USA Soccer Logo/Crest Update

Goallinedesign

What's up everyone-

I am not a huge soccer fan but after watching the world cup I was inspired to rebrand the team. Although i did like some aspects of the teams current look, I think it could be improved.

Team USA's current look:

hfaW_E_2.jpeg

I like:

-Keeping a "crest" or "shield" as a predominant logo

-Stars and stripes, the most iconic symbols of america

-Obviously red, white, and blue

I DO NOT like:

-Abbreviated "US" rather than "USA"

-The pretense of the soccer ball looks amateur and not necessary

-Light blue & light red look more playful than aggressive and powerful

-Beveled stars are inconsistant and also unnecessary

Here is mine! Uniforms are coming soon. What do you think?

Thanks!

tumblr_n7bttjygA21rtyhrwo1_r1_1280.png

JackGambroDesign.com

------------update!

Here is some updates based on your responses! I tried to cover all of the requests. What are your thoughts on these?

tumblr_n7bttjygA21rtyhrwo3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_n7bttjygA21rtyhrwo2_r1_1280.png

Jack Gambro Goal Line Design

Is there a reason for the faded blue where the stripes start? I like the star in the A I just don't like the crossbar continuing outside of the slanted barriers. It makes it look less stable to me.

I would change the badge shape to either their current shape or mold it around the USA and Soccer script.

Not a fan. Looks dated and old fashioned, and frankly looks like something I would find on an old-navy t shirt. First off, the odd shape is completely unnecessary, and the fonts you have chosen just do not work in a soccer crest. Also, I agree about the gold; just does not look good.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not a fan. Looks dated and old fashioned, and frankly looks like something I would find on an old-navy t shirt. First off, the odd shape is completely unnecessary, and the fonts you have chosen just do not work in a soccer crest. Also, I agree about the gold; just does not look good.

This is the single most positive response you've ever had to a concept, haha.

All in all, I like the idea behind it, but I agree it could use some tweaks. I'm just gonna list what I like and what I don't.

What I like:

-The crest shape. It's a bit unique, but isn't over the top.

-The old school feel of it. In my opinion, I think the US identity almost always looks better when it is more regal and reserved looking. It gives that feeling of being an historic program (even if we aren't).

What could change:

-The Navy Blue is a but too dark for my tastes. I'd lighten it up VERY slightly (not too much).

-The use of gold. I like the outline of the shield being gold, but I find that the rest of the gold on the crest is unecessary, and muddles up where the red and white would come in contact normally.

- The use of the word "soccer." I'm not sure why I don't like it, it just seems incomplete, and having it above USA makes me read it as "Soccer USA," which doesn't feel right.

-Miscellaneous: Something feels like it is missing. Not sure... Maybe a ball or an eagle or something... Actually, I think a Navy Blue silhouette of an eagle night look good on the stripes (just spitballing ideas now).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Ok I know I'll probably echoing most of what Lafarge said but here's my opinion.

Like-

This one looks much more modern than the other one, while staying classy (Its not 90's is what I'm saying)

The layout

Dislike-

The use of gold outside the outline

Kill the word soccer. It's useless. If its on a soccer shirt I'm pretty sure its a soccer crest :P

Normally I'd like the blue shadow on the flag, but here I think its holding the crest back

And yes an eagle would look great on the flag stripes.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

take the star outta the A and arch the soccer then you should be good

Thanks! I kept the "soccer" straight to stay consistent with the top of the shield.

I like the srtaight soccer.

Is there a reason for the faded blue where the stripes start? I like the star in the A I just don't like the crossbar continuing outside of the slanted barriers. It makes it look less stable to me.

I would change the badge shape to either their current shape or mold it around the USA and Soccer script.

The first question is nagging at me... Why

I like the original shape of the crest better. Hate the gold in yours. Please take out the gold.

Seconded

Also, the A looks messed up.

tinysig.jpg

I really like the update compared to what the US currently has, but it needs some work. The shape of the badge or shield makes the arching of "USA" looks odd. Maybe because the top is straight while the wordmark is arch is conflicting my perception. I feel like you have the right elements there, its just not working well together at the moment. Also why the shadow in the stripes?

The second one is good, lose the soccer ball, lower the size of "USA" (too close to the edges) and maybe make the blue a bit lighter. The shape is looking a lot better, and I love the font choice.

Kudos.

xOwzChW.jpg

I think the update looks great. I'd make the cream/off-white actual white; white is what's on the flag.

For some reason, the inclusion of "soccer" on the first one doesn't bug me as much as it did on the original design. Maybe it's the placement, or maybe it's that the design as a whole is so much better.

The second looks better overall, but I don't much care for the ball being there. I don't know if it would look any better with a star in its place or if it would be redundant, since there are five more stars below.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC Dallas - Minnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Archived