Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Do the Bucks pay you to be their CCSLC hypeman? I'm going to explore serving in this role for the glorious Oakland Raiders.

Haha! I wish, though that would be a great idea on both counts! Like an Internet Liaison or something like that!

packchampionslfroh.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, only 4! But that is pretty......Awesome!!!! It's a first in the NBA and maybe in basketball! It's been done in football and hockey, easier to repaint and resurface those than to repaint and lacquer a court, so this is going to be a different court all together. These things aren't cheap either, so this will probably be the court that moves into the new building or become the back up one. The Bucks are showing when you go all out, you go all out! I'm very impressed by what they are doing here in Milwaukee!!! #OwnTheFuture

Who ever knew the Bucks could be trendsetters? I guarantee many other teams will start with the alternate courts now.

BFBS.

Sigh.

Well, black is actually on the new color palette.

Clearly added to sell merchandise. Which is the very definition of BFBS.

Don't get me wrong; I love the design as a whole. And I don't even mind black trim and some black merch - the Bucks have had that going way back. But as bad as a black uniform is, a black-themed court seems wrong to me. You have a gorgeous color scheme, boys. Don't sell it short for a little attention.

BFBS.

Sigh.

Well, black is actually on the new color palette.

Clearly added to sell merchandise. Which is the very definition of BFBS.

Don't get me wrong; I love the design as a whole. And I don't even mind black trim and some black merch - the Bucks have had that going way back. But as bad as a black uniform is, a black-themed court seems wrong to me. You have a gorgeous color scheme, boys. Don't sell it short for a little attention.

Well, since they do have this great color scheme and new court, what's to say we won't get a Court draped in Lake Michigan blue, or a.......wait for it.....cream city brick pattern around the perimeter. The possibilities are endless with this whole scheme and arrangement.

Alternates can be swapped every 2 or so years as long as everything else remains untouched. This is an exciting time to be a Bucks fan!!!

packchampionslfroh.png

If you aren't getting some sweet cash out of this, you are doing it very wrong.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They said they're leasing the court. Does that mean they're leasing it from someone, or that they will lease it to people?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, only 4! But that is pretty......Awesome!!!! It's a first in the NBA and maybe in basketball! It's been done in football and hockey, easier to repaint and resurface those than to repaint and lacquer a court, so this is going to be a different court all together. These things aren't cheap either, so this will probably be the court that moves into the new building or become the back up one. The Bucks are showing when you go all out, you go all out! I'm very impressed by what they are doing here in Milwaukee!!! #OwnTheFuture

NBA employee here. While you're right that completely different designs, most teams actually have 2 courts. The Charlotte Hornets, for instance, have a "local TV" court and a "national TV court." The only difference is sponsor names in the aprons, but they are entirely different courts. Of course, they haven't had a national TV game since the rebrand, so no one would notice this.

Haha to everyone. I just might look into that. I'll take 3 demerits instead admiral. It could be either way. I just know that the main court cost the Bucks $15,000 only because the NBA mandated that all courts have shock absorbers on them. So they foot most of the bill for every team in the league. Plus they had to pay for the rest of it! The paint, stain, and labor.

packchampionslfroh.png

That court design is weak. A completely unpainted in-bounds look with a tiny centercourt logo and awkwardly positioned buck heads with their mouth cut off.

That's the one issue I have...it seems like that center court logo should be much bigger. I understand that it fits the actual jump circle, but still, they should have made it a lot bigger.

I was actually 100% against the black alternate, until I heard the idea of an alternate court. The BFBS jersey disrupts the flow of the other jerseys, logos, and court... but to make the alternate jersey go with the alternate court almost seems cohesive!

With the alternate court: Black jersey 7/10

Without the alternate court: Black jersey 2.5/10

I was actually 100% against the black alternate, until I heard the idea of an alternate court. The BFBS jersey disrupts the flow of the other jerseys, logos, and court... but to make the alternate jersey go with the alternate court almost seems cohesive!

With the alternate court: Black jersey 7/10

Without the alternate court: Black jersey 2.5/10

Something with black was bound to happen cause no professional team that I know of in Wisconsin uses black

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

Thbbbbt.

I love reading reviews on this.

Here's a paraphrased sample, "Sure it's BFBS...and SURE I'm not sold on the font.....and SURE the armpit stripes make no sense...but overall I really like it!"

I hated the red too man. That's all anyone has to say. No need to tie ones self in knots.

For the record? That's EXACTLY how I sounded coming out of Episode I in 1999.

Like a freight train with stickum

Thbbbbt.

I love reading reviews on this.

Here's a paraphrased sample, "Sure it's BFBS...and SURE I'm not sold on the font.....and SURE the armpit stripes make no sense...but overall I really like it!"

I hated the red too man. That's all anyone has to say. No need to tie ones self in knots.

For the record? That's EXACTLY how I sounded coming out of Episode I in 1999.

star-wars-actor-jake-lloyd-s-tragic-holl

shado_logo.gif

I think the biggest issue I have with the alternate court is the fact that it means they're going to wear black at home.

I know it's only four games, but one game wearing black at home is too many. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when basketball teams wear darks at home (not including the Lakers).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think the biggest issue I have with the alternate court is the fact that it means they're going to wear black at home.

I know it's only four games, but one game wearing black at home is too many. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when basketball teams wear darks at home (not including the Lakers).

I'm fine with it as long as it's color vs. color. I HATE when the visiting team wears white on the road.

I would LOVE to see their BFBS games matchups to look something like this ...

Dec. 9 vs. L.A. Clippers (Red)

Jan. 12 vs. Chicago (Red)

Feb. 22 vs. L.A. Lakers (Yellow)

March 6 vs. Oklahoma City (Orange)

Really the Lakers would be forced to wear their gold home jerseys. I can't see purple vs. black being allowed.

Archived