Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there is no blue in that leaked logo

The guy that drew the logos posted in here said there wouldn't be blue or black in that logo that leaked. Blue would be used in the alternate logos (like the state one).

Thinking about it, now it would make sense for green and cream to be the primary colors with blue only used as trim. That I could live with. I'm kind of worried about the wordmarks. Using dark green and cream with that cursive script that has been used in so many concepts would look perfect for this franchise, but it doesn;t look like that's where this is headed.

Announcer on TV just officially announced colors will be Green, Cream and Blue. What he said, Green=forests, Cream=Milwaukee aka Cream City and Blue=color of first pro basketball team in Milwaukee apparently and also Lake Michigan

Such BS reasoning.

Hoping this was the announcer's poor attempt at an April Fools joke.

He wasn't joking. He was given info about the logo and colors as the video was finishing. None of the TV announcers had any idea what was going to happen.

JeKhnr9.png

I see where you're coming from. If the entire script were based around the m I'd be rather dissapointed

That's what I was basing my thinking on. That M almost looks too '90s, but I'll try to reserve judgement until we see the package as a whole. But I'll still say the cursive script will be better than whatever they use.

800px-Flag_of_Milwaukee,_Wisconsin.svg.p

Wonder how much this had to do with the addition of blue....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Watching the telecast and seeing some hints on Facebook, I suspected the orange was an April Fool's joke, but WOW! Kudos to the Bucks for doing something fun! They pulled out all the stops to sell this one, and I still wasn't sure until the official unveil.

Then I came here to see the reaction, and you've all moved past the April Fool's joke and onto the leaked logo. Reminds me of the OKC Thunder situation. Once the leak was published here, there was zero interest in the Thunder's PR stuff. Shame on everyone here being so cunning and rational.

RealGM, on the other hand, is probably about to implode...

Seems way too talked about and speculated to be an April Fools Day Joke. Just the Bucks changing colors to sell new merch before the NBA inevitably ships the team to Seattle or something like that.

Idk.

Or that they are a new ownership and want to rebrand as they are going into a new arena in downtown Beer City. Edens & Lasry talked how there wasn't a ton of Bucks gear in the greater Milwaukee area and how it needed to change. (Greater need for a identity).

800px-Flag_of_Milwaukee,_Wisconsin.svg.p

Wonder how much this had to do with the addition of blue....

If the shade they use is close to that,it could be good. I have a feeling blue will be a trim color, with dark green and cream being used the most.

Is that black or navy blue?

This is one of the worst color scheme selections I have ever seen. I'm putting this up there not just with the OKC Thunder but the last Charlotte Bobcats fiasco as well.

I was a big fan of combining the purple and red eras but two tone green and/or cream would have been fine as well. These colors have nothing to do with the Milwaukee Bucks.

And how many teams will this color scheme be confused with? I can think of at least 5-10 off the top of my head.

The "M" logo is also meant to look like a deer's hoof.

"M" logo and announcement date painted on sidewalk outside arena...(images in Twitter links)

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SeeTheFuture?src=hash 4.13.15 http://t.co/l89zWCRAjq

— Jason (@jnatter)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More at http://t.co/QpnZknBYia http://t.co/m0ojc7Dynu

— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JeKhnr9.png

Archived