by all the great feedback I got and it was really flattering. I hope I don't disappoint this time around.

Okay, that's enough talk. My next post will have the first batch of teams.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This first post features four of the five teams that have recently gotten the Nike treatment. I took the general idea Nike had with them and put my spin on it. Forgot to mention, I'm sticking with my rules from the last thread (one helmet, up to three jerseys, pants, and socks). I also will only be posting combos I think the team should wear. So say goodbye to the Vikings' mono purple.

Jacksonville Jaguars:

DPxZBCi.jpg

Gsbzznp.jpg

W2kJuT7.jpg

Miami Dolphins:

2Qws2vm.jpg

l9vxMkn.jpg

blkk6gH.jpg

Minnesota Vikings:

aKMFUOC.jpg

zJNTK8y.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

44LZuiX.jpg

FJdgf7p.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I really love the Vikings current font. I'm missing those on the uni's. That would be my only complaint for them.

Dolphins are pretty nice. Not a complete fan of their new font, but I can deal with it. It's a lot better than their currents but to me that's not saying much.

Jaguars are good. It's seems to be missing something though. I like how their new uni's are modern and sharp that fits their font. I think you have a nice design, but it's kind of boring for what you can do for the Jaguars I think.

Bucs are good, only complaint again though is the font. Kind of slim. Might be hard to read from a afar.

I like Jacksonville, Miami's sleeve stripes could probably be lowered a bit. I like Tampa Bay's look. The sleeves are much better than the actual jerseys. A different number could help make it better, but it's already a step ahead of the real numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

All four are HUGE improvements over the teams' current looks. The only suggestions I have would be, for the Jags, to add small white strokes to the top and bottom of the sleeve stripes to match the pants stripes. And maybe even use that pattern on the pants. And for the Bucs I would make the numbers a little less condensed.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks everyone! I'll respond team by team:

Vikings: I could go either way on the number font. I like it with the serifs, and I also think it looks pretty good without them too.

Dolphins: I agree that the sleeve stripes could be lowered a bit. Their font is kinda wonky, but as a Dolphins fan I have grown to like it (or maybe it's just Stockholm Syndrome).

Bucs: The font seems to be the big issue here. I liked this one because it's pretty close to their new wordmark. It is pretty thin (I already widened it a bit, the original font is even thinner). I'll widen it more, that's a quick fix.

Jags: My idea with this one was to combine elements from their new identity with their original one. The sleeve and pant stripes from their first set didn't match so I thought it might work here. I tried staying away from truncated or asymmetrical pant striping since I found myself using those in a lot of my concepts.

I have some more teams ready, I'll post a couple more in a bit, and work on some updates for these teams. Thanks again!

Not feeling the Bears. Their current look is just too classic and too good. If you want to add some consistency I would go with solid orange sleeve stripes on home and road, but that's as far as I would go, personally.

Steelers look great though! Basic Northwestern stripes fit much better on the ever-shrinking sleeves.

I agree that the Bears' set is pretty classic. One of my goals for these redesigns is to change at least something about every team, and teams like the Bears can be a challenge to improve upon. Thanks for the feedback!

Here are two more teams, they're a little more modern than the last couple:

Carolina Panthers:

Home:

VzXXXpq.jpg

Away:

Jd6f5hg.jpg

Alt:

o9UXzJ1.jpg

Dallas Cowboys:

Light:

G1mICPC.jpg

Dark:

RcUzXCy.jpg

Before my last thread ended, I had finished the Browns and Falcons. I'm going to hold off on those two for a bit, as my Falcons set needs some improvement, and I'm currently working on a new primary logo for the Browns. In the meantime I'm not sure who to tackle next so if you have any suggestions feel free to throw them at me. As always, thanks for checking these out.

Love the Panthers. No complaints.

I like the idea you have going with the Cowboys. I really like the design, and I think the royal blue accents work. I'm not feeling the 2 navys and 3 different silvers, though. They're not different enough to warrant using all of them.

I was a huge fan of your original series, and I'm glad to see that you're back with more concepts.

This isn't a knock on you, but I think that new template is hideous. The problem is that in real life, all the panels are the same color, and it just looks strange to see all those differently-colored panels on the back.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I was a huge fan of your original series, and I'm glad to see that you're back with more concepts.

This isn't a knock on you, but I think that new template is hideous. The problem is that in real life, all the panels are the same color, and it just looks strange to see all those differently-colored panels on the back.

Actually not all the panels are the same color...

ndamukong_suh_2012_11_18.jpgsweatbox.png82826762.jpg

JeKhnr9.png

Dang, I really wish the Cowboys would incorporate some of what you did into their unis! That's dope.

-not a redskins fan. My initials are RG and I live in Michigan, and love Trey Burke.

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

Actually not all the panels are the same color...

ndamukong_suh_2012_11_18.jpgsweatbox.png82826762.jpg

That's just due to sweat, in real life before they are worn they are all the same color

Archived