Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) Branding

EJ_Barlik

Seriously, I'd love a show of hands around here for designers who have done a team identity for a startup football league, only to have said league crumble either in mid-season or to never take the field.

I'll bet we have a great number of designers whose work has at some point in their careers fallen into that category - it's true for me with the Spring Football League.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really dont know how anyone can say, "hey you know what would be a great business/investment idea? a minor American football league in America. and with games in the fall".

Didn't Donald Trump try to do the exact same :censored: with the USFL? That worked out well, didn't it???

Is UFL still alive and kickin'? No? That's a shame.

Kristopher Bazen
Kris Bazen Creative
www.www.krisbazen.com

Twitter: @krisbazen

Dribbble: dribbble.com/krisbazen

And now....the Florida Blacktips (???) That name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue... At least the logo is, well, kinda fierce:

Bub62yaIgAAMd23.jpg

I don't like the shading inside the word. And I think the shark's tail(?) could use some cleanup.....

Here is the new logo for the league. It's better than the first one, but reminds me of the already defunct A11FL for some reason:

611_1406828312.jpg

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Both logos we've seen so far actually have potential, but both feel like they're a couple of drafts away from actually being finished. The front half of this shark logo I really like, but the back half feels like just randomly colored shapes.

Oh well it's all moot anyway because this league is never gonna play a down.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this for them. They may not last a season, but they have at least put some thought and some money into hiring legitimate branding experts. So far there are 3 teams and the league logo revealed and none of them are clipart, none are cheap and none are ridiculous team names with -zz on the end instead of -s or bizarre combinations like ForestSharks.

The A11FL had that, too. From the same graphic designer, no less.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At least the FXFL is naming some investors. That is a good sign. They might actually make it onto the field. If they make it past a 6-game exhibition season, that would be a major step, but just making it to the field once is an impossibility for a lot of these startup leagues.

Boston, Brookly, Miami, and... ...Omaha? One of these things is not like the others.

It would seem to me that you'd either want to go with big markets and try and get their overflow, or small/mid markets with no NFL competition, but not really a mix of both. Also, not having a single team that's geographically separated by the others by so much. Are there going to be more central / western teams?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived