Players wearing outdated equipment

mad43dog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Smyth with the leather gloves with the high cuff, the CCM bucket, a wooden blade and a mullet. Smyth was a huuge Gretzky fan.

ryan-smyth2.jpg?w=672&h=448&crop=1

Not as of the last couple of seasons, but Martin Brodeur used to wear the same old chest protector that he had for decades.

Screen-shot-2010-11-03-at-10.38.18-PM.pn

Legend has it Arturs Irbe had teammates run over his pads with trucks to break 'em in once he got them. Wore them for a decade or two.

irbe&sher-wood_.jpg

OttawaSenators.png

The equipment itself, not the design. Usually done by older players that keep their style with them.

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

0418_Jamie-Moyer_630x420.jpg

Scott Player's facemask

Scott_Player_Mustache___for_blog.png

Craig Mactavish's lack of a helmet

4918-125Fr.jpg

What's wrong with wearing pants that show stirrups in baseball? I wouldn't call it outdated, but more of a needed throwback look in today's game of thuggish, baggy baseball pants.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

What makes baseball players thugs for wearing more comfortable baggy pants? That word gets thrown around so much it has lost its meaning.

He just said they look like thugs, Manny Ramirez comes to mind.

I wouldn't go that far but I do think the classic look blows the long pants/no socks look out of the water.

This is how baseball SHOULD look:

Ichiro+Suzuki+Division+Series+Baltimore+

The Yankees OFers know how to do it, I've seen games where all three of them are showing socks.

87Redskins.png

The equipment itself, not the design. Usually done by older players that keep their style with them.

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

What's wrong with wearing pants that show stirrups in baseball? I wouldn't call it outdated, but more of a needed throwback look in today's game of thuggish, baggy baseball pants.

I think he means that Jamie Moyer's pants were sized differently. Today's players either wear their pants down to their shoes or they take pants that could be worn at the shoes and instead bunch them up at the knee. Jamie Moyer's pants were tailored to stop mid calf, which is how they all used to do it.

Jamie Moyer's pants were the John Stockton shorts of baseball

payton-stockton.jpg

by his last year he was the only guy in the NBA still wearing the dinky nut huggers.

John-Stockton-AP.jpg

The difference between his shorts and Malone's right next to him is comical.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

Scott Player's facemask

4918-125Fr.jpg

Mccarthy is right i meant the tight mid calf look.

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

Scott Player's facemask

4918-125Fr.jpg

Hunter Pence and Brendan Ryan both do the tailored pants like Moyer did as well.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

Hunter Pence and Brendan Ryan both do the tailored pants like Moyer did as well.

Their pants are baggier. Moyers pants were striaght out of the 80's

rod-carew-079003932.jpg

512x.jpg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

Scott Player's facemask

4918-125Fr.jpg

Not really. Those guys pull their pants up to their knee, but they're long enough to wear at the shoes if they wanted to.

Jamie Moyer's are pulled as low as they can go and they stop midcalf, which was the style in the 80's and early 90's. That's the difference.

cde409440780fc27be16a683534d7143.jpg220px-Brendan_Ryan_warming_up.JPGryan-brendan.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived