Chris Creamer Logo Concept (Website Mockup added)

breakfast

I was staring at Chris Creamer's logo, and honestly its pretty rad, and I figured since I'm just doing a concept logo I went oh hell, may as well try a concept logo for the forum it's for! Without further ado mockup 1.0

On the left is my concept for the logo and the right is the obvious current one.

1_zps71a91830.gif

Thoughts?

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's to busy with the blue, to be honest. I like where you're headed with the one color -- maybe something more subtle like a two-tone red scheme would work better? There's something a bit '90's' about the current logo, so I'm definitely interested to see where this goes.

Feels like the C isn't centered properly. And yeah, it needs another colour to contrast the red.

I was thrown off by how off-center the C is in the current logo when I was tracing it for The Creamer Awards. This version is a bit better, in my opinion. I think it's going to be difficult to make it appear centered without throwing off the balance, to be honest.

did you alter the star? might just be an illusion but the star seems like the bottom points are short. a darker blue will be better and kill the vibration going on with the colors, it's just really "loud" right now. i dont think you need a stroke on the "C", but the outermost stroke needs to be thicker. no dainty, girly strokes on sports logos :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think it's to busy with the blue, to be honest. I like where you're headed with the one color -- maybe something more subtle like a two-tone red scheme would work better? There's something a bit '90's' about the current logo, so I'm definitely interested to see where this goes.

Feels like the C isn't centered properly. And yeah, it needs another colour to contrast the red.

I was thrown off by how off-center the C is in the current logo when I was tracing it for The Creamer Awards. This version is a bit better, in my opinion. I think it's going to be difficult to make it appear centered without throwing off the balance, to be honest.

I agree, I felt like with Black, Red, Blue and Gray in his current logo it was too busy. thus my reasoning for one color. Two tone red might be the best shot, that completely escaped me, and honestly, if you were to measure as best possible that C is dead center on top of the star and leaf...

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

did you alter the star? might just be an illusion but the star seems like the bottom points are short. a darker blue will be better and kill the vibration going on with the colors, it's just really "loud" right now. i dont think you need a stroke on the "C", but the outermost stroke needs to be thicker. no dainty, girly strokes on sports logos :)

The star was not altered actually, its a standard star shape from illustrator modified point selection of course so its not that ugly fat one. I went with a darker blue on update 3.0 but the stroke on the "C" is so you can see it obviously, I tried without a stroke and lost it in the art, but that is just me.

3_zps0db6782c.gif

Personally I've fallen in love with the two tone red but thats just me.

I really like the top right on the latest update, good job with this! I agree, I would like to hear Chris's input; I'm 99% sure he wouldn't want to change since the current one is so iconic (to us), but it'd be fun to know what he thinks.

i really really like the 3rd update, 1st row to the left

Agreed. These are all cool, but

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Got the point, but this is a concept, he is 99.9% sure is not going to update it to my concept, so you can calm down. 24 point font got the point across just the same if you were to do 12.

Archived