2014 MLB All Star Game BP Hats

sportsfan0518

I was watching SportsCenter when they unveiled the 2014 Home Run Derby Captains, and I noticed something weird about the BP hats that Tulo and Jose Bautista had on. They had their logo on their respective team hats, but the logo was in Twins colors. So are the BP All Star hats going to have the teams logos on it but in Twins colors? Are there going to be no hats with the traditional A and N on it?

Here is a picture of the two hats. Sorry that I could not get a close up on them.

2wch92q.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of the rumor that next year's NBA all-star jerseys will be normal team jerseys, but on a gray base. I generally dislike hats in non-team colors but I'm intrigued by the concept here. Seems much more marketable than the league-specific All-Star Game merch that I never see anyone wear.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I give these hats an F. I mean come on. Either the MLB couldn't find a clever design to make an A or N style cap for the Twins, or they just got lazy. The Rangers one looks exactly like their normal hat. If I was a Twins fan I'd be ticked off at the MLB for screwing me over with these hats.

52etcg.pngeqnskh.png

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

The Braves is more or less the road cap with a red outline. I like it and wish teams started releasing their normal cap designs in the Diamond Era version. Most of these designs don't work, however...only the ones whose colors are already red and blue and are similar to their usual designs.

It'd be interesting if they kept this up over the next couple of years. We'd see everyone with a black or red cap next year (game's in Cincinnati), and who knows where else in '16, '17, and '18. Of course, with 13 teams that wear red and blue, there's a fair chance the caps for one of those games will look the same as the ones this year.

It'd be interesting if they kept this up over the next couple of years. We'd see everyone with a black or red cap next year (game's in Cincinnati), and who knows where else in '16, '17, and '18. Of course, with 13 teams that wear red and blue, there's a fair chance the caps for one of those games will look the same as the ones this year.

I heard a rumour that 2016 is in Baltimore or Boston, 2017 Miami, 2018 LA, then maybe 2019 in DC. I'd rather have 2016 or 2017 in DC. Miami needs to prove that new stadium can hold a crowd which they have failed to do. That was such a waste of money, IMO.

I heard a rumour that 2016 is in Baltimore or Boston, 2017 Miami, 2018 LA, then maybe 2019 in DC. I'd rather have 2016 or 2017 in DC. Miami needs to prove that new stadium can hold a crowd which they have failed to do. That was such a waste of money, IMO.

That would be three NL ballparks in a row. They don't do that. They've only gone back to back once, to line up Yankee Stadium to host in it's last year.

Anubis.png

Yeah, because building a beautiful new ballpark is such a waste of money.... As opposed to what the the money was earmarked for------

Only a ballpark, or the opera house.

Tourist bed tax paid for that- the same money the dolphin were trying to get too, as well as the heat.

Haters gonna hate tho-

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

How many ****** hats do teams need? All this is for is so at lids there can be like 5 different hats of your team!

Home, Road, Alt, BP, Memorial Day Cam Hat, 4th Of July Hat and now All Star Game hat!

It's getting absurd and imo diluting alot of the brands.

Archived