Arizona Coyotes Concept Logo

Keel

I've never really been a fan of the Phoenix Arizona Coyotes, mostly due to their location. I never thought that hockey could work in the desert, and it appears as though my thoughts were correct. Anyways, there has been one thing I've always liked about the Coyotes - their logos. I thought their original logo was different, but in a good way. It was unique. When they changed their logo 11 years ago, I was sad to see the old one go, but I quickly began to like their new (now current) logo.

With the team recently releasing their unused logos that were designed during the design process of their current logo, I decided to make a concept out of one of those logos. I decided to go with their original color scheme, I thought it would fit the logo better. C&C are very welcome!

arizonacoyotespres_zps92ec8280.png

MARKHAM UNITED.png

The mouth is all wrong the teeth wouldn't go out of the mouth like that in real life

I do agree, but in the unused logo that I based this off of has the teeth this way. Looking at it again, it does look a little awkward. I'll fix it soon.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

The mouth is all wrong the teeth wouldn't go out of the mouth like that in real life

Actually they do come out almost exactly like that:

yote.jpg

I see a couple main issues with this logo:

- your lines need to be smoothed out. The brow region looks awkwardly jagged, and the inside curve of the mouth is way too rough. The outline on the second logo is the easiest way to see this. Smooth out the lines and thicken the outline a bit.

- it looks like you got lazy with the shading around the nose on top of the muzzle. Go back and touch up the shading, make it crisper.

- some areas are too thin and it looks weird. The tip of the back ear and the black tooth look too narrow and sharp, and the yellow area of the eye could use some thickening. The bottom jaw is also kind of unrealistically pointy, but that could be more of a style thing.

- the neck area looks a little weird. Going straight from small jaw to GIANT cheek fluff makes for some odd proportions.

Overall I like it. The colors would be a bit bland together in real life, but I'm not a fan at all of the Coyote's current logo and you've made it a lot more interesting.

I've never really been a fan of the Phoenix Arizona Coyotes, mostly due to their location. I never thought that hockey could work in the desert, and it appears as though my thoughts were correct. Anyways, there has been one thing I've always liked about the Coyotes - their logos. I thought their original logo was different, but in a good way. It was unique. When they changed their logo 11 years ago, I was sad to see the old one go, but I quickly began to like their new (now current) logo.

With the team recently releasing their unused logos that were designed during the design process of their current logo, I decided to make a concept out of one of those logos. I decided to go with their original color scheme, I thought it would fit the logo better. C&C are very welcome!

arizonacoyotespres_zps92ec8280.png

i like the teeth they give some motion effect

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Archived