• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do requests on this, I request the local school where I live and that is Lower Columbia College, whose nickname is Red Devils

Here's the only logo I can find for them: LCC.jpg

Did a quick google search & it appears this school uses a logo that's heavily inspired by HOT STUFF the little red devil aside from that LC.

I went to 3 different high schools in 3 different states and was dual-enrolled in a community college for the latter 2 of those, but I spent the most years in Florida and took a psychology course at Brevard Community College, which was recently rebranded as Eastern Florida State College. The funny thing is, they're still using the athletics logo from their BCC Titans days, even after the addition of green makes it sorta obsolete:

0.jpg

Here's the meager attempt they've made at trying to update the logo:

0.jpg

idk if you're willing to do state colleges (basically non-universities that can offer 4 year degrees) ITT, but if you are, could you redesign the Eastern Florida State College Titans into something totally EFSC and not BCC?

For reference, here's the BCC Titans logo:

Eastern-Florida.png

And here's the two school logos that EFSC uses:

Eastern_Florida_State_College_Logo.pngfloridaeast.jpg

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Have you heard back from any of the community colleges yet about your logos ren? They are awesome by the way

I've reached out to the following schools:
Assiniboine Cougars
Delgado Dolphins
Merced Blue Devils
Miami Dade Sharks
Ohio Zanesville Tracers
Paris Texas Dragons
South Texas Jaguars
VHCC Wolves
Westminster Blue Jays
Whatcom Orcas
I've heard back from a couple of them, unfortunately it seems none of them are interested in rebranding. The Delgado Dolphins sounded promising but never went anywhere. Here's what their Baseball Coach had to say:
Ren:
Please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx to discuss expanding on your logo design..,we like what we see! Anytime that works for you, even this weekend, we'd like to talk!

Here is what the Creative Project Coordinator from Pellissippi State Community College wrote:

Ren,

I really do love your logo work, and I read through your sports logo forum thread. Unfortunately, the requester was mistaken. We already have a panther logo, and we do use it. However, its great work and had the timing been different, we might use your art. Keep up the great work though!

The others never responded to my emails. I just emailed the Athletic Director, Men's & Women's Basketball coaches from UC Santa Cruz the other day, hopefully I'll hear from them soon. Fingers crossed!

Have you heard back from any of the community colleges yet about your logos ren? They are awesome by the way

I've reached out to the following schools:

Assiniboine Cougars

Delgado Dolphins

Merced Blue Devils

Miami Dade Sharks

Ohio Zanesville Tracers

Paris Texas Dragons

South Texas Jaguars

VHCC Wolves

Westminster Blue Jays

Whatcom Orcas

I've heard back from a couple of them, unfortunately it seems none of them are interested in rebranding. The Delgado Dolphins sounded promising but never went anywhere. Here's what their Baseball Coach had to say:

Ren:

Please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx to discuss expanding on your logo design..,we like what we see! Anytime that works for you, even this weekend, we'd like to talk!

Here is what the Creative Project Coordinator from Pellissippi State Community College wrote:

Ren,

I really do love your logo work, and I read through your sports logo forum thread. Unfortunately, the requester was mistaken. We already have a panther logo, and we do use it. However, its great work and had the timing been different, we might use your art. Keep up the great work though!

The others never responded to my emails. I just emailed the Athletic Director, Men's & Women's Basketball coaches from UC Santa Cruz the other day, hopefully I'll hear from them soon. Fingers crossed!

Aw that's too bad they should really consider making your work their logos. Well anyway maybe you'll have a chance with UC Santa Cruz!

Good luck! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more colleges to come!

wc-blue-jays.jpg

LogoTemplate_WestminsterC.png

Thanks for stopping by guys & for the positive feedback! Was working on this one as a possible proposal for a local high school needing to rebrand due to the fact they are using TX State's logo & were asked to stop. The post along with logos is in the sports logos section. Unfortunately the coach took it upon himself to alter the Bobcats original logo & call it their NEW logo. So decided to add it here for now as the Jones County Junior College logo.

LogoTemplate_JonesCounty3.png

LogoTemplate_JonesCounty4.png

LogoTemplate_SpokaneBigfoot.png

All of your logos are fantastic, Ren. But these are my personal Top 3 of this thread:

3 – In my view, the Westminster Blue Jay is much better than the current Toronto Blue Jay. Yours got that distrustful look on his face that makes him bolder, more aggressive without becoming comical.

2 – The Jones County Bobcat is one proud guy, isn't he? You've managed to create a bobcat that has a friendly facial expression, not the stereotyped mean, wide open jaws grimace, without looking too friendly, harmless or cuddly. This guy tells us: "I might look nicer than I actually am. So, be careful!"

1 – The Bigfoot from Spokane is simply gorgeous! Beautifully rendered, nice shading. He seems to be 9 foot tall although we don't see the rest of his body. The colors assort well with each other although it doesn't really seem that way at first glance. If I had to be nit-picky (and I want to be nit-picky right now because all of your concepts are flawless :notworthy: ) I would just fill the toes of the two small feet inside the roundel because these outlines are quite thin. But that's really just nitpicking.

This is definitely one of the best threads one can find here on CCSL.net. Truly inspirational, fantastic work, Ren. As usual! Keep up the good work! Can't wait so see more.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Appreciate that GOPATRIOTS! Guess like others have mentioned before...many schools, while they may like my work would much rather go with an established & reputable design firm instead of a user name on a sports logo site.

Yeah I guess so, but it doesn't really make that much sense to me. If I were them I would want to rebrand my outdated look.

Thanks GO RED SOX, Appreciate the kind words! I see what you mean on that Spokane logo, those toes on the footprints tend to get a little lost. I'll fix that & post it later on.

GOPATRIOTS, many of them I'm sure would like to rebrand but for what ever reasons they may have just don't & the one's that do prefer to have it done by a professional logo design company which unfortunately I'm not. I won't mention their name but I even had a college reach out to me asking for ideas on a rebrand of their school! They saw my update to their logo on my vintage logo thread. Here is a couple of the emails of what they had to say:

Sir,

I am writing to ask first, where did you get our logo from and second, if you had any ideas for a redesign/rebrand, what would they be? I am looking to help move us into the 21st century with our logo and need ideas. Thank you sir.

When I asked if they would be interested in taking their logo & talks of a rebrand to the next level, this was the response I got.

Well, I am in the midst of having a company do a logo, but I am always looking for multiple options for the students to vote on. We can't pay anything until we got a design we like.

Thanks GO RED SOX, Appreciate the kind words! I see what you mean on that Spokane logo, those toes on the footprints tend to get a little lost. I'll fix that & post it later on.

GOPATRIOTS, many of them I'm sure would like to rebrand but for what ever reasons they may have just don't & the one's that do prefer to have it done by a professional logo design company which unfortunately I'm not. I won't mention their name but I even had a college reach out to me asking for ideas on a rebrand of their school! They saw my update to their logo on my vintage logo thread. Here is a couple of the emails of what they had to say:

Sir,

I am writing to ask first, where did you get our logo from and second, if you had any ideas for a redesign/rebrand, what would they be? I am looking to help move us into the 21st century with our logo and need ideas. Thank you sir.

When I asked if they would be interested in taking their logo & talks of a rebrand to the next level, this was the response I got.

Well, I am in the midst of having a company do a logo, but I am always looking for multiple options for the students to vote on. We can't pay anything until we got a design we like.

I hope that school gives you chance. That's too bad the others would rather have a professional do theirs. Well anyway keep up the good work! These are awesome!

Archived