Oakland Raiders logo concepts

BrandMooreArt

I think it has to do with the face. He looks more stern than angry/aggressive and it's a little cartoony for a team like the Raiders. Needs more angular lines/harder edges.

Reminds me of those NFL Huddles from the '80s:

5392536986_c8133a3740.jpg

Yours is very nice Brandon, but I'm personally a fan of the original more because of the realism of the illustration. It just suits the franchise better (in my mind). Your version is sharp and clean, but it doesn't look like an actual person any longer... it looks like a cartoon of one.

I've yet to see a good Raiders concept design in that middle ground of being a better illustrated design yet still retaining that realism; though, most people go off the other end of the diving board, making it too intense by using a skull of some sort.

Yours is very nice Brandon, but I'm personally a fan of the original more because of the realism of the illustration. It just suits the franchise better (in my mind). Your version is sharp and clean, but it doesn't look like an actual person any longer... it looks like a cartoon of one.

I've yet to see a good Raiders concept design in that middle ground of being a better illustrated design yet still retaining that realism; though, most people go off the other end of the diving board, making it too intense by using a skull of some sort.

yea i feel the same way. i think im going to take another stab at it by drawing in AI with my wacom and see how it turns out.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Hi Brandon. Great inspirational work - as always.

I agree with the others that the one with the black background fits the best.

Did see that on dribbble already and thought about the chin area right away. I think it is a bit too long and too pointed. After having the chance to take a closer look at it right now, I feel that the head is too long all in all when you estimate that the head would fill out the helmet.

I also have the feeling that the shadow that the helmet causes on the face could be more prominent. Right now it's just too much face visible. I'd also suggest to give the face a more experienced, rugged feel with a suggestion of a scar or some wrinkles.

And just a little detail about the shield. The outline of the handle of the sabres could be a bit thicker to take away more of the thin silver line - just as it is the case with the blade outline.

Hope I could help a bit.

All the best wishes.

Daniel

Hi Brandon. Great inspirational work - as always.

I agree with the others that the one with the black background fits the best.

Did see that on dribbble already and thought about the chin area right away. I think it is a bit too long and too pointed. After having the chance to take a closer look at it right now, I feel that the head is too long all in all when you estimate that the head would fill out the helmet.

I also have the feeling that the shadow that the helmet causes on the face could be more prominent. Right now it's just too much face visible. I'd also suggest to give the face a more experienced, rugged feel with a suggestion of a scar or some wrinkles.

And just a little detail about the shield. The outline of the handle of the sabres could be a bit thicker to take away more of the thin silver line - just as it is the case with the blade outline.

Hope I could help a bit.

All the best wishes.

Daniel

all good points. i tried doing more of a sketchy style but that didnt turn out. i'll have to revisit it again at some point. for now ill just leave it as an idea

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived