USMNT Secondary Logo Concept

GMS1122

I love the "Don't Tread on Me" aspect of the US Men's Soccer identity system. This is just my take on it. I always thought there could be a way to incorporate a flag pattern to the scaling on the snake, just never quite knew how to pull it off, and still it's not perfect, but I figured I would share to get some other eyes on it.

I welcome any comments or criticism! Hope you like it.

DontTreadSnake.png

It would make a great poster, and I would probably want to make it my desktop image if I wasn't having trouble keeping an image there. But I don't see where it would fit in on a kit. The snake is a bit too detailed, and there's no obvious border where a surrounding design would stop.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

What is this meant to be: a new crest? T-shirt design?

I like it, but that would help inform further comments, for me at least.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Thanks for the comments so far everyone...

I envisioned this design living mainly on promotions, apparel, websites etc...not so much of a crest/primary logo concept. If the response is positive enough, I am actually considering getting shirts printed with the design before the World Cup kicks off, so it's funny that some of you mentioned that.

Also, to clarify, the background and slight texture overlaying the design is meant simply as a presentation style, and low-level theft deterrent. In the next day or two I'll flesh out some different options and uses to show.

I would maybe trying a rounder font, to go with the curve of the snake. And I'd like to see what a bottom jaw would look like for the snake. Something makes it look like it's opening it's mouth, about to strike.

I agree with these, especially since the snake doesn't have his tongue out. (Can a snake have his mouth open and teeth showing with his tongue out?)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Yeah I'd agree with everyone saying your problem is in the font not to sure if you need to change the Snake to an open mouth but either way I'd wear the crap out of this on a t shirt

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

I'm going to give a go at the lower jaw this afternoon. However, there's something about the poised, waiting, ready look that a snake gives off before a strike that I think really fits what I'm going for here. We'll see if I can make it work.

I'll do some type exploration as well. The type currently being used is a variation of the number/nameplate font that the team is using in their current kits.

Thanks again for the comments!

I'm thinking the font is better, but not feeling the jaw personally.

Seconded. I think the Jaw takes away from the sleekness of the snake. Really digging the "us" vs "US" play I've always been a big fan of that

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Every time I look at that snake I want it for my baseball team on the boards! I like how he's ready to jump on top of whoever is in his way. Place a shield behind him and have him wrap around it. I want to say use the current crest minus the US and change the soccer ball. Can't think of what else would help though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Every time I look at that snake I want it for my baseball team on the boards! I like how he's ready to jump on top of whoever is in his way. Place a shield behind him and have him wrap around it. I want to say use the current crest minus the US and change the soccer ball. Can't think of what else would help though.

Now THAT sounds really good.

That's what- She

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it is really appreciated.

After going back and forth on the lower jaw, I decided I like the look without it much better. I also decided to use a similar lighter blue that the team went with for the final incarnation of the design, which I've also worked to have printed in time for the World Cup. They can be purchased here: http://erie-apparel.com/products/usa-don-t-tread-on-us-tee (i apologize if self promotion is an issue, I'm glad to remove the link from my post. Not sure about the forum guidelines on that)

DontTreadSnake-FINAL_1.jpg?100

Archived