[NOW VOTING] The 2014 NCFA Bowl Game Logo Challenge!

drdougfresh

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, what the heck. Only way to get better, right? Mark me down for at least Beantown, possibly Heart of America.

• Beantown Bowl - Boston, MA
  • Heart of America Bowl - Kansas City, MO

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Wow these are great. Of course, according to reports. Both the Fiesta Bowl and the Orange Bowll lost thier sponsors. The two bowls and ESPN are franticly tryin to locate new sponsors before the start of the 2014 season! So who knows...perhaps one of the persons here might get to design the new logos and sponsorship design for those two bowls! ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Yep, I will only be able to do Beantown Bowl. Even then, I'm having a tough time with it. Very thankful there are still two days.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

The Google Doc has been updated to reflect submissions -- looks like we're about 50% turned in with 1 day left. I'm going to give everyone until 11:59PM PST on the 11th to turn their concepts in to me via PM/email.

Let me know if you have any more questions in the meantime. Awesome work on what's been turned in so far!

Alrighty guys, thanks to all who entered! We've got some really great work in this batch, I'm excited to see who wins out. Time for some voting. Here's how this will work:

Post your top three in a response to this thread. Feel free to leave C&C if you'd like, that's your call. We're voting for the three best logos overall, not per bowl game. The top 3 vote-getters will be adopted as this year's new bowl logos, and will be published in this year's NCFA Yearbook along with a little piece about your work.

Make sure you order your votes as your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd favorites (this will only be used as a tiebreaker). Without further ado, our entries:

Beantown Bowl

BlackBolt3

Jimmy!

jdp

Heart of America Bowl

BrandMooreArt

derschwigg

hurricane1183

Lone Star Bowl

BlackBolt3

BrandMooreArt

derschwigg

Jimmy!

McElroy19

MJwalker45

Obe Vasquez

ramsjetsthunder

Paradise Bowl

BrandMooreArt

Hurricane1183

Obe Vasquez

Pineapple Bowl

mattb6

Obe Vasquez

ramsjetsthunder

TheOneandOnlyMau

Thanks again to all who took the time to enter, and best of luck to our entrants!

1. BrandMooreArt Heart of America Bowl

2. TheOneandOnlyMau Pineapple Bowl

3. BrandMooeArt Paradise Bowl

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1. BrandMooreArt / Paradise Bowl

2. Derschwigg / Lone Star Bowl

3. TheOneandOnlyMau / Pineapple Bowl - I think there's a bit too much detail for its own good, but I really like the overall design of this one.

Archived