Creamer Concept World Cup - VOTING(FINALS)

raysox

CCWC_zpsda7fe96f.png

Voting is finally here! Here is how voting for this competition will go.

4 groups will be posted a day. Groups A B D and E will be posted today(6/24), and Groups C F G and H will be posted 2 days from now(6/26). You will rank the 4 teams in each group. 1st will recieve 4 points, 2nd will recieve 2 points, 3rd will recieve 1 point, and 4th won't recieve any. Please don't vote until every concept is posted on the day they're scheduled. The top 2 points earners in each group will move on to the knock out round, with the same pairing style found in the World Cup

Live (kinda) points can be found here

The original thread can be found here

Group A
Group B
Group C

Group D
Group E
Group F
Group G

Group H

Round of 16
Quarter Finals
Semi Finals
Finals

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GROUP A

Let me know if there are any issues with your concept.

Brazil - JimmyN64
Simplicity and national symbols were the aim for this redesign of the Brazil National Football team. I took inspiration from both the flag and national seal of Brazil to create a simple yet effective crest. The kits deviate a bit from the standard ones traditionally used by the team. The primaries feature a blue sash which fades into green toward the bottom. The clash are a deep navy with a diamond pattern fade into a slightly lighter navy.
tumblr_n7od5xtQiP1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

Cameroon - Jaffa

Cameroon's new look sees the lion finally returned to the national crest - the four stars mark the 30th anniversary of the first of the nation's four African Championships. 'Indomitable' references both the team's nickname 'The Indomitable Lions' and their indefatigable spirit.

The national colours of green, red and yellow are still featured, but the home kit is now solely green and yellow in a halved design - a rare look in international football. However, red still features as the key colour of the team's away kit.

Both kits include details to personalise them to Cameroon. Side vents are cut into four sets of four stars, a further reference to the African Nations Cup triumphs. The national flag is featured on the collar using stylised claw marks, a similar method is also used to denote the flags in the matchday customisation. Finally, the numbers feature breathing holes based on the Bamum script - each number features holes matching the corresponding Bamum numeral.
tumblr_n7od5xtQiP1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Croatia - PackerFan98

tumblr_n7od5xtQiP1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

Mexico - jdp
Here is Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación (or FMF, or FEMEXFUT). The more I looked at and researched Mexico and its crest, the more I came to appreciate it and all that was included in it. One thing I knew had to stay was the golden eagle, the national symbol of Mexico. Inspiration for the kits came from a portion of the original crest I left out: the Aztecs. The waves (part of the Aztec symbol for "stone") on the home kit symbolize the stone on which Tenochtitlan was founded (this is also present in the Mexican coat of arms). The black away kit returns, but has sublimated jaguar spots, harkening back to Aztec jaguar warriors.
tumblr_n7od5xtQiP1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

Group B

Australia - STL Arch Madness

For the crest, I wanted to keep it simple, but show major elements for the Australian nation. Read about the crest in the paragraph below it (zoom in) to get the details. My favorite part is the Aboriginal symbol in it, the symbol for kangaroo. This symbol is also seen on both jerseys, and is a major part in this re brand. I gave this such a heavy influence because the animal is such a huge symbol for the country, and to pay respect to the native people of Australia. This symbol also pays homage to the team's nickname, the "socceroos", given to them by it's fans. As for the home kit, I tried to keep it simple, and kept some elements from their history in it. I kept the green collar that the team has traditionally worn. The coat of arms that is usually on the right-upper chest, has been added and sublimated across the full chest. The away kit has the same subliminated style, but this time with the Australian National flag. I did this because people recognize the team by their colors of green & yellow, so I wanted to get rid of the navy blue clash kit. But to acknowledge the country's "colors", I added the flag to the jersey. I hope you all enjoy! Come on Aussie, Come on!"
tumblr_n7odz6K4721qe2dhgo4_1280.png

Chile - burgundy

La Roja will be taking to the pitch in a red shirt featuring a white chevron, symbolizing the mountains and volcanoes of Chile, and blue trim, along with red shorts and blue socks. The clash kit is white with blue shoulders, invoking snow-capped peaks and the blue skies above. The crest takes its shape from the Chilean coat of arms, and features a Condor, Chile's national bird, soaring above the Andes Mountains.
tumblr_n7odz6K4721qe2dhgo1_1280.png

Netherlands - raysox
The Dutch have one of the most recognizable kits in the field. In every world cup they’ve entered in the modern era, the Oranje has been prominent in their main jersey, and in the stands. I went classic orange/white/orange, rather than monochrome orange, or black shorts that have been used recently. The full body lion remains the centerpiece, with a transparent badge and crown taken directly from the coat of arms. I did some Easter eggs on the uniform too. I hid the team nickname on the back, made the Nike arm pit holes tulips (which are prominent in Dutch culture), and put the crown from the crest on the numbers. The alternate is the colors from the flag, compared to the navy color they currently rock. So yeah, Hup Holland Hup!
tumblr_n7odz6K4721qe2dhgo3_1280.png

Spain - GriffinMarlins

Crest: I like the shape of the shield in the current crest, so I kept that. I cleaned up the football (volleyball?) at the bottom, and added some more blue to crest as a whole. The pillars and lion from the current one stay intact, but the other images are removed. I also stuck the Spanish translation for "Spanish National Team" in the banner at the bottom. The star in the middle represents the world cup championship from 2010. This crest as a whole was meant to be a simplification of the current one.

Uniforms: Seeing the uniforms for this year's cup, I really like the sublimated pinstripes. However, I wanted to make them more visible. I used an alternating pinstripe pattern on the primary, because I wanted a good mix of red, blue, and gold. The clash features a predominately red look, just like the 2014 clash. The world cup champions badge appears on the left sleeve of these jerseys, unlike on the right breast like in real life. IMO, the badge and crest both on the front clutter the jersey. Keeping the badge on one of the sleeves keeps the look classier and simpler.

tumblr_n7odz6K4721qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Actually, don't vote on yout group. Didn't even think of that. Also this group is the Group of Death.

Group D

Costa Rica - BlackBolt3
Affectionately beloved in their home country, the Costa Rican National Football Team represents the vibrancy and passion of the island. The logo combines the colors from the 1990 crest, and the "reverb" design of the current crest. The home kit is a pinstriped interpretation of the Costa Rican flag, with changes colors responding to a beach sunset. The secondary kit also features the national flag, this time, in muted red hoops. Behind the badge is an ox cart wheel design, which is a national symbol. The design has 22 points, the number of players on the field at a time. Within both kits' numbers is a Costa Rica monogram, and inside both collars is the phrase "Ticos Contigo" which has a loose translation of "Costa Ricans Are With You".
tumblr_n7oe7zwWPz1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

England - drdougfresh
tumblr_n7oe7zwWPz1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

Italy - Conrad.

With my concept for the Italian National Team, I’ve attempted to capture the culture and history of one of the world’s greatest soccer nations. For the home kit, I’ve kept the honor and traditions of the maglia azzurra, or “blue shirt” by creating and blue top, white shorts, and blue socks. To add refinement and detail to the design, I have created a marmo azzurro savoia, or “royal blue marble” sublimated pattern on the top. Further details on the maglia azzurra include cuff and collar details that create the appearance of the Italian flag when seen from the front; with green details on the left side of the kit and red details on the right side of the kit. To further support the stylish and classy aesthetic, I have chosen a collared necktype.

When creating the clash kit for the Azzurri, I wanted to bring a historical kit into present-day style. In the 1938 World Cup, the Italians wore an all-black kit for two matches on the way to winning their second World Cup title. In order to add a level of interest to my clash kit, I have added three thin pinstripes, and colored them in the color and positioning of the Italian flag. I’ve used a v-neck necktype on this kit to vary the design from the home kit and also echo the necktype design of the 1938 clash kit. The all-black clash kit also allows Italy to use a blue top, white shorts, and black socks combination that is the same combination used in the first maglia azzurra ever worn, in 1911.

In terms of details that both kits contain, the back collar of both kits bears a graphic naming the four years that Italy have been crowned World Cup champions. Also, both kits have the long form of the FIGC acronym inscribed on the inside “tag” area of the top, as well as the back of the shorts. Finally, both sets of socks contain the FIGC lettering on the back-calf area. It’s also worth noting that I have switched the kit provider for the Azzurri to the Lotto Sport company, which is located in Italy. I’m of the opinion that you should always support the local companies whenever possible.

The numbering and lettering design for both kits is inspired by the art noveau movement that is present and popular in the fashion-trendy cities of Rome and Milan. The redesigned crest present on both kits is a combination of elements from the current crest as well as the crest worn by the team from 1952-1982. I wanted to make the four stars more prominent when seen from far away and I also wanted a more traditional shape to the crest.

In conclusion, I’d like to thank raysox for putting this all together and inspiring me to put out a concept, which I’ve neglected to do recently. Thanks to all the other participants and voters as well, and may the best team win! Forza Azzurri!
tumblr_n7oe7zwWPz1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Uruguay - razr32154
The Uruguayan Football Association has released its new crest, as well as new kits for the 2014 Chris Creamer Concept World Cup, made by Nike. The new crest maintains the vertical sash of our previous crest, but the sash is now enclosed in a shield shape which also features the stripes of the Uruguayan flag. The new crest also features the Sol De Mayo, located at the bottom of the shield, with an olive wreath wrapping around the shield.

La Celeste has maintained its traditional Sky blue over black shorts home kit, as well as a White over Sky blue road kit. However, Nike has added a modern flair to the traditional design through the sublimation of the Sol de Mayo on each kit. "We wanted to create a vibrant, yet traditional for La Celeste," said Martin Lotti, Global Creative Director, Nike football." We feel the balance of tradition with vibrance properly suits the attacking prowess which with La Celeste plays with.
tumblr_n7oe7zwWPz1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

Group E
Let me know if there is a problem with your concepts.

Ecuador - Marble21
Ecuador. Yellow for the Sun and Gold, Blue for the Sky and Liberty, Red for the Blood and Freedom. These official colours are complimented with a blue sash reminiscent of historic kits. The crest also adopts these colours as well as the national animal, the Andean Condor as well as the national flower, the Rose. The kit manufacturer is Marathon, based in the country. The away shirt is inspired by the famous textiles of the Imbabura Province and in particular on sale at the Otavalo market.
tumblr_n7oejkN2rJ1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

France - TheGiantsFan
The crest is essentially a fleur-de-lis with a soccer ball, a "scroll" that reads "France", and a shield with the French flag on it, with a significant blue part on the front of the shirt to continue to represent "Les Blues". The home kit is very representative of the French flag while the clash kit incorporates the gold from the crest. Colors are consistent throughout the set and are included in at least one part of each kit. The French set is outfitted by Nike.
tumblr_n7oejkN2rJ1qe2dhgo1_1280.jpg

Honduras - alexo
El Bicolor presents for the first time a third color on their jerseys. A darker shade of blue will be introduce. The new crest keeps the soccer ball and the flag's five stars. The full name of the Honduran soccer federation have been places on the crest. The team also introduce their new affiliation with Adidas, witch replace Joma. The stripes pattern is kept for the home uniform, but in a brand new way.
tumblr_n7oejkN2rJ1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Switzerland - CrashCarson15
I've decided to focus on a few things in this concept—streamlining Switzerland's national identity, incorporating the Swiss cross into the crest, and using the country's four official languages as imagery. Gone is the old setup that saw both the Swiss cross and the federation logo both on the kits, replaced by a diamond badge featuring both the cross and an "S" for Switzerland, Suisse, der Schweiz, etc. The crest of course is four-sided to represent the four languages of Switzerland while the sublimated quartered shirt is another nod to this facet of the Swiss society. To put a bow on it, a yellow-gold is added to the color palette to liven things up from the straight red and white scheme currently employed by the Swiss national team.
tumblr_n7oejkN2rJ1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

OKAY GO VOTE

Grp A--

1. Brazil

2. Croatia

3. Mexico

4. Cameroon

Grp B--

1. Chile

2. Netherlands

3. Spain

4. Austrailia

Grp D--

1.England

2. uruguay

3. Costa Rica

4. ITaly

Grp E--

1. Honduras

2. SWitzerland

3. France

4. Ecuador

tinysig.jpg

Group A

1) Cameroon

2) Mexio

3) Croatia

4) Brazil

Group B

1) Chile

2) Netherlands

3) Spain

4) Australia

Group D

1) Uruguay

2) England

3) Costa Rica

4) Italy

Group E

1) Honduras

2) France

3) Ecuador

4) Switzerland

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Group A

Abstained - But it looks like I'll be posting my concept separately for C&C sooner rather than later. Well done, Group A.

Group B

1. Netherlands
  2. Australia
  3. Chile
  4. Spain
Group D - Very tough group

1. England
  2. Uruguay
  3. Italy
  4. Costa Rica
Group E

1. Honduras
  2. Ecuador
  3. France
  4. Switzerland

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Group A:

1. Cameroon

2. Brasil

3. Mexico

4. Croatia

Group B (These designs were very good; I had a very hard time determining the order):

1. Chile

2. Australia

3. Holland

4. Spain

Group D:

1. Italy

2. England (Got knocked down because it looks like the crest features two lionesses and this is the men's national team)

3. Uruguay

4. Costa Rica

Group E:

1. Switzerland

2. Honduras (the only thing I didn't like is the tiny numbers on the front)

3. Ecuador (the image size is extremely small; I assume the original concept was larger. Can it be fixed?)

4. France

award%20sig.png

A-

I award you no points, and my Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy on your soul.

B-

1. Netherlands

2. Chile

3. Australia

4. Spain

D-

1. Italy

2. England

3. Costa Rica

4. Uruguay

E-

1. Switzerland

2. Honduras

3. France

4. Ecuador

None of these were easy picks, great work everyone!

TDZiMMB.png

Archived