World Baseball Cup

raysox

Hey guys, I made some updates.

• Changed the venues to New York cause Philadelphia couldn't work
  • Shortened the dialogue on the actual event post, because I don't want to bore everyone with random player names and weak recaps of games.
  • Venezuela and Puerto Rico have different script logos

So now I'm gonna start working on 1957. Please comment and stuff.

I hope you did not give up on this concept...

• 6 months later...

Actually! I'm planning bringing this back! The stories were too long, the template and layout sucked, and I didn't plan it very well.

BUT I thought about it and planned it out where I know exactly what players will be on the jerseys. Then I redrew my template.

https://twitter.com/michaeldanger19/status/561327195029663744

Looks much better, yes? Look for it after my World Ice Hockey federation finishes up, and another secret project. Maybe after WIHF. But it's coming soon.

Awesome work... can't think of a criticism for anything so far. I love all the logos and uniforms. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the pullover era. I also hope cities that don't have two stadiums can get a shot at hosting this.

Yeah well this summer when I start back up again you'll see. I think the 3rd one is just held in the country,and after that it's pretty spread out. Tampa/Miami host one, and Montreal/Toronto host one too.

Also don't even think I won't give the Dutch an all orange pull over.

Yeah well this summer when I start back up again you'll see. I think the 3rd one is just held in the country,and after that it's pretty spread out. Tampa/Miami host one, and Montreal/Toronto host one too.

YES, all orange for the Netherlands was one of the first thing I thought of when I thought of the double knit era!

Here's to hoping Milwaukee gets to host this at some point... perhaps in 2001, when both Miller Park and County Stadium were still standing.

Dreamsicle orange? I can dream...

Fear the future, envy the past

Actually! I'm planning bringing this back! The stories were too long, the template and layout sucked, and I didn't plan it very well.

BUT I thought about it and planned it out where I know exactly what players will be on the jerseys. Then I redrew my template.

https://twitter.com/michaeldanger19/status/561327195029663744

Looks much better, yes? Look for it after my World Ice Hockey federation finishes up, and another secret project. Maybe after WIHF. But it's coming soon.

It looks better, by the way back in the 50's Panama had a professional that competed against Cuba, Puerto Rico & Venezuela in the Caribbean Series. The Philippines also had a better baseball program than it does now.

BUT I thought about it and planned it out where I know exactly what players will be on the jerseys. Then I redrew my template.https://twitter.com/michaeldanger19/status/561327195029663744

It looks better, by the way back in the 50's Panama had a professional team that competed against Cuba, Puerto Rico & Venezuela in the Caribbean Series. The Philippines also had a better baseball program than it does now.

NewEnglandAmazins speaks the truth. Back in the 50's, a lot of countries that aren't big in baseball now had teams, mainly in Europe. It hadn't quite spread to Asia yet but The Philippines, along with small Anglophone islands in the pacific had baseball programs. Believe it or not, US Virgin Islands had a development level squad that produced some MLB players in the 60s and 50s.

Fear the future, envy the past

BUT I thought about it and planned it out where I know exactly what players will be on the jerseys. Then I redrew my template.https://twitter.com/michaeldanger19/status/561327195029663744

It looks better, by the way back in the 50's Panama had a professional team that competed against Cuba, Puerto Rico & Venezuela in the Caribbean Series. The Philippines also had a better baseball program than it does now.
NewEnglandAmazins speaks the truth. Back in the 50's, a lot of countries that aren't big in baseball now had teams, mainly in Europe. It hadn't quite spread to Asia yet but The Philippines, along with small Anglophone islands in the pacific had baseball programs. Believe it or not, US Virgin Islands had a development level squad that produced some MLB players in the 60s and 50s.

yeah Panama is definately in the cards in the near future of these project.

Archived