Need the Board's Opinion On My Raptors Concept

uuh70

Had an idea for a Raptors concept and wanted to get the board's opinion...

I was looking at their original pinstripe uniforms and noticed the triangle on the bottom of the shorts similar to the Bulls

xuqo7ze2y2jhedyekjld4ffke.gif

after looking at their logos, I thought of placing the the maple leaf from their alternate logo a few years ago in that spot with a modified uniform

yqxm55ag4g55bfnvg20gsh8eo.gif

RaptorsHome_zps5407e7e9.jpgRaptorsRoad_zps84dee984.jpg

now obviously I'm still in the beginning stages and haven't added details yet, but what do you guys think of the maple leaf on the shorts?

And I was possibly thinking of adding the original pinstripes but wonder if that will be tpo cluttered with the maple leaf

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

I like the maple leafs. It's unique, and pretty cool. I've never really liked any of Toronto's uniforms (I know, I'm the minority here), but I like those shorts. The jersey needs some work, but I'm liking.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Jerseys are incredibly plain, but I know you said you aren't finished. I actually think the maple leaf works very well on the shorts. I would say no to the pinstripes, it would clutter up the jersey, and the maple leaves should be the eye catcher, not "oh look pinstripes... (4 weeks later) oh look a maple leaf on the shorts, I missed that."

I've never understood the whole 'Maple Leaf' thing with Canadian teams. Like I get that it's on their flag and all but why does almost if not all Canadian professional teams have to have the maple leaf? I think some sort of Raptors logo would look better then a random maple leaf which has nothing to do with raptors lol.

I've never understood the whole 'Maple Leaf' thing with Canadian teams. Like I get that it's on their flag and all but why does almost if not all Canadian professional teams have to have the maple leaf? I think some sort of Raptors logo would look better then a random maple leaf which has nothing to do with raptors lol.

I don't know about hockey designs, but Bluejays are the only MLB team and the Raptors are the NBA team in Canada. The Canadians are proud of their teams. I'm sure if the U.S had one pro team in the a premier league, there would be an American flag in the logo.

If your going to do this then you need to do at least to things.

A. change the waistband color like the Knicks do, it'll make the jerseys "pop" more

B. the maple leaf has a black outline, but nothing else has black.

Also just cause a teams from Canada that doesn't mean that maple leafs are a requirement. It's like saying every Irish team needs a Shamrock. If you look at the name Raptors have no relation to Maple Leafs except for the fact that they're from Earth.

Ok finally came up with a finished product..

I looked at their original uniforms and noticed the zig zag pattern on the name plate and decided to use that for the side paneling. In addition I gave them a fauxback alt

RaptorsHome_zpsf1d697bc.jpg

RaptorsRoad_zpsfd10f294.jpg

RaptorsAlt_zps69313aa3.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

The thick black outline around the maple leaves doesn't fit with the rest of the concept. Either add black elsewhere or remove it altogether.

I'm not a fan of the two colored jerseys in my opinion it looks really minor league. bBut even if you were to do that, you have a collar/sleeve issue. They are purple on the font and red on the back; maybe it looks fine here in 2-D, but on a court it would look very odd with a sudden break from purple to red.

award%20sig.png

I'm not really liking the whole maple leaf thing. We tend to hate when every team wants to put a damn maple leaf just to further push the point that it's a Canadian team. I wouldnt completely eliminate the leaf though. if the stripe at the bottom of the shorts continued into the silhouette of a maple leaf, it would make it much more subtle but still work. Throw the raptors claw-ball logo in their and you have a winner.

Not a fan of the zig-zig dinosaur spine (whatever its called) look on the side. If anything, a sublimated version of it only pointing towards the back may work - imitating a dinosaur's back.

I think you did exactly what you didn't want to do with the pinstripes. The diamonds are making it much busier than the stripes would make it in my opinion.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Ok this turned into a "combination of eras" concept lol. After not being able to get the maple leaf to look quite right I decided to get rid of it and instead use the pinstripes from the original Raptors uniforms as the piping for the side panels

TorontoRaptorsHome_zpsd7e92408.jpg

TorontoRaptorsRoad_zpsbbd11328.jpg

TorontoRaptorsAlt_zpsd0ccd68c.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived