Creamer Concept World Cup - PLEASE SUBMIT

raysox

Colombia. Oh well, might as well work something out with cocaine... or a silhouette of Falcao getting tackled by the french amateur that made him miss the World Cup.

Ahem.

One question though, will you put on some rules for the submission ? Something kinda bothered me in your European Tournaments: it's that some concept had a whole designed background and text as explanation, sometimes nearly shadowing the logo concept itself, while others were just the logo thrown out in a white backgound. I personnaly thought at first that you couldn't add text or a background to the concept and made the 3 concepts at the same time with just a plain background, I was kinda surprised when I saw the other submissions (don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify my horrible rankings haha).

I think it could be fair to explain what's ok for the concepts (background, explanation for the elements chosen in the logo and shirts), or even ask everyone to get a similar template (like logo in the center, shirts on its left and right or whatever you want).

I'm against any kind of template restriction... I've worked hard to make my template, I should be able to use it :)

This just comes across as whining to me honestly, there is a good balance between text and artwork and as you see from Jaffas concept that is a perfect balance. Text should enhance the concept not dominating it. Having a good presentation is just as much apart of the concept as the actual jersey itself.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well with this, I'm allowing paragraphs to accompany the design to help get votes. So words on the image wouldn't do anything.

"Wouldn't do anything" in what sense? Basically, we already are allowed the explanatory text so image text is pointless? Or is it a suggestion to disregard any image text when casting votes?

I'm OK with whatever is decided, but I'm reading this two ways, so I wanted to clarify.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Sorry to be a pain but I am still not 100% sure what you are saying. Are you suggesting that each entry should just be images only and then be complimented with a paragraph of text submitted to you, with which you will post in the thread as each group is unveiled? Or, it is acceptable for text to be both on the image as well as in the paragraph?

OFF TOPIC

...and as for Ecuador becoming my "second team" thanks to this contest. Maybe not...

f183b4a0-ec31-11e3-bbd9-47d74a10fcea_BpU

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Sorry to be a pain but I am still not 100% sure what you are saying. Are you suggesting that each entry should just be images only and then be complimented with a paragraph of text submitted to you, with which you will post in the thread as each group is unveiled? Or, it is acceptable for text to be both on the image as well as in the paragraph?

OFF TOPIC

...and as for Ecuador becoming my "second team" thanks to this contest. Maybe not...

f183b4a0-ec31-11e3-bbd9-47d74a10fcea_BpU

Yeah well Sterling kind of deserved the attack with that brutal tackle on Valencia...come one, it's a friendly prior to the World Cup. It could have (and I say could have) ended Valencia's World Cup. Not really needing that in a pre-World Cup match.

Colombia. Oh well, might as well work something out with cocaine... or a silhouette of Falcao getting tackled by the french amateur that made him miss the World Cup.

Ahem.

One question though, will you put on some rules for the submission ? Something kinda bothered me in your European Tournaments: it's that some concept had a whole designed background and text as explanation, sometimes nearly shadowing the logo concept itself, while others were just the logo thrown out in a white backgound. I personnaly thought at first that you couldn't add text or a background to the concept and made the 3 concepts at the same time with just a plain background, I was kinda surprised when I saw the other submissions (don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify my horrible rankings haha).

I think it could be fair to explain what's ok for the concepts (background, explanation for the elements chosen in the logo and shirts), or even ask everyone to get a similar template (like logo in the center, shirts on its left and right or whatever you want).

I'm against any kind of template restriction... I've worked hard to make my template, I should be able to use it :)

This just comes across as whining to me honestly, there is a good balance between text and artwork and as you see from Jaffas concept that is a perfect balance. Text should enhance the concept not dominating it. Having a good presentation is just as much apart of the concept as the actual jersey itself.

Given the confusion above this post, I think it was a legit question. I don't give a :censored: how you interpret that.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Quick question that I came across in designing, is brand switching allowed? Since Costa Rica has Lotto as a sponsor, would I be able to change it another one, or is that gonna be frowned on?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Still working out some kinks with the uniforms and I'm polishing my logo. I had some artist's block but today I came up with multiple ideas and I now I don't know which one to pick. I'll probably take at least five more days to think about it.

I really hope everybody gets their work in. Would be a shame for a great contest like this to be marred because some people didn't fulfill their promises.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived