• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins is my favorite. I like the different angle for the mascot. I guess we're used to left to right and the dolphin is straight/right to left.

ren69, I had to google Harlingen, TX. No wonder I didn't know where that was! Now THAT's south texas. stay safe my friend.

US NAVY VETERAN

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

I like this "as is".

I like the simplicity of the plain "M". It's there without competing with the Eagle-head.

Just out of curiosity...

-what does a 1-colour version (green and white) look like ?

-and what would it look like without the grey line around the Eagle-head?

The black Eagle-head line would just blend into the "M".

Nice, clean logo, ren.

am i the only one who finds the simple right to left mascot better because it's not done as much? Such a simple thing on that eagle logo but I think it makes a huge impact.

Also, the rounded features of the text inside and sharp corners on the outside of the text is a unique touch.

US NAVY VETERAN

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

I like this "as is".

I like the simplicity of the plain "M". It's there without competing with the Eagle-head.

Just out of curiosity...

-what does a 1-colour version (green and white) look like ?

-and what would it look like without the grey line around the Eagle-head?

The black Eagle-head line would just blend into the "M".

Nice, clean logo, ren.

I actually have a few versions I went through before finalizing the one I used. It started out too detailed & realistic so I began cleaning it up. Below is a quick peek of my initial to semi final sketches/drawings & final Illustrator versions as well. I think it still gives off a realistic vibe but not sure if that's a good or bad thing. It's a bit more challenging making a school logo in general as apposed to a specific sport where you can incorporate elements of the game into the logo, IMO.

@UinformDesigns, those are supposed to be ocean bubbles, if you will. I can see what you mean though by it looking like paint splatter. I haven't got around to touching up that Orcas logo but once I do I'll take a look at that as well. Thanks

LogoTemplate_MeridianCC3.png

I'd prefer the eagle head with gray accents (bottom left). The green and white one still looks great, but something's missing when comparing the two.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Unfortunately, I will not be attempting to fill many requests in this thread as I did in my other but as always ALL requests/suggestions are truly considered (my apologies). If I feel I have something to offer the requested/suggested school I will definitely take a shot at it, as I did with this one. Many thanks everyone!

Stormers-Logo-200px.png

LogoTemplate_MilwaukeeTC.png

Ha! Looks like the Michelin (sp?) (I think it's Michelin) tire company mascot.

I think it needs a hat and lightning bolts in his hand!

Awesome concept though. Like a Greek storm god ghost from ghostbusters.

US NAVY VETERAN

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

Archived