These are some great concepts and I love how you're redesigning Community College logos. You'd think some of these schools would have 2 year graphic arts programs with students capable of producing better logos than what they currently have.

The community college I duel-enroll at has a fairly boring identity.

2zoavk2.jpg

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ren,

wow - you really got some great logos here. I think that I like the Eagles and the Bears the best.

Let me tell you something that came to my mind when I looked at the logos closely. I think that you are very good with the "mascots"/figures when it comes to highlighting/shadowing/simplifying/using negative space. But there's something that's bothering me and I think that it is they way you incorporate the wordmark as well as the outline that often is too thin in my opinion (e.g. Orcas). Sometimes the wordmark is too plain or you lose the line thickness of the logo when you do highlights/shadows on the wordmark what also looks a bit off. Or the font sometimes doesn't fit in with the style of the logo (Stormers). Or the horizontal and vertical thickness of the letters is unbalanced and it looks stretched (Tigers).

I think with the Bears and the Eagles you managed to bring font and logo together in a very good way and that is why I like them the best. And I think that if you fix that with the others it might improve them although they already are very good.

All the best wishes

Daniel

Thanks Dan for the observation & feedback! Yeah, word marks are obviously one of my weaker areas & lack creativity. I've never really been good at em & seem to get lazy when it comes to that part of the design. When I was younger & there was no computer art programs (lol), I used to draw the word marks along with my logos. Now with so many available fonts online I just tend to focus all my attention on the logo itself, which I know I shouldn't. Really appreciate your input! Thanks again.

Thanks Dan for the observation & feedback! Yeah, word marks are obviously one of my weaker areas & lack creativity. I've never really been good at em & seem to get lazy when it comes to that part of the design. When I was younger & there was no computer art programs (lol), I used to draw the word marks along with my logos. Now with so many available fonts online I just tend to focus all my attention on the logo itself, which I know I shouldn't. Really appreciate your input! Thanks again.

I'm with you on the word marks mentality to get lazy with them. The hardest part for me is to decide what shape it's going to take on (where to place it). I'd love to hear your response Dan. When I get to that stage in my Dolphin stage hopefully you can put in your two cents.

Unfortunately, I will not be attempting to fill many requests in this thread as I did in my other but as always ALL requests/suggestions are truly considered (my apologies). If I feel I have something to offer the requested/suggested school I will definitely take a shot at it, as I did with this one. Many thanks everyone!

Stormers-Logo-200px.png

LogoTemplate_MilwaukeeTC.png

:shocked:

Holy crap that's awesome... I'd love to have that on a t-shirt or a jacket!

If you have time, ren, I'd appreciate it if you could apply your magic to the Ohio University - Zanesville Tracers logo (not necessarily a Community college, but close to it)

http://www.ohio.edu/zanesville/currentstudents/athletics/athleticinfo.cfm

I'm on my phone right now, but if you follow the link, you should see a picture of the team on a basketball court. The logo is on the court but is the only one I can find of it. If I find a better picture I'll post it in this comment.

BTW, that stormers logo is fantastic. Great work as always!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

How have I missed this topic for so long!

So far the only critique I have is that the bear for Mott looks more like a wolverine with how skinny the head and snout are. I'll see if I can dig up some interesting mascots you may want to take on. The first one is the Eastern Arizona Monsters. I did an update of their current logo, but it wasn't a redesign. I think you'd have fun with it: http://eacmonsters.com/

Edit:

Okay I got a little excited haha. I looked up colleges on the west coast real quick and found these unusual names that may be fun to tackle. Don't feel pressured to do any, I just thought you'd like some ideas:

Oxnard College Condors

Blue and Green

Rp898pH.png

Bakersfield College Renegades

Red and Black

I don't get what a knight has to do with renegades...

logo.png

Treasure Valley CC Chukars

Blue and Orange

4fa9555123cf5.preview-300.jpg

Yakaima Valley Yaks

Red and Gold

footer_yaks.png

Community Colleges of Spokane Bigfoot/Sasquatch (I saw both while I was searching)

Navy and Columbia Blue

bigfoot.gif

This school is the Solano Falcons but it seems they use a hawk as their logo & if I'm not mistaken it also belongs to someone else.

Went ahead & kept this one pretty simple.

SolanoCollegemascotFalcon.jpg

LogoTemplate_SolanoCC1.png

That current logo was designed by Von Glischka it's all over the place, although, I'm not sure what it was originally designed for.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

• 2 weeks later...

These projects are all wonderful. As far as Paris, the tower without the detail is better. The detail actually takes the eye away from the dragon. I also agree that Mott reads more wolverine than bear.

May I request Miami Dade College? This community college in my birth-town is the largest single-city community college, with enrollment of over 100,000. Their mascot is the sharks.

MiamiDadeLogo.jpg359-homepage.jpg

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Here's another but couldn't decide if I prefer the Eiffel tower clean looking or with the added detail. I was also trying to create a custom word mark for it but didn't draw up anything that was really worth posting so I just went ahead & scrapped it.

LogoTemplate_ParisJuniorCollege1.png

LogoTemplate_ParisJuniorCollege.png

Incredible. I like the 2nd version more with the detail.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived