Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Giannis wearing the old jersey at that horrible missed opportunity called the NBA Africa Game. Not to pile on, but new unis aren't available to purchase until November. Monroe and Middleton didn't even have the new jerseys at their press conference. Is this typical?

All the players were wearing jerseys from last season, not just Giannis, including the Sixers and Raptors.

It's pretty common with teams going through re-brands or getting new uniforms that they don't always have them ready for new/resigned player press conferences.

JeKhnr9.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a "new ownership from out of town is firing a local guy because they think they're big-time now."

Not exactly. Jim Pacshke was and is a major part of the decision. Gus and Marquse Johnson are going to call 20 games this year. Jim is still a full time employee with the Bucks as well as he is the director of TV operations for the team. He coordinates the travel and logistics for the crews that come in off the road.

packchampionslfroh.png

Kind of a "new ownership from out of town is firing a local guy because they think they're big-time now."

Not exactly. Jim Pacshke was and is a major part of the decision. Gus and Marquse Johnson are going to call 20 games this year. Jim is still a full time employee with the Bucks as well as he is the director of TV operations for the team. He coordinates the travel and logistics for the crews that come in off the road.

Sydney Moncrief out at color analyst. Replaced by Marquse Johnson (55 games) and Jon McGlocklin (about 25 games). Jim Pacshke the current play-by-play guy OKed the move to hire Gus and Marquse.

JeKhnr9.png

Pretty far off base. First off, Sid was doing the games Johnny Mac was not. John has been behind the mic for 40 years now and the past several years he has done fewer and fewer games each year. He mostly does home games with the rare road game. Second off, Sid was TERRIBLE as a color announcer. The majority of Bucks fans would agree and having him get gone is a blessing. I think this is John riding off into the sunset.

The last part of all this is they fired Sid, a well respected Buck from the 80's to hire Marques... an equally (if not more) respected Buck from the 80's (who's much better at his job and has had experience with Fox Sports calling college games). The big town guys fired the small town guy who was terrible at his job and hired another small town guy to fill his spot.

Sydney Moncrief out at color analyst. Replaced by Marquse Johnson (55 games) and Jon McGlocklin (about 25 games). Jim Pacshke the current play-by-play guy OKed the move to hire Gus and Marquse.

This is kind of true. Like I noted above, John has been doing games forever, just far less. Marques fills Sid's spot. Then Gus will take 20 games from Jim Paschke. The Bucks have 78 games on Fox Sports this year.

Play-by-play

Jim Paschke - 58 games

Gus Johnson - 20 games

Color

Johnny Mac - 25 games (probably more like 23)

Marques Johnson - 55

My read on this is that they are giving Paschke another year (or so) as well to ride off into the sunset. Gus is on somewhat of a trial and I'm guessing we're going to try and make him our full time guy after next year. In Gus' interviews since the hire he's made some comments about finding a place to stick and maybe that's with the Bucks. Then, after next year... or the year after... I could see our announce team being Johnson and Johnson full time.

Hey! Thanks for posting those! I listened to all of them when they happened. Sounds like everyone is on the same page and are just overall excited about the Bucks and the fans. And the fans are excited too! This is all kinda surreal when I think about it! The Bucks are literally turning into the team people want to be around!

packchampionslfroh.png

• 3 weeks later...

Unveiled at Fan Fest

Alternate jersey and court

CQaD298WwAAqyA7.jpg

Alternate... court?

Yes, alternate court.

As far as BFBS goes, it actually looks pretty solid...and thank the good Lord that the jersey doesn't have sleeves!

bYhYmxh.png

Unveiled at Fan Fest

CQaD298WwAAqyA7.jpg

Alternate... court?

When the state hands you a quarter billion dollars, you can have an alternate court.

I don't know what they're doing with the blue in that alternate uniform. Pretty sure the Bucks don't either. And I like the unconventional number-in-antlers idea.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Unveiled at Fan Fest

CQaD298WwAAqyA7.jpg

Alternate... court?

When the state hands you a quarter billion dollars, you can have an alternate court.

I don't know what they're doing with the blue in that alternate uniform. Pretty sure the Bucks don't either. And I like the unconventional number-in-antlers idea.

I'm A-OK with the idea -- I just hadn't heard of it being done before. Props to their commitment to it.

How many times do they plan on wearing the black at home?

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Unveiled at Fan Fest

CQaD298WwAAqyA7.jpg

Alternate... court?

I'm A-OK with the idea -- I just hadn't heard of it being done before. Props to their commitment to it.

How many times do they plan on wearing the black at home?

Looks like only 4 scheduled so far.

Yeah, only 4! But that is pretty......Awesome!!!! It's a first in the NBA and maybe in basketball! It's been done in football and hockey, easier to repaint and resurface those than to repaint and lacquer a court, so this is going to be a different court all together. These things aren't cheap either, so this will probably be the court that moves into the new building or become the back up one. The Bucks are showing when you go all out, you go all out! I'm very impressed by what they are doing here in Milwaukee!!! #OwnTheFuture

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived