Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Hmm, seemed like a good sign when the owner's daughter was wearing the cartoon Bango, even if it was on a black shirt.

These guys went with red Bucks gear to pair with their black, so I guess that's a bad sign.

Anything short of double-green will fail, IMO. Seems like it's time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

double green and gold/bronze.

Oh, yeah. A bronze-ish gold looks great with green.

MilwaukeeBucks1.png

In addition to the greens I could see adding a bit of that Bango color as trim. Just not sure what the heck color that is.

b9VOjUB.jpg

Do it.

Hell NO! Purple for the Bucks was just a '90s fad. Let's leave it there.

NO. If this happens, I hope the Bucks lose there franchise.

JK.

But in all seriousness, just go back to double green and red.

*they're
HTown1141, don't be THAT guy. There is no reason to make a post just to correct someone! But... If you do, get it right!

It isn't there, or they're, it is their!!!

With that said I hope for a triple green rainbow Uni with purple trim, numbers and word mark.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

As long as green's the main color, then it'll be okay. The Bucks have never had a bad color scheme or look in my opinion, and I'm hoping that won't change.

Not a fan of the retro logo though, even though I love the Irish Rainbow.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

some said hunters green with blaze orange

WISCONSIN EVERYBODY!

Which makes ZERO sense, because the team is called the Bucks, not the Hunters. It'd be like the Celtics adding orange, because Ireland.

But the reasoning was Lakers purple + Celtics green, right? Not sure that's the way to go.

Nah, when Mike Dunleavy took over as GM he changed the logo & added purple, 'cause his kids told him it was a "cool" colour.

Just one more reason why he should never be in charge of an NBA team...

A link to an article in this mornings paper...looks like there will definitely be some changes. I really don't think anything drastic needs to be done. A complete change in color scheme is completely unnecessary. If anything, leave it alone or just get rid of the red and go back to triple green. Just give the fans what they want which is RETRO. Seems to have worked fine for the Brewers.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/261291881.html

NO. If this happens, I hope the Bucks lose there franchise.

JK.

But in all seriousness, just go back to double green and red.

There....where?

And how can the Bucks lose THEIR franchise? It would still be the same franchise. MILWAUKEE would lose it's franchise. :therock:

Anyways. I don't mind the Bucks current color scheme. It is unique, but the way it's executed is just bad. I'd be happy with a re-do using the current colors, but my first choice would be the irish rainbow, with a third choice being green/purple.

sig.png

A link to an article in this mornings paper...looks like there will definitely be some changes. I really don't think anything drastic needs to be done. A complete change in color scheme is completely unnecessary. If anything, leave it alone or just get rid of the red and go back to triple green. Just give the fans what they want which is RETRO. Seems to have worked fine for the Brewers.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/261291881.html

Thanks for the article. I doubt there will be changes for 14/15 but I can see changes for the 15/16 season.

Jaguars

I like the rainbow stripe unis with red trim, but I associate the all green rainbow uni set with Herb Kohl (purple too, puke), who dropped the red in ’85 when he purchased the Bucks. I voted just once for the last choice :) :

ScreenShot2014-06-01at123604AM_zps50cbca

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

OK, call me crazy, but how about Brown and light tan?

I'd love to see a sports team wear that. But I personally think the Irish Rainbows are too good not to use.

But maybe when Milwaukee gets a pro soccer team. The Ales.

The Black and Tans. Blacks and Tans?

I don't think the uniforms/colors/logos will change for a couple of years. First off, it takes a while for the league to approve such a thing, and second of all, the new owners have a lot more pressing issues and needs to attend to, including building a new arena that their ownership literally hinges on.

With that being said, I'm all in for the irish rainbows. If they don't go down that path, then I've always thought that green and silver is a nice, clean combination.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

But the reasoning was Lakers purple + Celtics green, right? Not sure that's the way to go.

Nah, when Mike Dunleavy took over as GM he changed the logo & added purple, 'cause his kids told him it was a "cool" colour.

Just one more reason why he should never be in charge of an NBA team...

So it seems. I knew it was Dunleavy, but I thought he brought in purple because of his "winning" history with the Lakers. Maybe that was just a CCSLC legend... or all in my head.

All I found was exactly what you said, on bucks.com:

Perhaps no single person was more instrumental in the push for new uniforms, colors and logo than Bucks Vice President of Basketball Operations and then-Head Coach Mike Dunleavy. One of Dunleavy's first thoughts upon signing an eight-year contract on May 12, 1992 was to upgrade the image of the club's uniforms ... to instill pride among the players and make them feel good about carrying Milwaukee's colors in front of a national audience. Green was retained as a link to past accomplishments. Purple was introduced as a contrasting color and one that, while currently in vogue, will stand the test of time. Silver provides a perfect accent and serves to highlight the deep, rich hues found in the forest green and purple. A number of color combinations were tested before the final combination became reality. Dunleavy even scoured Milwaukee-area department stores with his three sons, to get a feel as to how the youth market reacts.

So maybe if it wasn't purple added, it would have been teal. :)

Archived