ArenaBowl XXVII logo released

reppact

I hate the standard SB logos as much as anyone, but this awful logo isn't even in the same ballpark. The bad thing about the SB logos is that they're very similar every year; they all look fine on their own.

This logo, on the other hand, does not look good on it's own and is way worse than any Super Bowl logo has ever been.

In no universe is that better than the Super Bowl logo.

I'm with you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think if the NFL added regional colors to the branding, it'd be better than this AFL logo. I like that the stadium branding and regional media is unique and keeps alot of the old Super Bowl traditions with it.

• 2 months later...

I don't see any other AFL thread in Sports Logos, plus I'm watching this ArenaBowl on ESPN because nothing else is on, so I wanted to ask wtf is up with the Arizona Rattlers helmet? They really felt like this didn't need any color?

23163841_BG1.jpg

(pic from an earlier game against the Spokane Shock, instead of the Cleveland Gladiators who they're playing right now in the championships, although Arizona's wearing the same all-white uniform)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Also, although not exactly the same, the patterns on both the Rattlers and Shock's sleeves are too similar. Very lazy on Russel's part, but can't expect much. Why did the Rattlers ever change from their beautiful gold helmets from before?

Hadn't watched an AFL game since they folded in 09, and that game last night did not make me watch it. Did Cleveland even try? Jeez might of been the most lopsided Arena game I've ever seen.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Also, although not exactly the same, the patterns on both the Rattlers and Shock's sleeves are too similar. Very lazy on Russel's part, but can't expect much. Why did the Rattlers ever change from their beautiful gold helmets from before?

Hadn't watched an AFL game since they folded in 09, and that game last night did not make me watch it. Did Cleveland even try? Jeez might of been the most lopsided Arena game I've ever seen.

I was wondering what happened to the gold helmets too, because I caught the tail end of their semifinals game against San Jose, who was my de facto team to cheer for in the mid-2000s when arena football seemed more popular, and it looks like the home and road uniforms are a complete color swap, down to the helmets:

Rattlers_Sabercats_Gonzales_001.jpg

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

1. Those helmets are copper.

2. They still wear them, along with the white helmet and a black helmet, too.

Yeah I was going to correct myself on the copper/gold thing but forgot. Thanks.

The helmets I was referring to were the ones they wore when I watched the Arena League. The copper helmets with the awesome R/Rattler head logo. For the longest time while I was watching the game last night I couldn't figure out what was on their helmet. It looked like a big black blob.

Besides, how much money do you think a cash-strapped Arena team would save if they only had one helmet as opposed to 3?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Yeah I'm not a big fan of that logo. The classic big R is on the black helmet.

I don't think the Rattlers are one of those teams that is having trouble. Don't know if anybody else is wearing 3 helmets.

Archived