KC Royals Logo/Uniform Concept

BigRed618

I had this idea in my head for a long time, and this is just my newest version of that idea...

kc_Royals.png

The first thing you may notice is the new primary I made. The shield is now shaped like a heart. I thought this would be a way to pay homage to the KC Monarchs of the old Negro Leagues, as well as a way to stand out from other sports logos. The heart also has some regal connotations on its own. Anyone who's ever played poker would agree with me. I also got a little creative with the uniforms. The powder blue road uniforms are back, the home hats have white bills, and the numbers on the front have crowns on them. It's just a bunch of weird but cool ideas I had mixed together. C&C appreciated. Let me know if there's anything else I can do with this.

^^ This.

Plus...

Although I understand the inclusion of the heart (KC is also nicknamed the Heart of America, by the way), I'm not sure it works for baseball. Soccer, perhaps, not baseball. As for the uniforms, I do like the chest stripe, but the crown should be in reverse for the away. It's tough to make out.

That said, I'm not sure the chest stripe works without wordmarks being that small, so maybe try the sleeve patch on the chest and remove the crown from above the number. Maybe? Just a thought.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

N O, NO.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I don't think these work as a full-time look for a baseball team, but they're interesting. I think the white one would be a nice alternate every now and then. Also, the heart feels too random and "cute", maybe add some of those "regal" designs that are featured on a lot of cards. This would also work a lot better as a pullover, although I know a lot of people would be against that. Continue this, this could be awesome.

It's been said previously but the script isn't working for me on the jerseys but that's really the only fault i have with the jerseys. I like the crown above the letters and would work as a Sunday alt faux back or special event jersey a la Tampa Bay only, and again its been suggested before, as a pull over jersey.

pittsburghbanner.jpg

Living in Kansas City, I have to say this is a definite downgrade from their current uniforms. If you want to incorporate the heart, then why not try it as a sleeve patch or something along those lines, instead of the primary logo. Also, the stripes on the uniforms look out of place. You might try the old White Sox look. Furthermore, the white bill on the hat does not look all that great in my opinion. You might try it in powder blue or bring back some of the black in the uniforms or vest style jerseys from the early 2000's. I love the idea and the incorporation of the Monarchs, but it just doesn't look like something that they would wear and the fans would appreciate.

OK, I made an update here, and I tamed them up a bit...

kc_Royals2.png

I tried something interesting here. Notice that there is gold in the home uniform, but no powder blue. There's powder blue on the road uni, but no gold. Other than that, I managed to keep things simple this time. What do you think? Upgrade? Downgrade?

Get rid of the heart and white bills on the home cap.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Most assuredly unique. And while a nice nod to the Negro Leagues, the heart just seems, at the risk of sounding like a chauvinist, too feminine for a Major League Baseball team. Although I consider myself somewhat "old school", one thing I loved about MLB was the colorful uniforms from the 70's and 80's. I saw someone on here comment that the 70's and 80's uniforms were too ugly. I guess because I started watching baseball around 1974, and the uniforms at that time were more colorful with the advent of more and more homes getting color tv sets (yes the first set or 2 I remember my parents having during my childhood were indeed black and white), and I associate a great many happy and carefree memories with that era of my life, I've always had a rather soft spot in my heart for colorful unis. The powder blue look here is awesome. Go figure, a heart looks too "girly" to me, yet powder blue away uniforms don't. I realize I'm a contradiction in terms at times...

I enjoyed checking out this concept! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Archived